Anyone a Billy Joel fan out there?

waikiki23

Hey ya'll! Just curious if anyone is a Billy Joel fan. I am and will always love his music. When I was moving out of my parents house, my dad played over and over "Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)! Every time I hear it, I laugh, thinking how my dad kept playing that!

I also love "The Downeastern Alexa".

Anyone else?

I certainly enjoy some of Billy Joel's music. When I saw your post, I dug out my 1985 'Greatest Hits Vols I & II' double CD and gave it a listen. 'Moving Out (Anthony's Song)' is on CD 1, which for some reason never got played as much as CD 2.

brought a tear to my eye :(, and I had to listen to Tell Her About It to cheer myself up :).

Looks like I'm going to have to get Greatest Hits Vol III as I don't have 'Downeaster Alexa' (I remember this from 'Musical Chairs' last week sometime), 'An Innocent Man' or 'We Didn't Start The Fire'.

They are the best piano players. I love listening to them both.

I saw Tori Amos live at the London Palladium on her 'Under the Pink' tour (I guess about 1994). The show was just her and her piano - it was great. Here's Happy Phantom if you're unfamiliar with her.

A couple of other talented pianists I would recommend are Ben Folds and Bruce Hornsby:

The Way It Is - Bruce Hornsby & The Range (as sampled in 2Pac's 'Changes')

Almost forgot a tune that's being used on a supermarket advert in the UK at the moment:

On The Rebound - Floyd Cramer

Love a bit of Billy Joel sometimes!!! The classic Uptown Girl, Tell her about it, I am the Entertainer and We didn't start the fire are my faves. :D

I also like one called Why Should I worry which he did for the disney movie Oliver and Company where he also did the voice of the dog Dodger!!

I love Uptown Girl! The music video from the '80s is great! We Didn't Start the Fire is also a great song!

Yes, I loved Oliver and Company when I was a kid. I loved his music in the movie!

• 1 year later...