I Think I'm Gonna Puke!

bethie88

why oh why did they have to pick johnny 'jackass' knocksville for luke

i thought they were gettin rid of jessica simpson as daisy - still better than britney spears

what next - cooter in clean overalls

uncle jesse without a beard and hating moonshine

boss slim with a full head of hair

rosco smart

flash as a doberman

this film had such potential - and now it has reduced to next to zero

oh the humanities

this is against the geneva convention i reckon

why oh why did they have to pick johnny 'jackass' knocksville for luke

i thought they were gettin rid of jessica simpson as daisy - still better than britney spears

what next - cooter in clean overalls

uncle jesse without a beard and hating moonshine (Jesse is Willie Nelson)

boss slim with a full head of hair (Boss is Burt Reynolds)

rosco smart

flash as a doberman

this film had such potential - and now it has reduced to next to zero

oh the humanities

this is against the geneva convention i reckon

Yeah, I can see Jonny Knoxville, kinda being a bust, cuz of him being not as smart or serious as luke. I was lookin at pix of the filming at MTV.com and Knoxville was in a red plad button up shirt un buttoned, im gunna be made if the outfits are messed up. But when Starski and Hutch came out, everyone liked it, but sum serious fans of the show were dissapointed becuz they left out important things , i've only seen about 10 episodes of Starski and hutch, so i dont really know what the movie missed, but i can see people liking the movie, eventho i might not if its not like the real show.

I'm going to have to watch it to see how BAD it is! IT will not be a favorite for sure UNLESS it is FAR BETTER than what I've seen and heard!

I couldn't believe the picture. The NEW 'Bo and Luke' (I use those terms loosely because they ARE NOT THEM Look unkept, Bo unshaved, LUke's shirt tail out, and frankly they both look in need a a bath and possible DE-LICE-ING!

I hope this is NOT the imagine WB wants them to put out! In the above link they look BAD -- and that ain't GOOD for the movie!!! Of the three pictured Jessica looks most likely to be like Daisy. I'm 39 and I'd not given those guys a second look on a street corner at 16 or 39! They look totallylike BUMS!!!!

I dont' know if even Burt Reynolds can pull them out!

DixieDavenport

Any pictures of the 'Cooter'. I know for a fact he's peeved they didnt' ask the original cast.

I couldn't believe the picture. The NEW 'Bo and Luke' (I use those terms loosely because they ARE NOT THEM Look unkept, Bo unshaved, LUke's shirt tail out, and frankly they both look in need a a bath and possible DE-LICE-ING!

I hope this is NOT the imagine WB wants them to put out! In the above link they look BAD -- and that ain't GOOD for the movie!!! Of the three pictured Jessica looks most likely to be like Daisy. I'm 39 and I'd not given those guys a second look on a street corner at 16 or 39! They look totallylike BUMS!!!!

I totally agree with you on this one, Dixie! :lol:

Know can all we please calm down. I agree with the rest of you that they made a huge mistake when it came to picking the cast. The only one that has the Dukes look is Willy Nelson(for me that's saying alot condidering I don't care for him.) There's not much we can do about WB's choice. It seem to me that the new people of WB doesn't understand what Dukes means to us the fans. They are hoping to get more rich off our money.

Maybe this movie they should trash it. Restart over with the a story to what the fan would want and get the real Dukes back into action.

The NEW set of Dukes are going to ruin what real Bo, Luke and Daisy Duke and Gy Waldron try to teach america about family values. Not who has the biggest wallet or who is the best slut.

Jessi 8)

I think that no matter who they casted in the movie, we would all say they could never equal the original cast. So, since the original cast is not in it, we would be disappointed in whoever they picked. And it didn't help that the last Dukes Reunion film was awful. That wasn't the cast fault, it was the script. The first was great. So the studio, fearing that the movie would get the same reception that the reunion show did, probably forced the current cast on the film makers. "You can make the movie, but you must get people the current teens will relate to." To the current teens, Bo Duke is Clark Kent's father and is probably uncool.

We have to remember.....even though Dukes of Hazzard was #1 in it's time slot every year but one....it was hated by critics and everyone else. And the fans that watched are in their 30's and 40's now...and that age group doesn't drive the big ticket sales at the box office. In a recent BBC poll in England, Dukes Of Hazzard was rated as one of the Top 10 worst imports from the United States.

So as much as we hate the current cast....it was the only way we would ever get a mainstream theatrical film out of it. And no matter who they cast, it would pale in comparison to our love of the original. So for the movie to make any money, they would have to cast who they did. Because it would be a critical bomb no matter which cast they put in it.

i know that loads of people didn't like the dukes in england, but the fans that are here are serious hardcore

i have a loada mates who say they are gonna see teh film, and that it is supposed to be good, but they asked who the actor was that playing the role of the general lee!!!

that is a summary of the whole thing really

it is trying to make an old series attractive to the young generation, but it would have been better if they had spent longer looking for the cast and less time trying to come up with a new and interesting plot

how many years did the dukes run for with no real storyline apart from boss and rosco frame the duke boys, enos and rosco attempt to chase the general, daisy wears her shorts and the dukes prove their innocence and keep their farm

too much change can be a bad thing

Well a forum I can relate to!

As far as i'm concern,they shouldn't even bother bringing out the movie!

The cast sucks,there is never gona be any chemistry between the crew and they sould've used coy and vance(forgot their real names), for Bo and luke,at least they had a taste of what their part was!

Never the less,after they made the two reunions,that should have been the last of the dukes! They'll never have anymore reunions,their time has came and went unfortunately!

I still liked the second reunion,it wasn't what i wanted for the movie,but it was still good and the chemistry between them was as strong as when they were still in hazzard!

This movie should be trashed and forgotten, just can't seem to accept any new dukes other then the real dukes! John,Tom ,Catherine & Denver !

UPDATE;

I'VE BEEN EDITING MY POSTS, I HAD NO RIGHT SAYING ; "A TRUE DUKE FAN WOULDN'T ACCEPT THIS MOVIE ! "

I never meant to be so heartless, I'm just set in my ways! So I took out anything I said about being or not being a duke fan !Sorry once again!

dukesfan...

While I respect your views on the upcoming film, please stop posting the same stuff in each thread. It is getting old to read how much you despise the film. While we can all agree that it will not like the original , it might be something of interest to some of us on here ..

Maybe the movie will bring in whole new generation of fans who were never into the original. We may not like the film , but it will keep the memory alive for another generation to discover what we truly liked about the original series..Hopefully..

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I'm thinking that seeing the General in action on the big screen is worth the price of admission.

I still love the Dukes enough to hope it's a good movie, but even if it's not: if I can get a few precious seconds of that ol' beautiful Charger flying once again - in all its glory on the largest screen in town - I just might be able to imagine John and Tom inside.