Bobby Lee Hagg's car in Moonrunners and Dempsey & gang's car in Mason Dixon's Girls

13 hours ago, Skipper Duke said:

Is that sedan the marijuana gang drives the same car as Bobby Lee in Moonrunners?

Cousin Skipper Duke, I believe it is! A 1971 Plymouth Fury.

Outside of The General, I'd love to have a 71' Plymouth Fury and a 71' Ford Custom 500/L.T.D 

In my mind, those are the classic "Moonrunning / Bootlegging" cars of the 70s. The Plymouth is obvious because of Moonrunners, and the 71 Ford because of Uncle Jesse's "Sweet Tilly" and it's the same car as Gator's in White Lightning. 

I can see myself now, dressed in 70s country attire, behind the wheel of one them beauty's with the trunk loaded down in "water" C.B tuned in, and the throttle pegged to the floorboard on a back road haha.

14 minutes ago, MoonRunner-01 said:

Outside of The General, I'd love to have a 71' Plymouth Fury and a 71' Ford Custom 500/L.T.D 

In my mind, those are the classic "Moonrunning / Bootlegging" cars of the 70s. The Plymouth is obvious because of Moonrunners, and the 71 Ford because of Uncle Jesse's "Sweet Tilly" and it's the same car as Gator's in White Lightning. 

I can see myself now, dressed in 70s country attire, behind the wheel of one them beauty's with the trunk loaded down in "water" C.B tuned in, and the throttle pegged to the floorboard on a back road haha.

Cousin MoonRunner-01! :)

15 minutes ago, MoonRunner-01 said:

Cousin MoonRunner-01... Zeebo drives the '71 too. :)

7 hours ago, MoonRunner-01 said:

Shhh! Quiet everybody! I hear something off a distance. Is it? Is it? Yes it is! A siren! 

17 minutes ago, MoonRunner-01 said:

I watched Moonshine County Express last night and Dempsey was also in that movie, and as usual he's playing a bad guy haha. 

I reckon the only time I've ever seen him play a good guy was in The Walton's. 

Cousin MoonRunner-01... Wow! Morgan Woodward was in The Waltons?

20 hours ago, Skipper Duke said:

Cousin MoonRunner-01... Wow! Morgan Woodward was in The Waltons?

He was indeed, he was in one of the earlier seasons of The Walton's. He was kin to the Walton's some how or another. And he was a moonshiner. I think his name was Boone. Long story short. That set of Walton's "Boone's side" is about to get kicked off their land and there is a big police line on one side, and the whole Walton klan on the other. And John Boy gets shot in that episode

On 7/13/2023 at 11:06 PM, RogerDuke said:

Oh my goodness I love that line. I love it anytime they talked about the old moonshining days. 

That makes two of us! I reckon that's why I just love watching the beginning of the episode "Days of Shine and Roses" and the episode "Bad day in Hazzard" when Uncle Jesse is telling the boys and Daisy about back in the old days him and Boss escaped the revenuers from a tunnel under the Boars Nest

3 hours ago, MoonRunner-01 said:

That makes two of us! I reckon that's why I just love watching the beginning of the episode "Days of Shine and Roses" and the episode "Bad day in Hazzard" when Uncle Jesse is telling the boys and Daisy about back in the old days him and Boss escaped the revenuers from a tunnel under the Boars Nest

And I loved when Hard Luck and Jesse talked about it on Follow That Still.