Double Duke Trouble

BoJamesDuke

B.L. saw the concern in Cooter's eyes for her own well being and mouths I'll be fine,just tired and worried about the Dukes.

Luke continues to listen to the motor frowning at the amount of time it's taking Cooter to get it right when normally he'd have it finished by now.

Doc sighs sinking into the chair in the room

"Jesse if I had a pill that could fix that then I'd be the richest man in hazzard instead of J.D."

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cooter raised his eyebrows slightly at B.L, showing he didn't believe her at all. He knew though that he couldn't stall Luke for much longer, him being the great mechanic he was he knew that Luke knew he should have had it done by now....

Jesse shook his head and sighed.

"You plannin' on insertin' the tube while he's awake or are ya gonna....drug him again...."

Meanwhile, Daisy and Bo had been having a talk....Daisy had finally got bo to open up about his nightmares and inside she was shocked and heartbroken at what she had found out...she needed to tell Luke but didn't want to leave Bo or get Luke in here to tell him in front of Bo's face....

B.L. shrugs knowing Cooter didn't believe her but they'd have to discuss it later.

Luke nodded satisfied as Cooter finally got the adjustment done

Doc gives Jesse a sympathetic look they were in for another battle no doubt when he pulled out yet another needle

"I'm going to put him to sleep for the proceedure I think it would be easier on all concerned."

Cooter stood up straight and glanced to B.L, practically begging her to think of something else to distract luke before he turned to him.

"That sound alright to you buddy roe?"

Jesse sighed and rested his head against the headboard. Bo was right, he was being turned into a human pin cushion....that wasn't how he wanted Bo to pass on feeling like.....but then again if they could get some nutrients into him then he might not pass on at all.....although deep down he didn't really believe that.

He scrubbed a hand tiredly down his face and stood up.

"I got chores ta do....call me in if ya need anythin'..."

with that he stood up, grabbing his red cap and headed out the door...

B.L. again shrugged but this time it was a gesture of not knowing how else to distract Luke.

"sounds good Cooter"

Luke says in a tired emotionless tone of voice

Doc follows Jesse from the room dreading what he was about to do, goes back to the boys room with a heavy heart and a sigh

"Bo we need ta talk about somethin' and ya probably ain't gonna like what I got to say."

Cooter nodded and pulled out from under the engine, his usual grin at finishing a job gone at the sound of Luke's voice and the way he looked like he was about to fall over.

"Luke....you alright buddy roe...."

He quickly stepped over to him and took his arm in order to make sure he didn't fall over. The last think anyone needed was for Luke to collapse on them.

Bo and Daisy looked over to the Doc, Daisy of course not knowing what the heck was going on. she swallowed and gently asked the Doc...

"D'ya want me to leave?"

Luke rubs his tired eyes

"I'm fine Cooter just a little tired"

B.L. snorts disbelieving she'd been there she knew Luke wasnt fine

"Sure your fine Lucas and I'm Miss America..sit down before ya fall down"

Luke obeys with Cooter's help not having the strength to argue with her nor inclined to do so

Doc shakes his head

"No Daisy you can stay. Bo I'm concerned about your drastic weight loss and not eating so I'm going to put in a feeding tube. It's a realively simple procedure I'll go in through your nasal passage to your stomach,I'm going to put you to sleep first though."

Bo looked at the Doc disbelievingly, slowly shaking his head. The doc had promised.....no more needles, no more drugs....but here he was going against his word....he didn't trust him anymore....there was no way he was getting anywhere near him....

"No.....no you can't do that....you're not doing that I won't let ya....Daisy tell him he can't....tell him Daisy please...."

Daisy bit her lip, knowing Bo was terrified of sleeping now and also of the feeding tube. She looked down to him and shook her head.

"Bo i can't.....its for yer own good hunny....I'm sorry Bo..."

Bo squeezed his eyes shut and turned his head away, screaming out loud.

"NO YOU WON'T DO IT! YOU CAN'T! YOU LEAVE ME ALONE!"

Doc hurriedly went to Bo's side knowing that scream would most likely bring Luke

"Bo just calm down we's got ta get yer weight back up and this is the only way son. I'm only puttin you to sleep while I do it for your own comfort."

Gives up trying to reason with Bo seeing the terror in his eyes and the stubborn set to his jaw

Luke's head jerks around to the house as does B.L.'s as Bo is heard yelling hysterically inside the house. Luke bolts for the door vowing not to leave Bo's side again

"That's Bo somethin's wrong"

B.L. is quick to be hot on his heels thinking here they went again,looks back at Cooter

"Ya comin?"

Luke bursts into the room going straight to Bo's side gripping his hand and smoothing the hair from his forehead. B.L. skids to a stop inside the door leaning against the wall shaking her head,Doc must have told him about the feeding tube.

"Hey.....hey buddy what's all the ruckus in here?"

Cooter sighed and got quickly to his feet, hot on the heels of Luke and B.L. but stopping short of the bedroom door, unsure as to whether Bo would actually want him to see him like this.

Daisy fought back tears as Bo screamed and turned away from her. She got off the bed to let Doc near and gasped as he swung out at the Doc, his arms covering his face.

"Get away from me! i don't want you near me!"

Daisy gasped and said firmly

"Bo!"

Daisy watched as Luke quickly took charge, all to glad that he was here even though she knew he needed time alone.

Bo sobbed and tried to jerk his hands away, trying to get them free.

"Luke let go of me! Let go of me, I gotta get away....gotta get from him!"

He weakly tried once more to pull hard against Luke's grip, even though it was proving useless.

Luke sits on the edge of the bed pulling Bo into a hug his voice half amused rubbing Bo's back trying desperately to get his own heart rate to slow down he'd nearly jumped out of his skin when he'd heard Bo scream and knowing the reason why didn't make him feel any better.

"Ya ain't goin' nowhere cuz ya'd fall over if ya even sat up"

B.L. backs out of the room not able to watch this go on anymore,wanting to get away from it all but unable to make herself get too far from the room she slides down against the wall pulling her knees to her chest head resting atop them.

Normally Bo would have laughed but now it was just too much to bare knowing he depended so much on a guy he didn't even trust no more.

"Luke help me get away....please luke don't let him do it...please don't let him do it...."

Daisy felt so sorry for Luke....knowing that Luke had no choice but to let the doctor do it....

Cooter sighed and picked B.L. up, guiding her down the hall.

"C'mon now, i think you need to come home fer a while. They'll let ya know if anything happens...."

Shaking his head tears slipping down his face Luke gulps back the lump in his throat before speaking.

"Bo I can't help ya not this time I'd like nothin' more than ta stop all this the pain the drugs all of it but I have ta let Doc Appleby put in that feedin' tube it's fer yer own good."

begging as he sniffs once

"Please don't be mad at me becuz of it. I love ya is the only reason I'm lettin' him"

B.L. leans into Cooter's side protesting weakly

"I can't go home som.....somebody hasta.........take care of Luke,Daisy n' Uncle Jesse"

Bo shook his head and squeezed his eyes shut again, trying once more to pull his arms out of Luke's grip to cover his face with them.

"I don't want ta go ta sleep.....don't want the tube....I don't want to live like this...."

Cooter shook his head and guided her outside and into the wrecker.

"B.L....they need each other right now and what good are ya gonna be ta them all wore out? Your coming home and that's final, I'll go back in a while once yer settled and see if they need help, but right now you have ta get some proper rest and food."

Luke's heart constricts at Bo's pitiful tone,leaning Bo up carefully he positions himself behind Bo pulling the young blonde against his chest holding him tightly,smoothing back his hair with one hand

"I know ya don't Bo......but the doc thinks tha feedin' tube will help ya get stronger and if ya get stronger ya got a better chance of gettin' better."

B.L. leans against the seat of the wrecker,bringing her hands to her face bursting into tears crying out everything she'd kept surpressed taking care of the Dukes and not allowing herself to deal with her own emotions.

Bo had no choice but to let Luke hold him against his chest, although he still slightly wriggled his hands from Luke's grasp, very much fearing that the Doc would be sneaky and slip the drug into his arm while Luke was holding him.

He knew it was pointless but he tried once more, hiccuping as he spoke pleadingly.

"Luke....please don't make me sleep Luke....tol' Daisy....please don't make me sleep....please....."

Daisy bit her lip at the mention that she knew what was wrong with Bo, knowing Luke would be quizzing her the first oppertunity she got.

Cooter drove off down the road, putting one arm out and pulling B.L. close.

"Shhhhh....alright B.L.....just let it outt...."

Luke raises a quizzical eyebrow in Daisy's direction but doesn't ask too concerned with getting Bo calmed down again.

Let's go of Bo's hands finally satisfied he wouldn't strike out settles for just holding him in a comforting embrace.

"Shhhhh alright Bo shhhhh......why don't you want to sleep Bo?"

B.L. sobs her body shaking as she leans against Cooter without obstructing his driving. Hiccups as she cries

"H......he c......ccan't dd.....d...die.....not .........B..BBB.....Bo. I can't stand it Cooter.......he hurts all the time.....weak......the the crying and the hysterics at the thought of a needle......I can't stand seein' him like that"

As soon as Luke let go, Bo wrapped his own arms protectivly round himself, curling up as much as he could in order to protect himself as much as he could from the Doc.

He shook his head, trembling, feeling very much like a scared little kid once more.

"Just...don't make me Luke.....don't make me...."

Cooter nodded and kept his eyes on the road.

"I Know....your braver than me....i couldn't even bare to go in the room.....god knows what this is really doing to luke inside his head...."

Luke continued to hold Bo in a tight hug hushing him soothingly he looked over at the Doc eyes pleading he couldn't hold Bo still again he just couldn't.

Amos clears his throat knowing none of them wanted to hear the alternative to not putting Bo to sleep anymore than he wanted to use it.

"Bo ya got ta listen......ya either got ta let me put ya ta sleep just fer a little while I won't give ya enough medicine ta keep you asleep any longer than necessary.....Or I can do the tube without puttin' ya to sleep but thats gonna be mighty uncomfortable and you'd have to be still and not fight me it would be the hardest thing ya ever done most likely but that's teh only other option."

Luke closes his eyes silently pleading that Bo chose being put to sleep the alternative was somebody would have to hold him still and he wasn't going to be that person.

B.L. shook her head hiccupping

"I ain't b...brave.....w...was...wasn't so bad....at first.......but couldn't....b...b.....back out.......once.....I.....started...but....I.....don't think.....I can....anymore......Luke.....acts ok b....but he's not.....it's killin' 'im sure as it's killin' Bo.......he has.......moments where he can't take anymore and he breaks like taday when Uncle Jesse tole him 'bout we's losin' Bo no matter what's being done and then 'bout tha feedin' tube he lost it. He did in tha hospital couple times too but it's cos he hadn't slept then......he's been given stuff ta make him sleep a few times but it's not enough rest."

Bo choked and huddled further into himself. He didn't want anything done to him, he wanted to be left alone.....just left alone to live out whatever time he had left.

"Neither....don't do neither....s'up to me and i don't want neither so just leave me alone!"

Cooter sighed and hugged B.L. a little tighter as they pulled into the Davenport Farm driveway. he gently led her into the farmhouse and put her to bed, gently rocking her and soothing her like he had done when she was a little kid.

Luke had been letting the Doc try and convince Bo but seeing he wasn't getting anywhere either asks Daisy deciding it can't wait till they were alone looked like he wouldn't be leaving Bo.

"Daisy why don't he want to sleep?"

Doc was getting ready to give Bo a sedative to calm him down being so upset wasn't going to help the situation but he was hoping against hope the other two cousins could calm him down without the need to drug him.

B.L. huddled into Cooter glad to let somebody hold and comfort her for a while. It felt good to have Cooter there rocking and soothing her like when she was little which is how she felt at this moment a scared little girl that was losing one of her best friends.

Daisy swallowed and went over to sit with Bo and Luke, watching Bo for a moment but when he didn't protest to her telling Luke she continued.

"Luke....those nightmares he has....everytime he has them they're always the same....we're all tied up with the guys who held him hostage....and they point a gun at each of us but....but it's always you who gets shot and Bo's kinda....frozen, held back from helping you until its too late and....each time you....you die in his arms luke then someone tries to take you away from him....that's why he won't sleep....'cause....oh Luke it has to be awful seeing that over and over even though you know it aint real!"

Bo shuddered in Luke's arms as Daisy started talking and clamped his hands firmly over his ears, his eyes wide open and staring at the wall.

Cooter remained holding B.L. gently soothing her into sleep as best he could...

Luke squeezes Bo slightly sighing before gently pulling his hands away from his ears so he can hear what Luke was saying.

"ooooh Bo I had no idea.....it's ok them guys are in prison and noone's going to hurt you or anyone else in the family I promise. Just let the doc give ya enough anestesia to get the job done I'll be here when ya come out from under it. On my word as a Duke Bo I'll be right here. There's no dreams with the drugs anyay I promise."

B.L. drifts off to sleep comforted but clutching Cooter's arm around her middle as if it were her own lifeline.