Double Duke Trouble

BoJamesDuke

Daisy smiled at B.L and tilted her head towards the door, showing her she was listening to Bo and Luke, moving over slightly so she could see.

Bo sighed and looked back to Luke, a confused look in his own eyes.

"But Luke that's just it....I can't stop myself blowin' off at people and resisitin what they's tellin' me...there's somethin' inside a me that just...just takes over and it don't matter who it is....it just happens! What if Uncle Jesse does decide to switch me and tell me.....to go out to the barn and I say No? What if....what if he throws me out Luke...."

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B.L. peeps in the door then makes herself comfortable next to Daisy returning the smile.

Luke sighs he wishes he had the answers to all these questions and that he could just take away all that had happened and everything would be normal again.

"Bo ya just gonna hafta try really hard not to resist at least not Uncle Jesse. Me n Daisy can cope with it but ya just askin for trouble if ya cross Uncle Jesse and deep down you's know that. Whaddya mean throw ya out? Like kickin ya outta the house to find somewhere else ta live...that won't happen Uncle Jesse wouldn't do that" at least Luke hopes not "Now he might drag ya out to the barn if ya tell him no but if you's got one ounce of brains you won't do that."

Bo sighed,defeated. Luke didn't understand, he didn't think he would. No matter how hard he tried he couldn't stop it....he just prayed that when the time came to have it out with Uncle Jesse that he managed to keep his emotions under control.

"Yeah...sure Luke...."

Daisy bit her bottom lip gently. She knew that Uncle Jesse was planning on giving Bo a switching...at least he had been yesterday. But would he go that far as to throw him out of the house? After all that had happened Daisy couldn't see him doing it...but then again when Jesse was in a rage she wasn't quite sure what he was capable of. She looked worridly over to B.L, saying nothing.

Luke stands back up the dishes aren't going to do themselves but before stepping back over to the sink he lays a hand on Bo's shoulder

"Don't worry Bo I'll be there and do my best to keep ya from goin too far. Maybe Uncle Jesse was just overly tired yesterday and he'll be more willin to listen today. I promise ya I won't let Jesse toss ya out although I doubt he'd do it anyway."

B.L. looks back at Daisy reassuringly at Luke's promise to Bo to stand by him and face Uncle Jesse. She herself doesn't think he'd actually throw Bo out but the switching is a whole different matter. Without saying anything she hopes Daisy can see her own willingness to stand by Bo with Luke against Uncle Jesse he can't fight them all she hopes anyway.

Daisy nodded and smiled thankfully at B.l, gesturing that they had better get back to the chores before Uncle Jesse came round and gave them a switching.

Bo reached up with one hand to grasp Luke's while it rested on his shoulder, leaning his cheek on it in thanks before turning round in the seat and using the table and back of the chair to help him stand up.

"I'll help ya with the dishes."

B.L. returns the smile easing off the porch and heading back to work on the rest of the chores.

Luke pats Bo's shoulder before gently pushing him back down in the chair giving him a no nonsense look knowing Bo will most likely protest but if he doesn't issue an order once in a while he starts to feel out of control of things.

"Oh yes you'll help alright but your gonna do it here at the table I wash you dry"

Handing Bo a dishtowel before turning back to the sink and washing a plate then handing it to Bo.

Bo sighed as he was forced to sit back down, fully intent on yelling at Luke. But he fights it back down, he knew Luke said he could handle it but Bo knew that it hurt him everytime it happened. So, as he waited for Luke to pass him a plate to dry, he stared at a blank spot on the wall, keeping his mind focused on everything but what had just happened.

He took the plate and carefully dried it, automatically nearly standing up to put it away. But he quickly realised his mistake and stacked the plate on the end of the table, not moving from his seat, waiting for the next plate.

Luke smiled as Bo stood to put the plate away then sat back down again. He hopes to be able to curb Bo's desires to fight back at every order gently without starting any fights the last thing he wanted to do was fight with Bo anymore.

Continuing to wash the dishes the kitchen so silent you could hear a pin drop. Finishing the last dish Luke decides to relent a little moving about will keep Bo from getting stiff. Starting to tell Bo to put the dishes away Luke stops reforming his words into a request instead of them seeming like an order in hopes that doing so will lessen Bo's temptations to argue and fight back.

"Alright Bo help me put the dishes away before ya bust from havin to sit still please."

Bo grinned and pushed himself gently to his feet, picking up half of the stack of plates, realising thats all he could probably manage and starts to put them away gently, resting them on the side and doing them one by one, not having the strength to lift them all onto the pile in the cupboard at once.

Luke watches Bo from the corner of his eye as he puts away the skillets and various other pots and pans. Once Bo's finished Luke looks over with an almost jittery anticipation he's already tired of being cooped up inside and is wondering if Bo feels the same.

"Wanna go see what the girls is upto I can't stand it another minute in here."

Luke laughs opening the door waving Bo out first

"I figured you'd feel that way"

As the Luke is closing the door behind himself and Bo, B.L. comes around the corner of the house neither of the boys noticing her.

"Staging a jailbreak already Luke?"

Luke jumps at the sound of the feminine voice turning to glare at B.L. who is grinning like a cheshire cat.

"No just gettin some fresh air"

Seeing Bo's reaction the cheshire cat grin is replaced on B.L.'s face with an apologetic look.

"Sorry Bo.....Ya best not let Uncle Jesse hear you takin the lord's name in vain like that or he'll wash your mouth out with soap and switch ya."

Luke grimaces behind Bo knowing that she's right,looking around the yard not seeing the man mentioned asks

"Uh where is Uncle Jesse anyway"

B.L. takes a good look around the yard herself before shrugging

"Not sure but he's around here somewhere."

Luke and B.L. both scan the yard again just to make sure that Uncle Jesse was indeed nowhere to be seen. Just as Luke is about to try and persuade Bo to sit down for a spell at the picnic table Jesse comes from inside the corn crib seeing the three standing by the door he joins them not giving a hint as to what his current mood might be of the day before's happenings.

"Mornin boys.....How ya feelin Bo?"

Luke slowly releases the breath he'd been holding when he saw Jesse approaching them

"Mornin Uncle Jesse"

Jesse smiles as he sends up a silent prayer of thanks for Bo's continued speedy recovery

"That's good ta hear son......I think we'd best have us a talk about a few things."

At Jesse's words B.L. goes in search of Daisy not wanting to be anywhere around for this.

Luke closes his eyes hoping Bo will try as hard as he can to hold his temper.

"Well let's just set down here at the picnic table and say what we mean and mean what we say get everything settled."

Jesse looks to Luke about to tell him he'd like to speak with Bo alone but seeing the look in the young man's eyes, he decides against it knowing things will probably go better anyway if Luke is there to keep them both calm and that Luke himself will feel better it's written all over his face everytime he looks at Bo that he's not ready to be too far from him yet for any length of time.

Bo nodded and held out his arm for Luke, so that his older cousin could gently support him although he knew that Luke wouldn't help any more than Bo wanted him to.

Eventually they reached the picnic table and Bo lowered himself gently onto the seat and leaned against the table, elbows up behind him resing on it, looking down at his lap, waiting for his Uncle to talk first.

Luke sits beside Bo mirroring his cousin's posture only he's looking at Uncle Jesse expectantly.

Jesse draws in a deep breath letting it out slowly before speaking determined to keep his own temper in check.

"Bo what I want to know is what got into you yesterday at the hospital. Just explain it to me ya ain't never defied me like that before in ya life."

Luke sits beside Bo mirroring his cousin's posture only he's looking at Uncle Jesse expectantly.

Jesse draws in a deep breath letting it out slowly before speaking determined to keep his own temper in check.

"Bo what I want to know is what got into you yesterday at the hospital. Just explain it to me ya ain't never defied me like that before in ya life."

Bo sighed and fought hard to keep his temper in check as Uncle Jesse told him what to do.

"I....I don't know Uncle Jesse....it's hard to explain....."

He felt himself calming and carried on.

"When someone orders me to do somethin'....that i don't wanna do....somethin' insida me just.....just snaps and....I just get angry and defiant."

Jesse nods thoughtfully at least Bo's talking to him without flying off the handle. He really doesn't want to spend all their time fighting a battle of wills. Getting down to Bo's level to look him in the eye Jesse puts a caring hand on Bo's knee

"Ok.....can you think of a way that we's can avoid ya feelin that way and me being angry cos ya defied me? I don't wanna have them kinda scenes like in the hospital all the time and I'm pretty sure you don't either so how can we stop them but I still expect ya to mind me like."

Luke listenes carefully glad Uncle Jesse seems to be understanding that it's the trauma of everything that has Bo not being himself and triggering the defiance and anger. But at Jesse's statement that he expects Bo to mind him still Luke stretches out his arm behind Bo laying what he hopes is a calming hand on his back just to assure Bo that he's there to support him.