TV Movie Instead?

NDNoutlaw

Being new to this board, I'm not sure how much of my opinion I should put forth, but . . . it seems to me like this movie is just another attempt to cash in on 80's nostalgia. I'm a bit of a purist though, and it seems to me like the producers and creators of The Dukes would endear themselves to us more if they made another original tv movie. It would probably go over better than a big screen version with actors we've never heard of or heard of in passing. (IE Jessica Simpson)

Wouldn't you rather see John, Tom, Jimmy and Sonny in another movie than see other people play them? Granted, the last two movies were pretty poorly scripted, but they were basically good fun and I for one would rather see a well written tv movie than go to the movies and see other people play the characters that I've loved for over 20 years. It just won't be the same without them, and this is one Dukes fan you won't see standing in line at the box office. 8)

It would have been great to see a third made-for-tv Dukes movie with the original cast. I have a feelin' that it won't happen, tho'. I'd loved to be proved wrong, but....I don't think it's in the cards.

And of all the reasons why, it could be as simple as the fact Denver Pyle ain't around to be a part of it. Perhaps the cast wanted it left that way; the last show included him, and in this sense, the Duke family was together till the end.

This sentiment could also explain why the original cast, for the most part, is not jumping up and down to be in the new movie. With someone else filling in the roles for Boss and Uncle Jesse, everything changes.

I'm still hoping the new movie at least has cameos of the original cast. And yeah, I'm gonna go see it. I want to see the faces of the kids in the audience when that orange Charger takes to the air. I want to see if the General Lee can still be the General, even without the confederate flag on the roof, even without the Dixie horn...(I'm sure the horn is politically incorrect and will be the next thing to go.)

And you know what, when I go see the movie, I'll be wearin' a t-shirt with a big ol' rebel flag on the front and back. Let them @#%* censor THAT.

Brian,

While I certainly wouldn't like to see other people playing Jesse and Boss, the second tv Movie "Hazzard in Hollywood" still worked without Jesse's and Boss's presence. I think if scripted properly, a third tv movie would still be better than a big screen, washed-out version of our beloved Dukes. A General Lee with no flag? How is that a General at all? Granted, the flag didn't make The General what it was, but it was still a big part of his image! Hollywood is so concerned about being PC that it's going to wring out all of the original flavor of the show. What's going to be left, I think, is a pale movie parody of The Dukes that's going to go to video a week after it opens.

And while it would be great to see a new generation of Dukes fans, I think they'd be better off watching the DVDs to see Gy Waldron's true vision of the show. The original is always the best.

I say these words not to cause a stir or to be combatative, but how many good tv shows have been taken by Hollwood and turned into awful 'big screen' disasters? I would so hate to see that happen to The Dukes. I hope I'm proven wrong in the end, but I have a bad feeling about what they're going to Bo and Luke.

Guess I'm just a purist, LOL. Oh well, I guess we'll see when the movie comes out.

Brian,

While I certainly wouldn't like to see other people playing Jesse and Boss, the second tv Movie "Hazzard in Hollywood" still worked without Jesse's and Boss's presence. I think if scripted properly, a third tv movie would still be better than a big screen, washed-out version of our beloved Dukes. A General Lee with no flag? How is that a General at all? Granted, the flag didn't make The General what it was, but it was still a big part of his image! Hollywood is so concerned about being PC that it's going to wring out all of the original flavor of the show. What's going to be left, I think, is a pale movie parody of The Dukes that's going to go to video a week after it opens.

And while it would be great to see a new generation of Dukes fans, I think they'd be better off watching the DVDs to see Gy Waldron's true vision of the show. The original is always the best.

I say these words not to cause a stir or to be combatative, but how many good tv shows have been taken by Hollwood and turned into awful 'big screen' disasters? I would so hate to see that happen to The Dukes. I hope I'm proven wrong in the end, but I have a bad feeling about what they're going to Bo and Luke.

Guess I'm just a purist, LOL. Oh well, I guess we'll see when the movie comes out.

I'm with you. I think its a disaster. It could be done, and it could be done justice, but in this day and age that is not going to happen. A Modern take wouldn't be bad if you had the right take on it. The take on it, simply ain't right. I will NOT be going to see it. I will be there though. With a few good friends, and alot of protest signs. If I am lucky it'll make the paper, and other people will start doing the same, and it will give Hollywood a sour taste in their mouth.

The only thing that will give hollywood a sour mouth is when they lose money. That hardly ever happends. I loved the dukes show and the first made for t.v. movie but haven't seen the secound one. Once I can get a copy of the first made for t.v. movie on dvd then I will be a little bit more happy - until then I will just have to settle for the dvd set of the first season when I get it.

I don't want our beloved Bo and Luke made fun of or worse for Tom and Jonn's Sake I would suggest that it don't get made cause Tom is worried that when it does come out that he will get made fun of and that it will be a parody of Dukes and of him cause if they make fun of Luke their making fun of him and etc . But all in all it is a nice idea but i would like it better if it was a tv movie instead .

I would still like to see a Dukes movie - not a made for t.v. movie - however - I do not want it to be anything like the Starsky and Hutch movie. Make it like they made the show. Just curious about something - anyone here like Knight Rider or A-Team? I know that it's a little off topic but just being curious. But back to the subject at hand - If they do make a Dukes movie - don't make it a commidy - that just wouldn't do the show any justice.