Makin my own General Lee Replica

TomBo

• 3 weeks later...

My wife went on a trip with her sisters & the General came home yesterday & me without a camera! It still needs a front grill installed (In Dele. getting fixed up) and the bumper & valance still has to go on plus the headliner needs to be installed as well as the complete interior..........

BUT

IT IS HOME!

pix to follow

Your pictures always give me a big smile. It's sure been fun watching you build this car. Like I said before, it's like watching a member of the family grow up. Thanks so much for this great thread TomBo. YEEHHAWWW!!!

Roger, thanks again bud. It is so much fun doing it & I also really enjoy posting the pix too!

I am replyign to yer message smiling because you signed it "YEEHHAWWW!!!" Well the irionic part about that is I got approved for Historic plates & they will read YEEHAW.

Roger, thanks again bud. It is so much fun doing it & I also really enjoy posting the pix too!

I am replyign to yer message smiling because you signed it "YEEHHAWWW!!!" Well the irionic part about that is I got approved for Historic plates & they will read YEEHAW.

That is awesome about the plates. Love that it got signed. Did ya put the horn in it?

Best thread I have read in a long time. Always and still look forward to reading and seeing more of your GL. Car shows, swap meets, anywhere you take it, please post the pictures.

I'm gone

Darrell

That is awesome about the plates. Love that it got signed. Did ya put the horn in it?

Best thread I have read in a long time. Always and still look forward to reading and seeing more of your GL. Car shows, swap meets, anywhere you take it, please post the pictures.

I'm gone

Darrell

Count on me doing the picture thing.

Did I mention thats my 3yr old son in the shot with John & I?

I just finished his room in --what else-- Dukes of course.

Looking good.....Hey TomBo, Is Dynomat something new?

Not really its been out long enough that other companies are trying to make it cheaper. It is a sound deadner & helps keep the highway road noise out & the stereo sound in. I went with the super sticky stuf for the roof cause I DONT wanna have to re-install the headliner.

Grill comes in 2 days had it sent out to be completely redone. I am excited to get that back because that basically completes the outside of the car. Pic as usual WILL follow. Thanks guys & gals for following along it is a BLAST to say the least. MAYBE just MAYBE I will be able to attend a show with it b4 the season is too cold, guess we'll see?!

Not really its been out long enough that other companies are trying to make it cheaper. It is a sound deadner & helps keep the highway road noise out & the stereo sound in. I went with the super sticky stuf for the roof cause I DONT wanna have to re-install the headliner.

Grill comes in 2 days had it sent out to be completely redone. I am excited to get that back because that basically completes the outside of the car. Pic as usual WILL follow. Thanks guys & gals for following along it is a BLAST to say the least. MAYBE just MAYBE I will be able to attend a show with it b4 the season is too cold, guess we'll see?!

It will probably be a better inside sound to use that sound dampener. Was there any other kind that you could have used to maybe get more of the rumble or did you want that much sound proof?

I would prefer to have it as sound proof as possible. Just that I am used to that in my everyday cars. That way you can roll down the windows and enjoy the day if want.

What did you have to do to the grill? I can't wait to see

I'm gone

Darrell

1st off Roger LOL thats great stuff but as mentioned by Capt. I am more interested in keeping road noise out.

If ya Get that cell call & roll up the win-der then bam you can hear great.

I got the idea from a friend that did all but his roof in this stuff & it's GREAT on long rides you dont get beat up by the noise. Oh & they'll still hear Waylon when the windows go down!

The grill is coming 9am tomm. There is a guy in DE. that owns a beautiful black 69 charger he is a bodyman by trade & he got into restoring plastics & also learned how to hammer & dolly out dings in the grill trim poieces & then polishes & paints everything. My whole frame & grill went to him so pix will be posted as soon as it arrives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hot damn..That is one sweet looking car now. I didn't know that your grill need that much work. That is awesoem tha tyou found someone to do it. Judging from the pics , it looks fantastic. Was he expensive?

Love the green charger in the background especially the red strip tires. Firestones? And also the 440 under the cover.

You are making me wish I could spend my money on something like that instead of the house..

I'm gone

Darrell

Sweet stuff Tombo....keep these great pictures coming...

I did have trouble figuring out why those two fellers were taking a nap in front of your General though. If I was around a car like that I'd be too excited to sleep.

Tell whoever has that Charger parked on the street that the General Lee got painted green on "Southern Comfurts" from season 2.

Keep up the good work buddy.