last show

ohara

hello, since i was 8 or 9 yrs old when the show was cancelled, i was wondering what was the final show was about, was it like cheers where it left the fans thinking the the bar was still open, or was it like mash where everyone, bo, luke ...etc, went their own way?

Just wondering

From what I remember of the last show, it was just like the other shows and showed no hint that it was the last one. It's called Opening Night at the Boar's Nest and it's about a talent show.

The second to last show, in my opinion, showed more signs of being the last one, as Enos and Daisy almost (and should have) got married.

The third to last show I believe, is what one would call a "jumping the shark" episode, an episode that shows signs that the series is on it's last legs. This episode was Strange Visitor to Hazzard and has a UFO and an alien visiting the Dukes.

i have a question for all of you the fans, where & what do you thing happened to the citizens of hazzard, if the Dukes exsisted? Yes, i know that they had made reunion special, but still.......

I have always thought that Daisy & Enos had gotten married, maybe had a child or two.

Bo & luke - i thought maybe had gone back to NASCAR, & had gotten married, NOT TO EACH OTHER, still comes home & touch base every now & then.

Roscco - i thought somehow i had gotten elected mayor & then went to washington & became Congressman or Senator.

Boss Hogg ? not sure right now.

Cledus - i thought became the local dog catcher/animal care person.

Uncle Jesse - i thought, he & the lady named molly got together one way or the other.

So that's my two cents worth of what i think what may of happened to the citizens.

id of thought:

enos and daisy would have gotten married and had kids also and moved to LA where enos worked as a detective with the LAPD

bo got married and had some kids

luke got married and had some kids

rosco finally found a "mrs coltrane" and maybe had some kids and retired as sheriff

cletus became the new sheriff of hazzard county

boss hogg stayed as the main person of hazzard county

uncle jesse and ms tizdale finally got together and still live on the farm

cooter went on to become congressman of georgia and then became president of the united states(ben jones did really go on to serve in congress for a while until he got beat out by newt gingrich)

the general lee is sitting in the hazzard museum and has "THE GENERAL LEE, the greatest and fastest car hazzard county has ever seen" engraved in a stone sign beside it.

Well, My opinion is meant only to compliment some of the writers here who have good ideas that ran along some of mine or just plan struck me as "Yeah, that fits!" So if you recognize something of yours here I'm not trying to take credit.

~~~~~~~~~

This is the way I see it and would LIKE to have seen the new movie be! OH, well, leave it to the money makers!!!! Not the fans!!

Luke -- The first show was right on there! Luke had been a paratrooper in the Marines (From what was in the series.) The 1st reunion put him as a Smokejumper which really appeals to the Firefighter in ME! I can see my favorite character doing this job that is an adventure on every call! Maybe he is married to Amy Creevy or a old high school friend (Luke's First Love)

Bo--- Again they hit it on the head. Bo going back to the NASCAR circuit! Maybe he married Jill or Diane if you want to go with characters you know -- if not I think Bethie88's "Beth" is just perfect for him. (Danged Fool, Going Home, Going Home Again, and Good ole boy Big Mistake.)

Jesse and Boss Hogg -- I'd love to keep them around but there would be no substitute for either. I see them up in Heaven sipping on some of JeESSE'S finest and still watching out for ALL of us! May they rest in peace!

Daisy and Enos -- Well the only Hazzardite for her is Enos! I liked Jamanda's idea of them having a whole brood and Enos running for Sheriff when Rosco retires or takes Boss Hoggs place as Commissioner.

Cletus --- I see him still as a Deputy.

Cooter -- He would have went to Congress to try to sort out the places like Hazzard. He still owns the garage but LB and BB run it. When he's home he can piddle and restore classic cars.

As for Bo, Luke, and Daisy's kids -- They have been brought up with the same morals and ideals as their parents. They are all young adluts or will be soon and though Bo, Luke and Daisy may not live in Hazzard anymore their kids live on the farm and annoy Enos and Cletus. They also have taken up the torch by keeping Rosco in line. Like thier parents the family that plays together stays together and they still fight the SYSTEM any SYSTEM!! Under the watchfull eyes of their parents and cousins!

THE GENERAL LEE -- Well, Bo and Luke are a bit selfish. He fastest car and their best friend still remains in the family. They make sure he's ran some and that regular maintance is done on him so when they come home for a visit, holiday or special occassion THE DUKE BOYS (regress to a younger age) RIDE AGAIN!!

Of course Rosco, Enos and Cletus have to ACT like they hate this but they Love it, Love it, Love IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that the end episode was a fitting tribute to the series, in a way. I always liked it *because* it wasn't an "ending" episode. It was a bit deeper-hearted of a story than most of the episodes were (am I the only one whose heart is truly tugged on at Rosco's tears?), but it didn't truly end anything in Hazzard County itself. The Dukes and friends did not split up or go elsewhere... they stayed together and life remained the same for a number of years, until the changes mentioned in the Reunion movie. Personally, I just think that it was wonderful to have the show's goodbye be not truly a goodbye... more of a "till we meet again, we'll be here". I can't think of many series that ended that way. Something special, I think...

Besides, it leaves wondrous opportunities for writing fanfiction, future adventures in Hazzard County. <smile>

I still think that Enos and Daisy should have married and thats how the show should have ended. But thats just me :) It would have been a nice ending with everyone there.

I was hoping that the second TV movie would have them hookup...but I dont think they did...or am I wrong?

Of the series? Nope :cry: Much to my dismay they did not. Enos had hives and called off the wedding. They were gonna get married on the first reunion movie(which I just found on VHS today ) but Daisy fainted when she saw her ex husband who ran off and couldnt go through with it. Now, I know that there were some Daisy Enos moments in the second reunion movie but I dont remember it that well..and I dont have it on tape. :( Pretty sure they never got married though. It sucks.

Yes, it's sad as they should have gotten married, although making it so they didn't leaves a lot of room for fanfiction about it. But I still say they should have. If they have them get married in the new movie coming out, it may redeem itself despite the rumors going around.