Double Duke Trouble

BoJamesDuke

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B.L. snorts disbelievingly

"No I won't leave you alone till you stop hiding things you know I'm persistant if anything when I wanna know what's going on in that head of yours......nothing to talk about my eye. Bo your a grown man and ya Uncle was threatnin to switch ya all the way to the point of hauling your tail to the barn and you say there's nothin to talk about? I'll believe that when pigs fly!"

Luke nods then throwing out a thought hoping to make Jesse feel better.

"True ya shouldn't but then ya shouldn't hafta be tellin me not to walk across the hood of the General neither like ya just did, I'm older than Bo."

Bo sighed irriated and turned his head away from her to look out the window. He wasn't going to give into this, if all else failed he would really fall asleep and then he wouldn't have to worry. He was such a deep sleeper that if a hurricane came through he still wouldn't wake up.

Jesse chuckled slightly

"That's more outta habit than 'cause i's tellin ya off..."

B.L. glares at Bo even though he's not looking at her anymore. Getting frustrated herself getting things out of Bo he really didn't want to talk about could be like pulling teeth.

"Bo I won't go away just cos ya ignore me you know that. Uncle Jesse left here without sayin a word to me 'n Daisy that ain't like him and we're worried about him and you."

Luke chuckles nodding

"I suppose it is..... but if I needed tellin off you wouldn't hesitate to do it."

Daisy sat on the bed, looking down at her hands that were clasped in her lap. She hated having to interrogate Bo like this.

Bo continued to ignore her, keeping his head turned away and letting his eyes slip closed.

Jesse nodded gently.

"Yes...but I know you's has the common sense ta know when you's gone too far and stop. Bo just don't seem ta get that...."

B.L. gave Daisy a brief squeeze she didn't like interrogating Bo either but feeling she and Daisy had been kept in the dark long enough B.L. is determined to get answers.

"Bo stop being so childish with the silent treatment."

Luke looks up into Jesse's worried care worn face smiling

"Bo's not himself Uncle Jesse you and me both know he ain't pushed this far in a long time. I had a long talk with him, those guys did something to Bo that only asserting his independence can change or so he thinks. I ain't sayin let him have his own way just cos he wants to do things his way no matter what. Just try and think of it as raisin three teenagers again. I know we was mostly good kids but I can remember more than a few times we drove ya to distraction."

Bo sighed and turned back to her.

"Then will ya quit with the questions and leave me be! I told ya, I ain't tellin' ya what happened, no way no how, I'm tired and I wanna go ta sleep."

Jesse smiled softly, looking down at the top of a head that was covered with an unruly mop of dark curls. Luke had always been the one to guide his younger cousins through the lessons that Jesse just couldn't teach them, especially after he had returned from his four year service in the marines. Luke had grown wiser than he (luke) thought, and it was times like this Jesse felt immensly proud of him. He chuckles gently.

"You best be careful Luke. You's startin' ta sound like me. If you don't watch it you's gonna be lookin like me too."

B.L. glares at Bo for another second before turning on her heel and practically stomping out of the room. Once out in the hall she leans against the wall with a frustrated growl.

Luke tosses away the grass he'd been playing with before climbing to his feet and glad to see Uncle Jesse at least seemed to be in a better frame of mind now.

"You about ready to go home? I promised Bo I'd be back as soon as possible...*chuckles* I left two vultures babysitting and they probably started hounding him to death with questions the minute I left. B.L. especially I could see it in her eyes and when she takes a notion to find out something she's like a dog with a bone just won't let it go till she knows."

Bo glared back as B.L left the room. Daisy watched her younger cousin turn away again and sighed, leaving the room and going to B.L in the hallway.

"I didn't think it was a good idea...."

Jesse nodded and stood up, heading back over to the pick up.

"I think yer right....I'll see ya back at the farm."

"No I guess not"

B.L. sighs shaking her head sadly she just wanted to know what was going on with Bo.

"See ya there"

Luke follows Jesse stopping himself just before climbing up on the hood of the General Lee to walk across again,instead walking around the car. Climbing in and starting the powerful engine pulling out and around the pickup doing a U turn to head back to the farm. Leaving Jesse in a cloud of dust as he guns the accelerator letting the car eat up the miles,arriving back at the farm in record time.

Daisy pulled B.L into a hug.

"It'll be alright....we's just gotta wait for Luke is all...."

As soon as the girls left, Bo's eyes practically dropped closed. He was sound asleep within minutes.

Jesse smiled as Luke walked around the car and watched as he gunned the powerful orange stock car away, thinking at that moment, he couldn't have asked for three greater kids than the ones he had.

"Yeah guess so"

B.L. hugs Daisy but then cocks her head as she hears a noise. Grinning as she starts back down the hall toward the livingroom.

"Speak of the devil....let's see we can get some answers out of him!"

Luke slides out of the stock car whistling as he crosses the yard,opening the door to be met by B.L. standing there with both eyebrows raised in a question of what's going on.

Luke can't help the grin that escapes as he takes in B.L.s ready to pounce look. He does manage to stop the laugh however. Turning to look at Daisy's worried expression as she joins them in the kitchen he takes each one by the hand leading them back to the livingroom. Sitting on the couch a girl on each side of him he sighs looking at each in turn.

"Relax things are ok...Uncle Jesse's right behind me"

Luke wraps his arms around Daisy resting his cheek on the top of her head. Sighing Luke licks his lips before saying

"Uncle Jesse did take a switch too him but after so much movin around today Bo's legs gave out from under him and Uncle Jesse accidentally hit his back. That's why I had to go find Uncle Jesse he's real upset over it hisself."

B.L. gasps more than a little shocked. Understanding now most likely why Bo wouldn't tell her and Daisy what happened. B.L. mentally kicks herself for pushing Bo now wishing she'd just let him be when he asked her to.

Luke nods taking Daisy's hand

"I didn't think he'd do it either but Bo kept pushin his luck and just went too far......Yeah I've seen it,ain't bad Uncle Jesse didn't give him but the one lick after seein what he did Bo said he kept apoligizin' over and over then he helped Bo get settled up in the loft before leavin. I found him sittin at Hazzard swamp."

The pickup is heard pulling into the driveway before a door is heard closing. Uncle Jesse stops by the hood taking a deep breath before even thinking of going inside,intending to apoligize again and praying Bo can forgive him.

Looks out the window as she hears a door slam and sees Jesse stadning next to the truck, obviously trying to gather himself. She turned back to Luke.

"Well he's here now....someone needs to tend to that welt on his back or its gonna get infected real quick with his immune system bein' as weak as it is....."

Luke nods "

me or Uncle Jesse'll take care of it Bo don't want ya'll to know yet so don't let on like I tole ya ok?"

B.L. nods she really whishes now she hadn't riled Bo.

Uncle Jesse takes on last deep breath gathering his nerve before going in the back door looking at Luke and the two girls it's obvious Luke told them what happened.

"How's Bo?"

B.L. gulps at the saddened look on the older man's face before pointing toward the back of the house

"He's asleep I think"

Luke nods "

me or Uncle Jesse'll take care of it Bo don't want ya'll to know yet so don't let on like I tole ya ok?"

B.L. nods she really whishes now she hadn't riled Bo.

Uncle Jesse takes on last deep breath gathering his nerve before going in the back door looking at Luke and the two girls it's obvious Luke told them what happened.

"How's Bo?"

B.L. gulps at the saddened look on the older man's face answering as she puts her forehead down on folded arms atop the table.

"He's asleep I think"

Daisy sighed and saw the confused look on Luke's face. She leant up to his ear and gently whispered what had happened with Bo. After that she broke away from his embrace and went over to wrap an arm gently around B.L's shoulders.

"You ain't done nothin' wrong B.L, you were worried we both were. We just wanted ta know what had happened..."

B.L. reaches up clasping Daisy's fingers her head never leaving her arms .

"I know Daisy but you wanted to stop ya thought it was a bad idea I read it in your face but I kept tryin to drag it outta him til he got really mad and that couldn't have been good for him."

Luke steps over standing behind B.L.'s chair gently combing his fingers through her ponytail.

"Bo was probably just tired he'll be all smiles again when he wakes up"

B.L. briefly turns Daisy's hand loose to pat Luke's hand then taking a deep breath raises her head no sense worrying about it she figures.

Uncle Jesse after watching to make sure everything is ok in the kitchen smiles at the trio.

"I'm gonna go check on Bo"

After getting a nod of response from Luke he quietly goes down the hall entering the room soundlessly his breath catching unexpectedly as he sees Bo lying there on his stomach arms folded ontop of the pillow under his head sound asleep. Quietly picking up the old chair he's sat in many years when one of the boys was sick he moves it beside Bo's bed gently smoothing the hair away from Bo's face careful not to disturb him.