Mark Wills video "19 somethin' "

Capt_Redneck

I just saw the video on CMT from Mark Wills - 19 Somethin'. He drives up in the General Lee . The band is at a drive-in and behind them is the General Lee and black trans am - Bandit's T/A . Great song about growing up in the 70's as a kid and then a teen in the 80's. That is my generation in the song, kid in the 70's, teen in 80's...Can't say enough about it...It might an old song, but that was the first time I saw the video..

Darrell

I LOVE that song!!! I grew up right in the 70's and early 80's . . . and when he sings that line about "My first love was Daisy Duke! . . . . in cutoff jeans." I almost died laughing. That's a great song.

OH and The Dukes are also mentioned in Dierks Bentley's song "What Was I Thinkin'." He sings, "We ran outside hood slidin' like Bo Duke . . . "

I had the pleasure of meeting Dierks at a concert this year, and when I asked him about that line, he said he put it in cos he's a big fan of the show.

Cool, huh? 8)

I like both those songs - but prefer Marks song 19 something. That is one fantastic song. Too bad I was only born in 1977. I know that I missed out on alot back then. Now it seems like I am stuck in the 1980's genre. Love Knight Rider - and the A-Team, and the Dukes, Magnum P.I., just to name a few. But I love the theme song to Dukes most of all!!!!!

hello all!

I also love that Mark Wills song, 19 something. It is a good song that I can relate to. Maybe it was because I grew up in a small hick town like Hazzard when I was little! lol

I am also in y'alls generation too. I was born in 1972. I can remember watching the Dukes for the 1st time when I was 7 years old back in 1979.

Dukes was my favorite TV show at the time, and Scooby Doo was my favorite cartoon! LOL :lol:

Take Care & Have a Great Day!

Vicki

I was born in 1970, loved Smokey &The Bandit(still do) Star Wars(what kid didn't)..Listened to KISS til the make -up came off, then got into NewWave/Punk for high school. Watched the Dukes, BJ & The Bear, Sheriff Lobo, Knight Rider , A -Team til TV wasn't cool anymore....

Here on Long Island in the 70's and early 80's , it was a bit more open out here. More farmland, open areas , drive-ins, before it got over developed and too congested.

I was born in '81 so it may not have been my favorite movie while growing up, but the first smokey and the Bandit is my all time favorite movie ...and has been for a long while. I remember watching the Dukes when I was younger before it was taken off the air completely...which was what brought me back to the Dukes when it came back on the air. Which is currently still my all time favorite TV show.

Believe it or not my all time fav movie is Smokey and the Bandit as well. That is one movie that I could watch time and time again without getting bored of it. Now I am just waiting for it to come out on Dvd - that is if it isn't already. Some time next week the copy of Dukes that I ordered from my local c.d store should come in and then I will be having alot more fun. I can't wait to start watching it. :)

Thanks for the info - I'll get one of my friends to get it for me seeing as I don't have a credit card and don't want my personal info going out over the web. Too many creeps out there who like to use other peoples i.d's to get stuff for themselves. Best just get one of my friends to get it for me then get it from them. :wink: