Greetings from Ireland

HossC

Hi there. I'm an Englishman who's been living in Ireland for the last 7 years. I'll be 40 this year which means I've been a Dukes fan for about 3/4 of my life.

I'm currently re-watching every episode from the beginning - I'm up to 'Goodbye General Lee' in series 4 at present, so I've only got 75 episodes and 2 (good) films to go!

I finally got 'round to reading Ben Jones's 'Redneck Boy in the Promised Land' this year, and recommend it to anyone who hasn't.

On the hobbies side, I collect 1:18 scale diecast cars, most of which are muscle cars from the late '60s and early '70s, and include 5 Dukes cars. I have also recently been playing around with vector based artwork again. So far I've done a top, side, front and back view of the General, recreated the Boars Nest sign, and am now working on a Hazzard patrol car (1978 Plymouth Fury).

See you soon y'all.

Hi there. I'm an Englishman who's been living in Ireland for the last 7 years. I'll be 40 this year which means I've been a Dukes fan for about 3/4 of my life.

I'm currently re-watching every episode from the beginning - I'm up to 'Goodbye General Lee' in series 4 at present, so I've only got 75 episodes and 2 (good) films to go!

I finally got 'round to reading Ben Jones's 'Redneck Boy in the Promised Land' this year, and recommend it to anyone who hasn't.

On the hobbies side, I collect 1:18 scale diecast cars, most of which are muscle cars from the late '60s and early '70s, and include 5 Dukes cars. I have also recently been playing around with vector based artwork again. So far I've done a top, side, front and back view of the General, recreated the Boars Nest sign, and am now working on a Hazzard patrol car (1978 Plymouth Fury).

See you soon y'all.

welcome, another member from around my parts of the world.

I hope you enjoy your stay.

So, who's your favorite character?

I knew this question would come up, and still don't have a good answer. It seems to me that pretty much all the cast with the exception of Jesse, Daisy and Boss got substituted for various reasons at various times. I don't even think Coy and Vance made a bad job of it after their first couple of episodes, but they were always on a loser with the yardstick of Bo and Luke to be measured against. I'd say the casting crew did a very good job (something they failed to do in the recent films) with the regular cast and there were some great cameos, my favourites being Henry Gibson, Charles Napier and Robert Alda (check out Robert playing against his son in M*A*S*H).

Overall I'd have to say I'm dodging this one, but I can't imagine watching any episode without Waylon's narration.