Double Duke Trouble

BoJamesDuke

Bo felt it flare up again as Jesse told him to mind him and he evry nearly literally kicked himself for it. He hated this, he hated feeling angry at the slightest order and he knew Uncle Jesse probably wouldn't like what was coming next.

"I can't mind ya Uncle Jesse.....no matter who it is or what they're tellin' me...I just can't keep a hold of it....if it's somethin' that goes against what....I want ta do or tells me what I should be doin'....that's when it gets the worst and it just....takes over.....I don't know what it is.....I just can't control it when it....gets that bad...."

Bo was thankful for the comforting support on his back and leant into it a little more as he finished.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesse frowns at Bo's words,it doesn't set well one bit that Bo's refusin to mind him no matter what but doing his best to keep his temper from rising and taking the boy to the woodshed Jesse takes a calming breath certain now that this is most likely going to end in a negative way.

"I can understand how ya feel some Bo but ya can't just do whatever you's want no matter what there's laws ya hafta obey or spend time in jail if you break 'em you 'n Luke knows that as well as anybody. Ya got to remember that when we's tellin ya stuff it's not orders just ta keep ya under control it's out of love and what's best for ya."

Luke had taken in a sharp breath and closed his eyes at Bo's words. Glad Bo didn't go into a rage instead feeling his cousin lean into the hand at his back,but beginning to worry that things aren't going to stay this calm. He always knew Jesse did his best to understand their problems but the man must be a saint after hearing all that and keeping hisself under control Luke decides.

Bo nodded and swallowed gently, feeling anger welling up again but keeping himself calm as his hands balled into fists, digging his fingernails hard into his palms.

"I know Uncle Jesse....that's why I's....I's decided I ain't leavin' the farm....no matter what. I ain't goin' inta town or nothin'.....I's gonna stay here until this thing is sorted."

Jesse nods approval of this decision while his heart aches to know that Bo's been so traumatized that he doesn't even trust himself to leave the farm.

"That might not be such a bad idea Bo"

Luke feels his own anger welling up to know those men have taken Bo's freedom in another way. Then idly wonders how long it'll be before Bo goes stir crazy from not leaving the farm and he just has to get away for a while.

Luke took one elbow off the table to wrap an arm around Bo's waist as he felt his younger cousin lean further into him.

Jesse nods a worry line creasing his forehead as a new thought occurs to him.

"That's assuming J.D. would let me post bail."

Taking a deep breath Jesse lets it out slowly preparing for the rest of this conversation,asking calmly hoping to forestall an argument by not giving orders or making demands.

"About your behavior yesterday what do you think is the best course of action?"

Bo shrugged and looked down at the ground, resting his head on his older cousin's shoulder. He knew what he wanted to happen, he wanted Uncle Jesse to just understand that he didn't have any control over what happened when he was in a state like that...but somehow he doesn't think that Jesse believed that.

Luke tightens his hold on Bo just a little wishing he could just take his younger cousin camping for a few days and let him just get away from it all but that isn't likely to happen.

Jesse smiles fondly careful not to let Bo see as he remembers all the times, Bo as a kid not looking at him when asked that particular question after some sort of trouble he'd gotten into. Lifting Bo's chin with his index finger Jesse reads the blue eyes looking back at him as if they were an open book.

"I know what ya thinking Bo ya thinking why don't I understand that ya can't control these impulses right? Well I think upto a point ya can you've just proven it to me. I've seen the look in ya eyes when I'd say somethin that didn't set well and I saw ya clench ya hands into fists to keep control. I know ya know better than that cos I've taught ya better."

Bo's jaw clenched and his muscles tensed as Jesse made him look at him and started telling him what was in his head. Jesse didn't understand at all, Jesse didn't have a clue as to what Bo was feeling so what gave him the right to presume to tell him he did?! He jerked his chin sharply away from Jesse's finger.

"I couldn't control it then! That was the...first time that it happened! It scared the heck outta me and I felt....downright guilty afterwards! How could I control somethin' that....I didn't even realize was there?!"

Jesse lets his hand drop back to his own thigh when Bo jerks his chin from his fingers.

"For someone who felt downright guilty abotu it ya sure didn't act like it. It's ok ta let off steam when ya get these feelin's,it's better for ya to do that than keep 'em bottled up inside. *points a finger at Bo* I won't have ya lookin me in the eye and tellin me ya ain't gonna do what I say,I'll try to remember not to tell demand but to ask instead that might help ya feel more in control."

"You know what! I don't act like I feel guilty 'bout it cause now I think about it I AIN'T! WHy should I be guilty fer doin' somethin' that has benifited me? Why should I feel guilty for speedin' my recovery up a little more? Why should I feel guilty for tryin' to get my life back on track!"

Bo breathed heavily, his bottom lip quivering slightly, jaw clenched. His head told him that he was right to do this, that he was right to stand up for himself which caused the tightness in his jaw....but his heart told him otherwise, his heart told him that he had lost control again, that he had just comepltly ignored Jesse's understanding of the situation and had thrown his chance of making things better between them away. That was what made his bottom lip quiver and his eyes sting with angry tears.

Jesse stands towering over Bo and Luke as he glares down at Bo hands on hips and a look that's so heated it'd make a flower wilt.

"Them's all things to be right proud of accomplishin BUT what ya should feel guilty about is sassin me and yellin at ya cousin when all's we's tried to do is help ya. I think we'd best finish this in private"

With that Jesse stalks off toward the barn,cutting a switch on the way."

Luke puts his face in his hands sighing silently

Bo cowered slightly underneath Uncle Jesse's burning gaze, although his expression never changed, a mix of fear, determination and desperation for someone to understand. He had apologized to Luke for yelling at him, and Luke had already said it was alright, that all he had needed was to vent to make him feel better.

He looked over to Luke as he sat forward, head in hands and sighing softly. Bo shook his head and got to his feet.

"Well thanks ever so much for your support Lukas."

He turned and started making his way slowly to the barn, leaning on as little as he could, seeing how far he could get without leaning on something, knowing that after this he would more than likely have to be carried from the barn back to the house.

Luke looks up with hurt shining in his eyes he wanted to say something to stop this but didn't know what he didn't want to end up in the barn alongside of Bo that wouldn't do Bo any good. Luke watches Bo make the walk to the barn feeling lower than a snake's belly he'd promised Bo to support him when talkin to Uncle Jesse but he'd just sat there too intimidated himself to tangle with Jesse.

Once Bo had made it safely to the barn Luke angrily got to his feet kicking the woodchopping block before going inside slamming the kitchen door hard enough to rattle the glass in it.

B.L. looks up at Daisy as the door slams they had retreated to Daisy's room after finishing the chores staying clear of what was going on outside.

Daisy looked worridly back at B.L and immidiatly bolted from her sitting position on the bed to the lounge, seeing an angry and obviously very upset Luke. She hesitantly walked forward and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"L....Luke? Sugar what's.....what's happened?"

Bo finally made it to the barn, turning as he heard the loud slam of the door to the farm house. He breathed a deep breath in and let it out in a sigh, stepping inside the barn.

B.L. had been sitting in Daisy's vanity chair facing the bed. When the door slams and Daisy bolts from the bed it takes less than a split second for B.L. to be hot on her heels tipping the chair over,coming to a skidding halt upon seeing Luke's expression.

Luke gulps eyes brimming with tears that he stubbornly tries to keep at bay, but isn't quite able to steady his voice.

"D.....Daisy Uncle Jesse's gonna switch him. I promised to be supportive and all I did was sit there too scared of crossin Uncle Jesse and getting his wrath myself ta say anythin'. I couldn't even read his thinkin he just looked at me and said *thanks alot for my support* before goin on to the barn and that's when I came in here."

By the time Luke has finished his explanation B.L.'s hand has flew to her mouth shocked.

Jesse looks over to the door as Bo comes inside.

Wrapping his arms around Daisy Luke sniffs although still not letting the tears fall.

"But Dais I had him convinced that it wouldn't go this far if he just stayed calm and explained what he was feelin. He did real good too and then things went bad. I just sat there shakin in ma boots"

B.L. comes to stand at Daisy's shoulder adding her own words of wisdom

"Luke any man or woman that don't shake in their boots when Jesse Duke's temper is directed at them is just a half bubble off plum they gotta be."

Luke stands straight looking at the two young ladies before him and smiles at their attempts to make him feel better although it didn't help much.

Jesse watches Bo for a full minute before going over to the door and assissting him further the boy looks ready to collapse and that makes Jesse's decision to follow through all the harder.

Wrapping his arms around Daisy Luke sniffs although still not letting the tears fall.

"But Dais I had him convinced that it wouldn't go this far if he just stayed calm and explained what he was feelin. He did real good too and then things went bad. I just sat there shakin in ma boots"

B.L. comes to stand at Daisy's shoulder adding her own words of wisdom

"Luke any man or woman that don't shake in their boots when Jesse Duke's temper is directed at them is just a half bubble off plum they gotta be."

Luke stands straight looking at the two young ladies before him and smiles at their attempts to make him feel better although it didn't help much.

Jesse watches Bo for a full minute before going over to the door and assissting him further the boy looks ready to collapse and that makes Jesse's decision to follow through all the harder.

Luke looked up and out the window at Daisy's nudge spotting Jesse walking across the yard.

"I'm gonna go check on Bo that is if he'll talk to me"

Not waiting for either Daisy or B.L. to say anything Luke darts out the door meeting Jesse halfway.

"Uncle Jesse where's Bo?"

Jesse points over his shoulder back at the barn. Answering Luke he continues on toward his pickup leaving as Luke reaches the barn.

"I got a few errands to run in town I'll be back before supper"

At the barn Luke takes a deep breath before walking inside and looking around only to find there's no Bo in sight,remembering they all used to find refuge in the loft when in trouble Luke climbs the ladder quietly slightly shocked to see Bo lying on his stomach looking out the doors. Climbing the rest of the way up Luke goes and sits down in the opening one leg dangling over the edge while the other is pulled up knee to his chest and his arms wrapped around it.

"You ok Bo?"

Luke glances breifly at Bo before turning back to look out over the view. Not asking the one question he's really wanting an answer to,Jesse's leaving after coming from the barn has him puzzled as just to how things went but he isn't going to pry if Bo wants him to know what happened he'll tell in his own time.

"Didja get things straightened out?

Bo flopped back in the hay, running his hands over his face wearily.

"In a way....I have a pounding headache now though..."

He rolled back onto his front, favouring that way because he could rest his head in the soft comfort of his arms, gently rubbing his temple to try and fight off the violent headache, even though is hurt his bruised chest.