Double Duke Trouble

BoJamesDuke

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke smiles a slightly embarassed smile turning a light shade of pink

"I was in the house havin a fit for being too afraid ta speak up when Jesse was talkin to ya in the yard."

Looks to where the pickup is usually parked thinking that Jesse must be kickin himself pretty hard right now

"Listen Bo I need ta go find Jesse but I need you to go inside and keep Daisy from worryin."

Luke doesn't want Bo thinking he wants him inside so the girls can keep an eye and ear open for anything he might need.

Jesse is driving around the back roads feeling like a heel why couldn't he just let it go with a lecture. Never in the years since the cousins had come to live with him had he hurt them like he had Bo even though it was an accident that doesn't excuse it. Finding himself at Hazzard swamp Jesse stops the pickup getting out and walking to the water's edge examining his own reactions to things lately real close.

Bo nodded and gently pulled his shirt back on, keeping his chest turned away from Luke deliberatly, not wanting him to see the huge bruise that covered his chest from landing hard on the roof of the truck. He clamboured down the ladder and waited for Luke to follow, needing his support to get to the farmhouse.

Daisy saw movement out the corner of her eye and tapped B.L.

"They're coming back in..."

Luke follows Bo down the ladder releaved that Bo didn't give him any trouble about staying with the girls at the house. Joining Bo, Luke takes Bo by the arm not wanting to cause him any pain or make Bo feel he's being motherhened too much. Walking slowly back toward the house. Once inside Luke puts the empty glass in the sink and the bottle of antibiotics on the table,helping Bo into the livingroom and onto the couch.

B.L. turns slightly to watch as the two make it across the yard. Smiling as they come in B.L. jovially

"The lost sheep return,you fellas afraid we was gonna find more dishes or somethin that needed doing?"

Bo laughed, fighting back a hiss of pain as Luke helped him sit on the couch, not ready to show the girls yet what had happened.

"Luke can....I go to....room instead....I'm real tired...."

Daisy frowned slightly as she noticed Bo grimace as Luke goes to help him sit down. Something was wrong, she knew it.

B.L. knows something isn't right and is determined to find out what just as soon as she can. She and Bo have told each other most things going on with them growing up.

"Sure Bo"

Luke helps Bo down the hall and to get settled in the bed on his stomach then bending over to look Bo in the eye with the hint of a smile

"Those two are gonna be in here on you like a duck on a junebug the minute I leave. Your best bet is to play opossum for as long as you can."

Luke lays a hand on Bo's head sliding it down to his cheet

"I'll be as fast as a can"

Patting Bo's cheek gently Luke winks before standing and going to the door his hand on the knob chuckling

"Don't let the vultures pick you apart too bad"

Back in the livingroom Luke pulls in a deep breath rubbing a hand down his face before squaring his shoulders to look at the questioning faces of Daisy and B.L.

"I'm goin to look for Uncle Jesse I'll be back in a little while"

B.L. looks worriedly up at Luke from her chair

"Luke what's going on?"

Patting B.L.'s shoulder reassuringly

"I'll explain later B.L."

B.L. nods and opens the door as quietly as possible it giving a soft squeak as they slip inside.

Luke picks up the cb mic as he's leaving town headed to look on the backroads not having found Jesse anywhere in town.

"Lost Sheep one to Shepard you out there? Come back"

When Uncle Jesse doesn't answer Luke tries again

"Uncle Jesse it's Luke where you at?"

Daisy followed B.L into the room and saw Bo lying flat on his front, his head resting in his folded arms. He looked asleep, but as Daisy listened, she knew he wasn't. His breathing was too controlled

"Bo...hunny I know you's awake..."

Bo tried playing Possum some more...he was in no mood to talk to them about this.

Jesse turned round from looking over Hazzard swamp as the CB crackled to life. When he heard Luke calling for him he instantly took up the CB, concerned in case something that happened back up at the farm.

"Ya got Shepherd here at Hazzard Swamp, what d'ya need Luke?"

Bo very nearly cried out as B.L shook his foot, causing the bed to bounce slightly which aggrivated the still sore welt on his back. He was thankful his face was hidden so he could bite back the cry. Eventually he sighed and turned his head to look at them.

"I'm real tired....can't you just talk to Luke?"

Jesse 10-4'd Luke's message and then sat on an old tree stump by the pick up, waiting for his eldest.

B.L. takes a seat on Luke's bed shaking her head giving Bo a knowing look

"You may be tired but your also hiding something.......Nope he's out looking for Uncle Jesse....."

Luke arrives at Hazzard Swamp sliding the General Lee to a stop behind the pickup before climbing out the window and walking across the hood,hopping to the ground before coming to stand next to Jesse with a hand on the older man's shoulder.

"You ok Uncle Jesse?"

Daisy followed her friends action, sitting next to her crossing her arms.

"Come on Bo out with it. You's gonna tell us what happened with you and Jesse or not?"

Bo sighed and rolled his eyes.

"There ain't nothin' ta tell....he yelled at me and gave me a good lecture is all now will ya leave me alone so I's can get some sleep."

Jesse sat looking out over the swamp, thinking about just how many trucks, cars police officers and the like his two boys had sunk in there alone. He heard Luke pull up in General Lee, not needing to turn around as he heard the clank of footsteps on metal as he clamboured across. He smiled as he felt the hand slip worridly onto his shoulder and the concern evident in the young man's voice.

"Just dandy Luke....but you won't be if I hear you walk across that hood again. How many times has I told ya that you could slip and break yer neck doin' that?"

B.L. looks at Daisy to see her reaction to Bo's evasiveness. Finally shaking her head and looking back at Bo. He's hiding something or maybe more than one something she isn't sure but aimed to find out.

"Bo, that dog don't hunt what are you hidin'?"

Luke doesn't let the reprimand about walking on the hood bother him it's not the first time and it won't be the last. Looking out over the swamp for a few silent minutes Luke plunges on into things with both feet no use putting it off. He promised Bo he'd be back as soon as possible and if his suspicions are right the girls are playing 20 questions with him by now.

"Dandy huh? horsefeathers Uncle Jesse I talked to Bo."

Bo could feel his temper rising and had to quickly clench his fists underneath the pillow to keep himself calm, feeling his fingernails digging into his pal to distract him from the anger.

"B.L....Daisy.....I's is real tired right now.....just let me alone..."

Daisy looked worridly at him as she noticed the muscles alone his jaw tighten in anger.

Jesse sighed softly and nodded.

"I had a feelin' ya might...."

B.L. hearing a slight angered edge creep into Bo's voice that he's trying to calm looks at Daisy expression asking do they back down for now or risk the wrath of Bo's anger.

Luke sits down next to Jesse's feet plucking a blade of grass,twirling it in his hands not exactly sure how to proceed so just plunges in.

"You wanna talk about it? He ain't upset he was just layin in the loft seemed to be thinkin alot of things over."

Daisy certainly didn't want to anger or upset Bo, so she looked back at B.L with a shrug. If she wanted to press on then she could, knowing that B.L could deal with the boys anger better than her, all she ever seemed to do was get more angry herself.

Jesse nodded, looking out over the swamp.

"Just 'cause he ain't upset don't mean that I can't be..."

B.L. knows something is very wrong so giving Daisy a fearless look not the least bit daunted by the boy's anger most of the time. Leaning forward elbows resting on her knees and arms folded as she leans over to better look at Bo with a determined stubborn look.

"Bo I ain't leavin till ya tell me what's wrong? And don't you go tellin me it's nothin I ain't buyin it!"

Luke sighs

"I know that.....suppose you tell me why you's so upset if Bo ain't?"