HAZZARD HATE LIST:MOST ANNOYING CHARACTERS ON DOH

Greetings from Hazzard Tn.

In this post, I want to know which characters annoyed the living crap out of you? These are characters that when they talk or even appear on camera, you just want to b*#! slap them.

I know many of you will say Coy and Vance, but how about others, supportive players, one time characters? etc?

My two votes go for characters in Boss and Rosco's family.

Mama Coltrane!! Now while I consider Lucille Benson a fine actress, ( I liked her as thE snake lady in Duel) But I couldn't stand her as Rosco's mama. With a mother like that, no wonder Rosco never dated. She drove them all away!!!!!!

The other most annoying character to me was Rosco or Lulu's cousin or aunt Hortense. Oh Geeze!!!! I would absolutely hate to have her in my family. I liked Frances Bay much better as Fonzie's hard of hearing grandma on Happy Days.

Finally, the nervous official at the Lulu Hogg Horse Races that kept reminding everybody that Manassas had better not be late.

And from the reunion movies, I hated Bubba and Bertha Jo and Mama Maxx's main flunky with the weird laugh in Reunion in Hazzard, and I really hated Patch, BB Bascum, and the Russian Guy from Hazzard in Hollywood.

Well, that's my Hazzard Hate List

Cheers.

Will Rodgers

The Voice Man

Hi Julie Duke

Mama Coltrane, (Lucille Benson) appeared only one time on the show. Mama Coltrane appeared on "Mrs. Rosco P. Coltrane" a third season episode in the fall of 1980. The episode where Rosco is conned into marrying a female con artist he meets through a computer dating service unaware that she is already married and that her real husband and his partner plan to rob the bank while everyone is at the wedding.

This is the episode where we learn the P. in Rosco's middle name is Pervis. This episode will be part of the third seaosn DVD due to come out soon.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Will

"I still say you ain't ready!"

Mama Coltrane at and during Rosco's wedding.

• 2 weeks later...
Uncle Jessie annoys the heck outta me sometimes(yeah, you heard me right). With all his rules and his preaching(Carnival of Thrills a good example). Sometimes I wish he would just shut up! :D Am I alone on this one?

I think most Dukes fans have a great deal of respect for Uncle Jesse - his "preaching" as you call it, is the backbone of the family values that are at the core of the Dukes of Hazzard.

LS3

Uncle Jessie annoys the heck outta me sometimes(yeah, you heard me right). With all his rules and his preaching(Carnival of Thrills a good example). Sometimes I wish he would just shut up! :D Am I alone on this one?

I think most Dukes fans have a great deal of respect for Uncle Jesse - his "preaching" as you call it, is the backbone of the family values that are at the core of the Dukes of Hazzard.

LS3

I have to agree with LS3 on this one. I liked how they portrayed Uncle Jesse. Heck if Uncle Jesse wasn’t around to preach to Bo & Luke those two boys would be a mess.

In the earliest episodes, the writers hadn't as yet developed the characters of more honorable Dukes.

1)***in Luke's Love Story the annoying character was Luke Duke.

Though I have a bad case of hero-worship for Luke, and though I tell my husband that Luke is the world's second sexiest man,

in that episode,

he acted like such a big jerk to Amy Creevy. She should have slugged him harder.

2)***in Mary Kaye's Baby the annoying characters were Mary Kaye and all the Dukes.

They actually approved of her stealing the money and using it to raise her child. (Though admittedly it was a crook's ill-gotten gains).

To quote Jesse in a later episode, "Two wrongs don't make a right."

Then, if it had been a later episode, Jesse would have told her that raising her son on a foundation of theft, dishonesty, and deceit was a terrible legacy for that child.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a problem with Jeb Stuart Duke in "Along Came A Duke". I can't really explain it he just annoyed me. And I was truely upset with Luke when he called him his favorite boy cousin... or was it his favorite blonde cousin... either way BAH. And when he was driving Daisy's jeep in a getaway... thank God it wasn't the General or I would have been even more upset.

Also Diane in "Carnival of Thrills" but I don't think I need to explain that one.

Sway4829 wrote:

I had a problem with Jeb Stuart Duke in "Along Came A Duke". I can't really explain it he just annoyed me. And I was truely upset with Luke when he called him his favorite boy cousin... or was it his favorite blonde cousin... either way BAH. And when he was driving Daisy's jeep in a getaway... thank God it wasn't the General or I would have been even more upset.

Also Diane in "Carnival of Thrills" but I don't think I need to explain that one.

I agree completely but honestly Jeb i think is what Bo would have been if Uncle Jesse wasn't there. You know?

Anyways, i think all the characters were annoying at some point. but thats how things go. :-?

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, Cletus went on "vacation" and never came back. Think he was tired of sharing the car and the paycheck. Rick Hurst actually got another acting job.

As for most annoying characters, Amanda's overly biased opinion would be any and all of the guys that Daisy ever dated other than ENOS! She was also annoyed with Daisy in those episodes. When will that girl realize how good she has it!??

Jam agrees to some extent, with emphasis on Gaylord Duke. Man that guy was annoying. We have British relatives and hope they never see that episode. She also didn't care for the butler in Southern Cumforts (actually she finds the whole episode annoying).

We both agree with Rosco's Mama being annoying, although it does explain a lot. He should stand up for himself, poor guy. Whatever happened to his dad? Just wondering.

Actually, Cletus went on "vacation" and never came back. Think he was tired of sharing the car and the paycheck. Rick Hurst actually got another acting job.

As for most annoying characters, Amanda's overly biased opinion would be any and all of the guys that Daisy ever dated other than ENOS! She was also annoyed with Daisy in those episodes. When will that girl realize how good she has it!??

Jam agrees to some extent, with emphasis on Gaylord Duke. Man that guy was annoying. We have British relatives and hope they never see that episode. She also didn't care for the butler in Southern Cumforts (actually she finds the whole episode annoying).

We both agree with Rosco's Mama being annoying, although it does explain a lot. He should stand up for himself, poor guy. Whatever happened to his dad? Just wondering.

• 2 months later...

Gosh there has been some annoying characters on the DOH! I can't remember them all casue I try to forget them!

I really hated Jeb Stuart Duke, I don't know why, something about his hair bugs me! I just don't like the guy, he creeps me out or something!

I was also really annoyed with Luke in Lukes Love Story. I thought he was an insenstive bastard! Pardon my launguge but it's all I can say. But now I've come to realise he ain't all that bad, Bo was kinda insensitive in that ep. too. But anyways.

Cletus really annoyed me at first. But I think that was cause I was because he replaced enos

She made me mad. Really mad, cause ya kinda know Bo was gonna get hie precious little heart broke! I wanted to beat her up! And then hug Bo and tell him to forget about her!! LOL

Ya know who I forgot about. the worst character in DOH history? Hewey Hogg!!! Yuck he was such a jerk! He was even wosre than Boss. He took everything away from his Uncle! And he was always trying to get rid of the Dukes, and Cooter. Poor Cooter, he's always in trouble cause of them Dukes! :lol:

But ya I HATE HEWEY HOGG!