A note...

pendragon1980

Maybe I shouldn't put my opinion in, but I'm going to anyway...

Things get said in anger, and in frustration, and just because we're human. I won't point fingers at anyone or anythig, but I personally would like to see the olive branch extended again between Pendragon and Alex...

The thing is that extending it is only half the equation...it has to be accepted openly, and with grace.

I would hope that a friendship as strong as yours was would not be torn apart, as it appears to be now.

But to all those involved, you are all my friends, you will continue to be so - even if I am just a frustrated human on occasion.

LS3

Very well said, Sheep. I concur.

It's hard for me to accept that there's going to be permanent break between you two, because y'all have been guests under my roof. We had a night of hedonism out on the town that summer and I got the pictures to prove it. I had no idea then that things would end up like this, someday. I realize why, I know there's two sides, but both sides are my friends.

Maybe things can't be just like they were between you. But what about basic civility? Is it so impossible to start over, and start small?

You were invited, but you said you had to stay home and water the plants or something.

But there's always more hedonism where that came from! Book now and save 20% with our frequent sinner package.

Nice try, Bri. You obviously haven't seen my yard... LOL.

However, in this economy, hedonism travel packages might be a nice little niche sideline for ya. People are gonna want to forget their miseries and at 20% off, folks can afford to.

That reminds me of one of my favorite sayings....

"You're only young once but you can be immature forever"

Amen, brother. It's never too late for a happy childhood and all that.

Ya know, I'd start a HazzardNet Hedonism thread where we could all post about our favorite guilty ( or innocent!) pleasures, but I can see that one getting out of hand right off the bat. It's really too bad that I'm a moderator; censoring myself tends to eliminate some of my better posts.

Amen, brother. It's never too late for a happy childhood and all that.

Ya know, I'd start a HazzardNet Hedonism thread where we could all post about our favorite guilty ( or innocent!) pleasures, but I can see that one getting out of hand right off the bat. It's really too bad that I'm a moderator; censoring myself tends to eliminate some of my better posts.

No kidding Brian...this is a family friendly site...behave yourself or you'll have to kick yourself off the boards!

Though the Hazzard Hedonism travel package sounds like a heck of an idea, sign me up!

LS3

I just want to make some clarifications.

I can be civil with Alex. If there were a chatroom, a story and anything else, I wouldn't be rude or ignore him.

Right now, I'm feeling pressured by several emails I received tonight to renew a friendships back to the old standard within a few days. That I'm not ready for. These things take time and while I appreciate everyone's thoughts and support, I also need their patience...and thier trust.

I have priorities in my life right now that don't ignore being online for several hours at a time almost every night, nor being on the phone for two hours every day.

Those of you who know my AIM name, expect to see me once or twice a month, for a couple of hours. And communications by email and Hnet.

That is the crux of what I can offer you. A slow start, but a start.

Pendragon,

We do understand that things in life have changed. Having seen the emails going around I don't think anyone is trying to put a timeline on anything. If everyone takes it one step at a time I do believe things will get better for all involved.

Thank you for taking the time to make the efforts. You have been missed and while I can't speak for everyone, I know that I will be glad to talk to you when you can be around and to stay in touch with you here on HNet.

LS3

We're not asking for things to be the way they were. I think things have changed significantly. We're realists and know that things will never be the same. All we're asking is for you to be open to dialog and see where it goes. Like Sheep said, there's no timeline involved. Relationships take time. And yes, they do take patience. I have advised Alex to have patience in all this (it's a virtue, after all) and let you decide when the time is right to talk. What worried me was that it didn't seem like you were even considering talking, so that's why I've been trying to encourage dialog between you two. I'm sorry if it seemed like pressuring, as that wasn't my intention. I just don't like seeing conflict between folks I like and admire. Your last post has given me some encouragement.

A slow start is better than standing still.

And if I haven't already mentioned it yet, welcome back!