Duke Family Singers

Elly May Duke

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Old country is the only stuff I listen to. On occasion a new song comes out that I like but rarely. Boondocks is probably the last new song that I really liked. I suppose I should get with modern times and start embracing this new stuff but I just can't tell most of it from pop or soft rock (or whatever it's called). I can't wait until a classic country radio station comes to my area someday. If that ever happens, I'll rip the knob off and never listen to anything else. Hopefully it will be called WHOGG and have a DJ named Elton Loggins and play a lot of Waylon Jennings and the Dukes Family Singers.

Old country is the only stuff I listen to. On occasion a new song comes out that I like but rarely. Boondocks is probably the last new song that I really liked. I suppose I should get with modern times and start embracing this new stuff but I just can't tell most of it from pop or soft rock (or whatever it's called). I can't wait until a classic country radio station comes to my area someday. If that ever happens, I'll rip the knob off and never listen to anything else. Hopefully it will be called WHOGG and have a DJ named Elton Loggins and play a lot of Waylon Jennings and the Dukes Family Singers.

i dont know im just a person that loves modern country i guess

Hopefully when you're as old as me (49) you'll be a little more open minded than I am and like the old stuff and new stuff. Of course by then, the music you're listening to now will be the "old stuff."

Country used to be called "Country and Western" but is now just called country. In the future it might be called "Country and Pop" since it's evolving into that. I can't blame people for liking it because it is good but it's just not for me. Half of the videos on CMT should be on MTV instead.

I guess I haven't adjusted with the times. Since I'm happy this way, I don't plan on trying to adjust. And I'm not trying to change anybody elses opinion about modern country music...I'm just expressing my opinion. Hope I didn't make anybody mad.

Hopefully when you're as old as me (49) you'll be a little more open minded than I am and like the old stuff and new stuff. Of course by then, the music you're listening to now will be the "old stuff."

Country used to be called "Country and Western" but is now just called country. In the future it might be called "Country and Pop" since it's evolving into that. I can't blame people for liking it because it is good but it's just not for me. Half of the videos on CMT should be on MTV instead.

lol i like singers like Miranda Lambert, Keith Urban Brad Paisley and Toby Keith stuff like that

but i also love Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers (Islands In The Stream or The Gambler) a little bit of ole Hank JR.

I do like some of the newer singers that have country sounding voices. Kenny Chesney is the first one to come to mind. Jason Aldeen too. I don't like them enough to buy a CD or anything but they definitely sound country.

I love southern voices like Charlie Daniels and Loretta Lynn. Of course Charlie's been know to rock things up a little but that okay because he's southern, plays a fiddle and I love his political views. He's a true patriot and a living legend. I sure wish Rosco would have caught him and his band in his celebrity speed trap.

Charlie Daniels for President!!!!!!

(unless he's running against Uncle Jesse)

I do like some of the newer singers that have country sounding voices. Kenny Chesney is the first one to come to mind. Jason Aldeen too. I don't like them enough to buy a CD or anything but they definitely sound country.

I love southern voices like Charlie Daniels and Loretta Lynn. Of course Charlie's been know to rock things up a little but that okay because he's southern, plays a fiddle and I love his political views. He's a true patriot and a living legend.

currently all my CDs are 2 Toby Keiths, two Taylor Swifts 1 Alan Jackson CD, one Keith Urban CD and Miranda Lambert

i also have Dolly Partons new album

lol any way off the record theres only ONE non country person i like and its Avril Lavigne

Roger. . .I am a person who just cause someone says things my mind will not be changed, but I do agree with you about 'old' country tho I do like new country, but I am slightly looking back cause I really perfer the old fillde and stuff and I like a lot of Bluegrass stuff too. . .like Bluegrass Junction which sometimes my dad turns our radio to on Sunday. . .but yes I like Charile. . .and well yeah. . .actually I think anyone country would make a better president. . .unless running agains Jesse of course, but anyway. . .I do perfer the old sound best. . .I think me n you would get along great. . .even if I'm only 17 I never really liked anything other than country and don't plan to change.

Roger. . .I am a person who just cause someone says things my mind will not be changed, but I do agree with you about 'old' country tho I do like new country, but I am slightly looking back cause I really perfer the old fillde and stuff and I like a lot of Bluegrass stuff too. . .like Bluegrass Junction which sometimes my dad turns our radio to on Sunday. . .but yes I like Charile. . .and well yeah. . .actually I think anyone country would make a better president. . .unless running agains Jesse of course, but anyway. . .I do perfer the old sound best. . .I think me n you would get along great. . .even if I'm only 17 I never really liked anything other than country and don't plan to change.

same here...wouldnt trade Country Music for the world