New member from Central California

Moparmotel

Hi

My name is Nick. I've been into Dukes of Hazzard since I was about 8 years old which was 1997. My dad and I have also been into Dodge Charger's. We've had four of them:

1968 H code 383 black/black

1968 H code 383 red/black

1968 R/T 440 QQ1 tourquoise

1969 R/T SE 440 we built into a General Lee in 05/06

1969 Dodge Superbee 383 4 speed- not a charger but still a fun car

After watching Barrett Jackson on Saturday and watching Lee 1 go through the auction it kind of sparked my interest in Dukes of Hazzard again, although I've always been interested.

I spent many hours on this site last night looking at the excellent thread by Hoss about all the filming locations. I live about three hours away from the filming locations and am planning on going down there for a weekend to check them out.

Here is a picture of the General and the black/black 68. Regrettably, all the above cars are sold except for the black 68 which I still have.

NewPics003.jpg

Hi Nick, welcome to HNet. I'm very envious of your upcoming trip to the filming locations. Take lots of pictures, and then post them here. If you get to East Carlisle Road you might be able to tell us what the strange object in the second picture of this post is.

What a shame that you had to let your General go. Still, at least you still have the '68. It looks like yours has the white stripe around the rear. If I owned a black '68 Charger I think I'd have to do it like the one in Bullitt, but that's just me :).

Hi Nick, welcome to HNet. I'm very envious of your upcoming trip to the filming locations. Take lots of pictures, and then post them here. If you get to East Carlisle Road you might be able to tell us what the strange object in the second picture of this post is.

What a shame that you had to let your General go. Still, at least you still have the '68. It looks like yours has the white stripe around the rear. If I owned a black '68 Charger I think I'd have to do it like the one in Bullitt, but that's just me :).

Sure it would be neat to check that out. If i read it correctly this strange object is at the intersection of East Potrero Road & Carlisle Road?

Sure it would be neat to check that out. If i read it correctly this strange object is at the intersection of East Potrero Road & Carlisle Road?

Google Maps shows it as the intersection of East Carlisle Road and Carlisle Road. I checked Bing Maps and it didn't even label Carlisle Road (it's only a short dead-end). It shouldn't be too hard to spot - it's about halfway down East Carlisle Road on the left-hand-side, right opposite the golf club car park. The post contains a Google Maps link.

I've noticed that there are a few differences between the street naming on Google Maps vs Bing Maps eg. the road that passes Lake Eleanor is the north part of Decker Canyon Road on Google, but the south end of South Westlake Blvd on Bing. All the links I've posted are for Google Maps, so maybe you should print off a map of the area from there and mark the places you want to go.

Are you planning on doing the WB Studio tour as well?.

Yes I am, only problem is that the tour is offered Monday-Friday,not on the weekends. I was planning on going down there Friday-Sunday and getting a hotel for two nights, but if I do I'm going to have to get there Friday morning to do the tour.

Still working out exact details of when were going. I'll be sure to bring my digital camera and take some photos.