Jump to content

Boy’s Best Friend Creepy Voice?


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Skipper Duke said:

Tommy Pickles in Rugrats was really voiced by girl and all this time I thought he was a boy. Wow!

Cartoon characters can sometimes be voiced by different people/sexes/ages, etc...as they’re fake & often supposedly humorous characters to begin with. But, when it comes to real life and a real-person episode of something, if you’re going to dub someone’s voice you’d hope it’d sound halfway realistic. But, the voice they used for Boy’s Best Friend was weird & creepy...like an old lady trying to sound like a child/little boy. :blink:

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, MonacoMan said:

Cartoon characters can sometimes be voiced by different people/sexes/ages, etc...as they’re fake & often supposedly humorous characters to begin with. But, when it comes to real life and a real-person episode of something, if you’re going to dub someone’s voice you’d hope it’d sound halfway realistic. But, the voice they used for Boy’s Best Friend was weird & creepy...like an old lady trying to sound like a child/little boy. :blink:

That's true but it was a good episode though....of course I like every episode!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, MonacoMan said:

I love every episode, too (except for the alien one :crazy:). I liked Boy’s Best Friend, and the majority of the episode I enjoyed. :tup: It was just the bad voice-dubbing that I found strange. :cornfused:

The alien one is definitely not one of the better ones. I also don't like ones where the boys fight, like Doctor Jekyll and Mr. Duke. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

The alien one is definitely not one of the better ones. I also don't like ones where the boys fight, like Doctor Jekyll and Mr. Duke. 

I don't like them to beat each other up either.

Edited by Skipper Duke
Forgot the word other
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MonacoMan said:

Yeah, I’m not wild about the Dukes fighting amongst themselves, either. I realize it happens in most families at one time or another...but I was always glad when they worked it out and moved onto another episode where the Dukes were fighting bad-guys from outside Hazzard, together. :wink: 

Amen MonacoMan! Btw did you pick your name from Dodge Monacos? :)

Edited by Skipper Duke
I accidentally put to many words
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Skipper Duke said:

Amen MonacoMan! Btw did you pick your name from Dodge Monacos? :)

Yes...I chose my username from the 1977-78 Dodge Monacos used in the show (for Rosco’s, Enos’, & Cletus’ patrol cars), although 1977-78 Plymouth Furys were used as well. :D 

A 1977 Dodge Monaco was also the “signature” car used by Fred Dryer in the cop show Hunter, which I’m also a fan of & am a member of a fan-site for it. So, I’ve used ‘Monaco’ as part of a username before, too. :tup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MonacoMan said:

Yes...I chose my username from the 1977-78 Dodge Monacos used in the show (for Rosco’s, Enos’, & Cletus’ patrol cars), although 1977-78 Plymouth Furys were used as well. :D 

A 1977 Dodge Monaco was also the “signature” car used by Fred Dryer in the cop show Hunter, which I’m also a fan of & am a member of a fan-site for it. So, I’ve used ‘Monaco’ as part of a username before, too. :tup:

Very cool! Besides The Dukes of Hazzard, I am Gilligan's Island and The Andy Griffith Show fan. My favorites are Bo Duke and Skipper Jonas Grumby. Hence my username of Skipper Duke.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.