Double Duke Trouble

BoJamesDuke

Follows Daisy back through the house to throw the towel in the wash with the others.

"Will do, don't think they'll be up for a bit yet. I'll be out in a few minutes"

B.L. goes back to the bathroom to take her shower. Ten minutes later as she's coming out of the bathroom with a towel covering her head hanging in her face she nearly collides with Luke,removing the towel looking up at him smiling

"Morning sleepyhead,breakfast's in the oven if ya want it. Me 'n Daisy are doin the chores for ya so the dishes are yours"

Tossing the towel in her hands at Luke's head as she continues on her way to help Daisy,only making it three steps before Luke winds up the towel popping her a crack resounding in the hall. Clamping a hand over her own mouth remembering just in time that Bo's still asleep B.L. turns back to glare at a smirking Luke.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daisy laughed but signalled to B.L to keep quiet. Bo needed to sleep and if he knew that there was fun going on without him he would be up like a shot. Grabbing another towel, she quickly wound it up and popped it on Luke's bare side, having learnt from Bo how to do it having got fed up with Luke doing it to her all the time.

"Now you behave yerself Luke. Come on B.L let's get movin'."

She threw the towel doen on the side and went out the back door, grinning to herself.

B.L. grins over her shoulder at Luke seeing him going into the bathroom rubbing his side where Daisy popped him as she follows Daisy outside. As Luke closes the bathroom door he grumbles

"That girl's got a mean streak a mile wide"

Going out the backdoor B.L. snags the pail of chicken feed grinning as a thought crosses her mind she voices her question to Daisy

"How long you think it'll take the boys before they get tired of being inside? And before Luke gets tired of taking it easy and doing the housework instead of the heavier chores."

B.L. frowns as she goes about some of the other chores

"Yeah.....I'm in no particular hurry to rile Uncle Jesse personally"

Luke heads to the kitchen,stomach grumbling. Taking one of the plates out of the oven and pouring a cup of coffee Luke sits down eating the first home meal idly thinking it's the best meal he's ever had.

Daisy shook her head.

"I just keep thinkin' about what he's plannin' ta do to Bo...I mean he won't really...will he? I know him as well as the boys do, and I know back then we would have got a switchin' fer that....but Bo's a grown man....he's....well he ain't well and personally I could see where he was comin' from....now that I think about it..."

B.L. shrugs her shoulders holding her hands out in a helpless don't know gesture

"Daisy I ain't got a clue what Uncle Jesse'll do.....I just really don't but I wish I did. I hope Uncle Jesse'll just leave it at a lecture but he was pretty mad and he's still not in too good a mood this mornin. Maybe Bo can talk his way out of it I sure hope so."

She sighed, nodding as she got down to the chores.

"I know you don't know B.L...none of us do...I'm not even sure Jesse knows himself....but somehow I don't think Bo tryin' ta talk his way out of it is gonna do too much good..."

Bo stirred again as he slowly realised he could no longer hear his cousin's breathing. He woke up and looked over to Luke's bed, and upon seeing it empty, silently cursed as he realised that he'd probably be missing doing the chores. He slid gently out of bed, hissing as a dull pain throbbed at his chest. He looked down as he rubbed it and realised that it was covered with a heck of a bruise. Shaking his head he pulled on his shirt and buttoned it up, before pulling his jeans on. It took a lot longer than usual because he did have to keep stopping and taking calming breaths to soothe his frustration, but he got there eventually, finally sliding his boots on.

He made his way down the hallway, using the wall for support as he still felt a bit shaky on his legs.

B.L. lets out a sigh of her own shaking her head as she concentrates on the chores just not knowing what the morning will bring.

Luke hears a faint noise his first thought being it's Bo trying to get his attention. Springing up from his chair as he rounds the corner spotting Bo coming down the hall. Luke's first thought is to rush and help Bo but stills himself knowing how important it is to let Bo be the one to ask for help if he really needs it. So instead calls down the hall

"Ya hungry? Daisy and B.L. left breakfast in the oven for us."

"You got it cuz.....from the looks of this sink after breakfast we's got some dishes to do. You's can dry and I'll wash."

Luke hopes the mention of chores will make the day seem more like a normal day even if it is something as simple as doing the dishes which Luke knows Bo can do the drying from a chair conserving his strength."

Luke was getting Bo's breakfast out of the oven as his cousin asked the question. Sitting the plate and a glass of milk down in front of Bo,Luke reguards him with a frown before answering.

"Well I don't know why I ain't doin our regular chores unless it's cos the girls took pity on me and decided to do 'em so's I could sleep in."

Poking Bo's shoulder with a finger as he sits back down now's as good a time as any to tell Bo his thoughts from last night.

"YOU on the other hand are still sick is why you's is gettin off of chores. While we're on the subject of being sick just what in the sam hill was you thinking last night when ya jumped? Ya coulda been killed or least of all hurt seriously,ain't you been hurtin enough? Ain't this family worried enough in the last week? That was by far the dumbest thing ya've ever done. If Uncle Jesse wasn't already after a piece of your hide I'd be sorely tempted to switch you myself after that fool stunt, ya dang near scared me into heart failure."

Luke pauses to catch his breath waiting for Bo's explanation

Bo, who had been drinking some milk at the time that Luke poked him sharply in the shoulder, was caught off guard by the sudden rant. He gently set the milk glass back on the table and swallowed his mouthful slowly, partly because he was thinking of what he should tell Luke and partly because it would still hurt to swallow it all in one go.

"Well....I dunno it just...sorta....happened. I guess I'm so used to doin' stuff lika that....that when the adrenaline kicked in I just acted on instinct. I didn't really think about it till afterward....and this mornin'. I'm real sorry Luke I never meant ta scare you like that."

Luke folds his arms across his chest not at all pleased with the explanation. Blue eyes piercing Bo with an angry stare everytime he thinks of Bo's actions it scares him all over again. In a barely controlled harsh voice he repeats some of Bo's explanation still ranting.

"It just sorta happened....you didn't think dang right you didn't think or ya wouldna done such a fool thing just a few hours out of the hospital....Sorry...sorry doesn't cut it Bo ya coulda been killed then what? huh? What would I do without ya by my side Bo?"

Bo swallowed the slight lump in his throat, he hated it when Luke yelled at him or made him feel like this.

"Luke I....what d'ya want me ta do Luke...."

But suddenly the feeling that he was being controlled again sprang up and his plea suddenly turned into an attack of his own.

"Actually....why should I be apologisin'? You woulda done the same thing Lukas Duke....what right have you got ta tell me of fer doing it?"

Luke is completely stunned at how fast the plea turned into an attack. Not about to back down from this he's got to make Bo understand. Doing his best to stay calm and not yell as he tells Bo what's in his heart.

" Ya died Bo for a breif few minutes ya died. Do you know how we felt as we seen that crash cart coming down the hall? No ya don't cos ya ain't never been in that situation my insides tied up in knots and my legs felt like jelly I'd lost ya my best friend my brother and you were gone in the blink of an eye. When I saw ya leap outta that window and land on that truck I thought for sure the impact woulda killed ya only this time there was no doctor,no nurses no nothin to bring ya back. Look I know them guys controlin by threatnin the family's lives scared ya good but Bo ya can't keep doing crazy things and blowin up just ta prove ya got control of your life again."

Bo ran his hand though his hair before slamming it on the table in front of him.

"Don't ya think I know that Luke?! I don't need ta be reminded that I died, the slight paddle burns on my chest....remind me o'that thanks. And for your information, I didn't make that jump last night cause I wanted....ta prove that I's was back to normal, dang I know i ain't.....I guess I did it 'cause it was the only thing I could a done. If I hadn't, you'd have gone after 'em, but the rate they's was goin' they never woulda stopped if you pulled out in front of 'em....my only thought was on sparin' Uncle Jesse the pain of losin' both of us....cause we woulda died Luke.....if they hit us we woulda died....I couldn't do that ta him..."

He stopped for a moment to catch his breath and let what he had said sink in to Luke before continuing.

"I thought that...if it was my time to go....then this would be it....doin' what I love and do best....protectin' my family and runnin' on a wild adventure with my cousin.....my brother....kinda like a leap o'faith...."

Luke jumps slightly as Bo slams his hand on the table not expecting it. As Bo stops talking Luke runs the words over and over in his head finally nodding understanding and acceptance. Bo's been in the hospital for a week and Luke figures it's past time to put aside the worry and just let Bo return to as normal as he can be while he heals completely. Sighing Luke looks at Bo

"Ok Bo I getcha so I'm lettin it go just keep a low profile till ya well." *grins* "No leapin off the barn or nothin."

Luke stands gathering their dishes adding them to the sink with the others and filling it before starting to wash the dishes. Not having seen Uncle Jesse since he woke up Luke hopes he's in the frame of mind to listen this morning knowing Bo still needs to talk to their Uncle and he himself promised to be there and support his cousin.

Daisy had heard the slam of Bo's hand on the old table as she walked past the kitchen window, and thanks to Bo's raised voice, only had to hunch on the porch by the door to hear what was being said. Tears welled in her eyes as she heard what Bo was sayin and when she heard Luke's acceptance. Things were turning back to normal.

Bo sighed and put his head in his hands.

"God Luke....what's happenin' to me....I don't like resistin' everyone like this...I'm scared Luke..."

B.L. walks from the barn seeing Daisy hunched on the porch she quickly crossed the yard coming up behind Daisy whispering in her ear.

"What are you doin?"

Luke drys his hands then sits back down at the table looking Bo square in the eye.

"They ain't nothin happenin to ya and they ain't nothin gonna happen if I can help it. You's just out of sorts is all *winking* try and remember to curb that Duke temper before ya blow up at somebody though *turning serious again* Bo we ain't the enemy we's tellin you not to do things for your own good just try and remember that before ya start resistin we ain't them guys that was tryin to keep ya quiet. They can't hurt nobody nomore so ya don't hafta worry ya keep sayin ya wanna get back to normal well then do it I ain't sayin let people run over ya but don't push those that love ya and want what's best away."