Coy and Vance's Departure From The Cartoon Dukes Series

Skipper Duke

Byron Cherry(Coy Duke) and Christopher Mayer(Vance Duke) mysterious disappearance on this animated series when Tom Wopat (Luke Duke) and John Schneider(Bo Duke) return. Any of y'all out there on HazzardNet with yer ears on have any theories as to why the departure is not explained like it was in the live action series? Had to vent. This is something about the cartoon that bugs me.

You do pose a good question here Skipper. When the show originally aired I never even thought about it. I wonder how many people did. They really should have addressed the issue. I suspect they just figured it was a kid's show and didn't need to. I was only a 24 year old kid at heart and I never thought about it at the time....not that I remember at least. 

1 hour ago, RogerDuke said:

You do pose a good question here Skipper. When the show originally aired I never even thought about it. I wonder how many people did. They really should have addressed the issue. I suspect they just figured it was a kid's show and didn't need to. I was only a 24 year old kid at heart and I never thought about it at the time....not that I remember at least. 

Yep Cousin Roger. It is a good point? :)

it was a kid's show and didn't need to.   

I think this is it! I remember a little boy at church who watched the  regular show every week ( about 3 yrs. old) and he loved it. When they put in the replacements, I asked his mom how he liked them and she said softly...." I really don't think he even noticed they're different."  It makes sense. Everything else was the same and they even wore Bo N Luke's clothes!  

On 9/21/2023 at 8:00 PM, Hobie Hartkins said:

it was a kid's show and didn't need to.   

I think this is it! I remember a little boy at church who watched the  regular show every week ( about 3 yrs. old) and he loved it. When they put in the replacements, I asked his mom how he liked them and she said softly...." I really don't think he even noticed they're different."  It makes sense. Everything else was the same and they even wore Bo N Luke's clothes!  

That's a good point. Kids didn't really care....and us adults just figured Bo and Luke just came back from racing.....even though they didn't come back to Hazzard because the General wasn't even in America.