Double Duke Trouble

BoJamesDuke

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke shakes his head negatively,smiling.

"No that's ok I ain't gonna drink so much as a beer knowin' you's can't but want to,that ain't fair to you. This has all been a lot harder on you than me. When ya get off the antibiotics we'll go have a round at the Boar's Nest to celebrate how's that maybe Daisy can get the night off and B.L. will come,we'll go jukin' "

Luke stands stretching his long frame after sitting still for a while before heading to the ladder figuring Bo's done enough moving around for the morning.

"Sit tight I'll bring 'em to ya"

B.L. looks back out the window,Uncle Jesse had left without even coming inside and Luke seems to have been in the barn an awful long time although it's only been minutes. Sees Luke sprinting across the yard to the house.

"Wonder where he's going in such a hurry"

This said Luke climbs down the ladder jogging back to the door,stepping inside alot calmer than he had before. Grabbing the bottle of pills and slipping them into his shirt pocket before retrieving a glass from the cabinet.

Bo watched Luke sprint across the yard, and for the first time that morning, he noticed the General in the yard, gleaming in the sun. He looked it over wistfully, realising it could be a long time before he left the farm again.

Daisy looked up as Luke bolted through the door, looking calmer than he had before he had gone out to see Bo. She had been worried when Jesse had taken off without looking in on them. She looked to B.L before gently saying with a questioning look.

"Luke....what happened?"

Luke shakes his head uncertainly

"Don't know Bo ain't said and I ain't askin if he wants to tell me he will."

Turning back toward the door opening it as he looks back at the two friends.

"I gotta get his antibiotics back out there too 'im we'll be in when he's ready."

B.L. is just as relieved as Daisy hearing that at least Bo isn't angry.

Daisy nodded and smiled at Luke.

"He's lucky to have you sugar, we all are."

All the time that Luke was away, Bo had just been looking at General Lee, recalling many of the good times they had both had, how may times the General had saved their lives. Now that he had the time to stop and think about it, the General was more like a family member to him and he knew to Luke too. He couldn't imagine being without him.

Luke smiles tenderly at Daisy

"I'm just as lucky if not more so to have all ya'll"

Walking out the door and back to the barn Luke climbs the ladder carefully so as not to spill the water. Seeing Bo looking at the General Lee, Luke walks over carefully sitting down indian style. Sitting the water down in front of himself and taking the pill bottle from his pocket shaking one out and holding it out to Bo smiling with a questioning eyebrow raised.

"Here cousin, what's on your mind now it's working overtime"

Bo slipped gently out of his reverie and pushed himself gently so he was sitting up, taking the glass of water in his hand and nodding his thanks to Luke as he took the small pill, placing it in his mouth then quickly downing the water.

He quickly lay back on his front once he'd done it, resting his chin on his hands and looking out over the yard again.

"Not much Luke....just thinkin' bout the General and how many times he's saved our skin is all...."

Sitting the glass out of the way so it won't be broken Luke mirrors Bo's positiong reguarding the General himself

"Yeah he's sure kept us from gettin our tails caught in a crack lots of times."

A sudden thought occurs to Luke as he looks at Bo from the corner of his eye.

"Hey Bo you wanna go for a drive? We's can just ride around for a while if ya want not goin nowhere in particular or even seein nobody else just you,me and the General."

Luke looked at Bo as he rolled over and caught the wince finally his curiosity getting the better of him.

"So you gonna tell me what happened after Jesse and you came in here or not?"

B.L. smiles at Daisy as she stretches out her legs slouching in the chair

"Nothing really just can't get Bo and Uncle Jesse off my mind I'm dyin to know what happened that Uncle Jesse just up and left without even comin in the house to tell us."

Daisy nodded.

"Yeah, that is unusual....and I am too....makes me think that something happened Jesse ain't happy 'bout..."

Bo sighed and remained staring at the ceiling.

"Well...uh....I came in and we just kinda....stood in silence....then we argued, s'what made my head hurt...he told me to...to uh...lean over the hay bale.....and I told him I couldn't....well i really couldn't, the pain in my head hurt bad that my legs felt wobbly and the world kinda span a little faster....than its means to....but he just thought I was bein' defiant again and dragged me over there.....I leant over it but my....well....my legs kinda gave way just as he brought the switch down......"

He trailed off, debating whether or not to show Luke, but eventually he did, rolling gently on his side and pulling his shirt off.