Going Bananas

I got a little surprise today.

A friend of my wife's knows I'm a Dukes fan and was at a garage sale and picked up a Bananas magazine with Bo and Luke on the front. It's in mint condition.

The magazine was put out by Scholastic and is from 1980 and the front of it says "Those Daredevil Dukes". Despite the fact that Luke is on the front too, the only story inside is about Bo.

It's a two page article with 12 questions for John Schneider.

Sometimes it's hard to believe that I'm the same age as John. (He's 7 days older than me). When I was 20 I was very immature for my age (responsible but immature) and he seemed so much older. I was so shocked when I first heard he was the same age.

I sure enjoyed the article. It made me feel 20 again.

Of course you know the old saying "You're only young once but you can be immature forever."

Is this the one you got Roger?. It's the only one I can find with Bo and Luke on the cover (same photo shoot as one of the pictures in the HNet caption competition - no '01' on door), although it doesn't say 'Those Daredevil Dukes'.

Bananas.jpg

There were a couple of other Dukes related editions of 'Bananas' eBay. They range from about $6 to $18 each, so there's more to look out for. The Bo Duke/Bo Derek edition (below right) apparently came with a Dukes poster, but the ones on eBay are missing this. Issue #32, with Erik Estrada on the cover, also came with a Dukes poster.

Bananas2.jpg

None of these three are the one I have.

The front of mine just has a picture of Bo on it sitting with nothing but brown in the background. Luke is standing behind him leaning on his back. The cover has a blue border.

Also, inside is an advertisment for the Bananas Yearbook for 1980. That cover also features John.

Someday I'll have to fish through my cedar chest that has my old Dukes stuff. I'm not even sure what's in there anymore. It's been so long since I've gone through it.

Maybe Luke's yawning because he's so tired.....

tired of people pestering him that there's no 01 on the side of his car.

Awesome find (and gift), Rog! You know, one of these days, we should have everybody upload pics of their Dukes collections. LOL. I'd be interested to see 1) how extensive everybody's collections are and 2) what rare items are out there that I haven't seen yet.

And, of course, now I've got this song stuck in my head... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g6oYcXY0fg

I'm going bananas and I feel like my poor little mind is being devoured by piranhas. For I'm going bananas.

Awesome find (and gift), Rog! You know, one of these days, we should have everybody upload pics of their Dukes collections. LOL. I'd be interested to see 1) how extensive everybody's collections are and 2) what rare items are out there that I haven't seen yet.

You know, I have almost all the dvd's, but no collectibles. I have always wanted a little die cast of the general lee, but I never had the money to collect. I need to check eBay!!!