Howdy from Indiana!

I did not formerly introduce myself before posting in the General Lee section! oops! anyway I am a huge Dukes fan I am 31 years old and watched it when I was a kid and loved every Friday night!! Anyway I own a Towing & Auto repair shop (no its not Cooters!) and I have been a avid Mopar nut my entire life my grandfather owned a Dodge,Chrysler,Plymouth dealership from 1965 to 1990

So Mopars are my thing! I have wanted a General Lee forever and last Tuesday I found the perfect 1969 Charger for my conversion! Here are some pics! I already have my WOLO Dixie horn! (could not resist JC whitney had a deal going on) Anyway I hope to share pictures as the conversion goes along! Long live the Dukes!

post-6350-143050813277_thumb.jpg

post-6350-143050813309_thumb.jpg

post-6350-143050813347_thumb.jpg

Welcome to HNet! Always great to see other huge Duke fans ... and am looking forward to seeing more photos. All my General Lees are not big enough to drive. HA HA.

See you are from Indiana...being the huge NASCAR fan that I am...couldn't help but to say that is the same state that Tony Stewart is from and the state that my all time favorite driver, Jeff Gordon, moved to when he was fourteen.

Anyway, hope to see you around. :D

Ive seen Tony Stewart dirt track race years ago, just up the road at Lincoln Park Speedway, It's a Saturday night ritual! Dirt track racing is the best racing bar none! Nascar is boring in my opinion! I like see em' slide sideways and feel that dirt on my face!!! My youngest daughter is 3 and she always wants to get in the "General Lee" she cried tonight cause she wanted me to take her for a ride in it! my boy is 8 and his horse is named "General Lee" so you can imagine his reaction when I told him we had a real "General Lee'. I like seeing my kids enjoy it because I have great memories of watching the big orange clunker car when I was their age and best is they love watching the Dukes of Hazzard. After the Dukes show ended, it seemed TV turned to raunchy crap not worth watching. talk at ya'll later and keep'r between the ditches!:D

NASCAR boring? :-o Who'd ever hear such a thing? LOL. Well I guess we are all entitled to our own opinions. I've seen a few dirt track races around where I live, but would much rather see Gordon and the boys racing on the NASCAR circuit. But that's my opinion.

Sounds cute and fun. Bet they enjoy your car as much as you do!