Double Duke Trouble

BoJamesDuke

"Mornin"

Luke and Amos chorus as Daisy and Jesse join them. Luke just nods knowing it wouldn't do any good saying that Bo needed Jesse or Daisy with him.

"Of course I'll stay with him Jesse just in case he needs anything"

Luke finishes his coffee pushing his chair away from the table standing

"I'd better go get things geared up for the race"

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke looks at the clock on the wall they had all slept a little later after last night and out of pure exhaustion. Standing working the kinks out of his back and neck grabs the bag with his orange jumpsuit at his feet.

"I gotta get to the track and sign in......want to do a couple test laps before the race.....see you and Daisy there Uncle Jesse."

Luke smiled at least Jesse worrying and telling whoever was driving to be careful and not do anything foolish before a race was something normal.

"I'll be careful Jesse.....yeah I promised him I'd set up the cb in our room so he could listen to the race."

Sits the bag in the chair,exchanging it for the cb base. Going into their room it didn't take Luke long to set everything thing up on the night table. Sitting on the bed Luke pushed the hair off Bo's forehead not sure if he was awake or not his eyes were still closed but he could just be resting them.

"Well this is it lil cousin.....race day. It's time for me ta get to the track and get signed in then I'm gonna do a couple test laps. I'll cya after the race buddy and we'll celebrate my victory."

"I'll do that......teach 'em ta mess with the Genreal Lee and a Duke"

Luke tries to inject as much enthusiasm into his voice as he can but not sure how convincing he was being but for Bo's sake he was going to do this. Gets off the bed bending over to kiss Bo's forehead as he closes his eyes again.

"I'll see ya later Bo after the race...the cb's all set up and on the channel the race is gonna be broadcast on."

Leave's the room silently going out the front door climbing into the General Lee without a backwards glance for he knew if he ever looked back he wouldn't leave Bo's pretense of feeling strong didn't fool him for a minute.

Bo sighed watching his cousin leave, knowing Luke was scared for Bo, scared of leaving him and he wished that he could do something to ease that and the pain his older cousin would feel....but he just couldn't....

Jesse watched his eldest go and went in to talk with Bo for a while, saying his part that he hadn't been able to say to him that he knew Bo already knew anyway.

Amos washes up the coffee cups figuring it was the least he could do while Jesse was in with Bo and Daisy was getting ready to go to the race. Finishing that he went and made himself comfortable in the livingroom to read the paper.

Luke got to the track on time and signed in, taking a couple of test laps around the track then parking and sitting quietly in the big stock car waiting for the race to begin usually he and Bo would be talking and joking with the other drivers even placing a few friendly bets but he just wasn't in the mood for company today or making money.

It wasn't long before Daisy stepped out the bathroom all dressed and ready to go, her make up fixed so she didn't look quite so depsressed and tired. she smiled gently at the Doc as she made her way to Bo's room to say her goodbyes, Jesse leaving the room to put on his red cap.

"Amos....thanks fer staying....please let us know if....if anything happens and....keep him....comfortable as possible...."

Bo held onto Doc's hand weakly, smiling his thanks as best he could, fighting the sleep that wanted to overcome him once more.

"Thanks...."

Daisy and Jesse reached the track just in time to wish Luke good luck before the race, quickly taking their places in the grand stand, smiling as they heard the General growl to life.

Bo listened intently to the race as the commentator spoke it through, encouraging Luke in his head as much as he could. He knew Luke could drive better than he was...and he wasn#t about to let him get away with it neither. Reaching for the Cb he spun the dial to Luke's frequency which he knew by heart.

"Luke...pull the ol' Duke skid and slide to get to number two then take number one on the second to last bend....then you've got clear sailin'...."

Luke was so surprised to hear Bo's voice come over the cb he almost slipped back into third but did as Bo instructed and pulled into the 'ol Duke skid slidding back into second. Picking up the cb the hint of the smile that was on his face also in his voice as he responded.

"That's a big 10-4 cousin"

The race continued with Luke holding steadily to second place biding his time till he pulled into first.

Luke began inching his way into first on the 4th to last round. Slowly inching forward getting ready to make his final move and as he came out of the third to last lap and started on the second he geared the General up and slammed hard on the gas surging into first with a classic Bo whoop and another blast of the 'dixie' horn.