Everything posted by 01 GENERAL LEE 01
-
Am I seeing double here! - Or maybe triple
I had just missed that episode when I came home from work during the marathon. Saw the boys in 1 General, then Daisy in another and was like waaaaaaaaaah? Hopefully it'll come up again soon.
-
When was the General Lee Black.
Just bein' purty I imagine. A black Charger is b****in'. Hell, just watch all 3 Blade movies.
-
The General Lee
The car's fast, but remember it was just a show. They were SUPPOSED to get away every time. It also depends on the driver, not just the machine. All the HP in the world won't do jack if you can't handle it. I'd love a General too, but it's damn hard to get one of those Chargers, especially a '69. There was one sitting outside someone's house in need of restoration for many months on my route home from work, but it's disappeared. If I had the money I woulda made an offer.
-
General Lee #2
I was actually surprised myself, being that the General made #1 on another list months earlier. But yeah, I could see the Batmobile being #1.
-
The Original General Lee :(
I'd be faced with the dilemma myself. On one hand, I'd love to have General 1 restored to original glory. On the other, I like to keep things I get in the condition I get 'em. But, I still stand by my original statements; General 1 should have never been jumped. What they shoulda done was what they did in Knight Rider; have 1 main car and make the rest jump cars. Not only would it have preserved some continuity, but the REAL General would still be with us today.
-
I can't believe it took me this long to notice this!
I think they stopped putting them on when the show moved to LA.
-
You wont believe this.. a General Lee Limo?!?!
That guy should drive the Dukes stars at Dukes Fest.
-
What's in your collection?
I don't have much. I got the 3 Ertl cars loose (General, Caddy, Patrol Car) although the General hasn't faired very well over the years. I stripped him with the hopes of repaintin' him, but that hasn't happened yet. I also bought a couple years ago another set of the 3-Pack. Die-Cast General model with incorrect features. Miniature Die-Cast General model with incorrect features. Dukes of Hazzard: Racing for Home. Dukes of Hazzard II: Daisy Dukes It Out. And I know it don't really count, but I got a Hotwheels Charger just 'cause it screamed General at me. Just finally got it to shut up.
-
Ertl General Lee Question
Here's another question...couple years ago I bought th' die-cast General model set by Ertl. It's th' one that comes with a metal body proudly displayed in a clear window on top o' th' box an' comes with a screw driver to put it all together. 'Course, when I bought it couldn't see the other parts, but when I put it together (as well as it's micro counterpart) found they made it WITHOUT th' headlight covers, push bar, an' with mag wheels. Why is it so hard to have a 100% accurate General?
-
Does anybody know if they have die cast
Johnny Lightning is glorified, overpriced Hotwheels. You'd be better off finding the Ertl 3-packs.
-
What TV shows do ya'll watch now?
Everwood. Smallville. Gilmore Girls. CSI: Miami when I'm home. Without a Trace. Dukes, 'natch. Scrubs. Andromeda. Cheers. All In The Family. The Price is Right. American Chopper. Justice League Unlimited. Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends. The Daily Show. South Park. Shorties Watching Shorties.
-
KITT vs. General Lee
Depends how yer talkin'. If ya mean in their fantasy worlds, then KITT could definitely whupp th' General. It's not only indestructable, but c'n go 0-100 in seconds. Plus, he don't run out of gas. Ever. Now in the real world, if a 1969 Charger with a 404 can't beat a 1982 Trans-Am, then there's no one to blame but the driver.
-
Cars we'd like to see on the big screen
A lotta old cars, but I want newer cars thrown in so THEY could get destroyed. Much as I like seeing old cars on screen, tears me up to see them wrecked.
-
sorry for knocking the new movie to shreds !
Campy crap.
-
Tall, skinny Boss Hogg; blonde Daisy; punk-stoner Duke Boys;
If the General was gonna be anything else but the Charger like they originally planned, I was gonna boycott this movie like the plague. I'm one of the guys who just watched the show for the car.
-
hazzard night mare!
Heh I made a similar point in the "Sorry for tearing this movie to shreads" thread.
-
sorry for knocking the new movie to shreds !
I'm gonna be honest; I know the Dukes movie was gonna suck no matter what. How can I say this? Simple...name any TV show turned movie that hasn't been a total camp nightmare. Hollywood is incapable of making a decent translation. Just look at the Honeymooners, for God's sake! Total carnage. However, with the cast they have I know it's gonna suck even more. I fully intend on seeing the movie, though, because I already know it's gonna blow going in and after years of seeing the General on the small screen I can't wait to see him on the big one, being that he's the main reason I'm into the Dukes at all.