End Credits Scene

AFAIK it was never show during an episode in full, and it was recorded specifically for this.

However, if my memory server me right, I think it might've used a really short part of the scene in an episode. Or it was a similar scene.

(AFAIK means as far as I know :))

Edited by Roth Potter
Explanation

I don't know why I bother double checking Hoss's responses because he's never wrong and this was no exception. Seeing that circular chase was always bittersweet. It meant that I had just seen another great episode and that was sweet. But I hated seeing the credits because it meant I had to wait another week to see the Dukes again. I lived for Friday night back then. We sure hope to hear more from you RustyNail.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I've never found an exact match, and I've looked several times over the years. My latest search found PL Bernhardt Light to be quite close. Certain letters like the R and Q are very good matches, but others like the C and G aren't so good. It's also a little too wide, but I can't find a "narrow" or "condensed" version. If anyone else has had better luck, please let us know.

Does anybody have the capability of taking high-res screen shots from the End Credits? There are sites out there that will let you upload images of fonts and they'll automatically try to find close matches. 

I appreciate your suggestion, Hoss. I think with screen shots we could really hammer this down once and for all. I can't imagine the font doesn't exist anymore, and they sure wouldn't have created one just for the show.

I actually work in Printing and I've never had as much of a hard time finding a font as I've had with this one. It's a real head-scratcher.

4 minutes ago, RustyNail said:

I actually work in Printing and I've never had as much of a hard time finding a font as I've had with this one. It's a real head-scratcher.

I spent over 10 years in the sign-making business myself, so I've had plenty of experience matching fonts. Back in the '90s, we still used printed font catalogues the size of phone books a fair bit, and many fonts were only available as dry transfer lettering. It's quite possible that this font was never digitized to TTF/Type 1.

BTW. The end credits use the same font as the title screen for each episode.