When Lonely Hearts Meet...

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I mean he....he was your real little brother...and...you know, you had a chance to get to know a part of the family you never got to have because of the accident...I just...well it was nothin' t'do with what you did...just me feelin' jealous more than anything I guess..."

Bo said softly, looking down at his feet.

"Bo..." he began not knowing where to start. "Look Judd...technically he is my brother... and I admit...part of me thought...maybe...I could be as close to him as I was to you...that...we'd all three be...Duke boys...but..." he shook his head. "He ain't a Duke boy...He's a Kane. And he ain't my brother...you are. You always have been."

Bo swallowed gently and looked up at him slowly with blue eyes that hadn't really changed since they were kids. They still shone a brilliant baby blue colour and still were filled with that kind of childish innocence.

"I know...but...I was jealous that...Judd is your brother...you know. He doesn't just call you his brother, he really is your brother by blood and parents...no matter what we do i'll still just be like a brother to you...I can't ever be that properly..."

"Bo...thing is...I didn't have a choice with Judd...he was born my brother...you ...I had a choice...I chose you to be my brother...that's why...." he swallowed, speaking his heart like this something he rarely did. "That's why I love ya as much as I do...we're closer...than real brothers...we picked each other out...."

Bo bit his lip gently, before cracking a small smile and saying jokingly..

"C'mon now Luke, you know I like girls...sorry cousin I just don't swing that way...."

He knew though that the look in his eyes would show Luke that he understood and that he felt the same way. It never needed to be said between them really, it was a mutual understanding between the two.

• 2 weeks later...

"No you won't and you know it....just go Luke, i'll handle things here with Uncle Jesse okay...if yer serious about doing this you need t'be showin' them social workers yer good fer Zac..."

Bo said seriously although he wasn't looking at Luke, more just focusing on his work...just the talk about what had happened with Judd had made his shoulder tingle with long gone pain.

• 4 weeks later...

Bo bit his lip as he heard the sigh, closing his eyes a little once he was sure Luke's footsteps had retreated indoors. Standing up straight he ran a hand down his face with a small shake of his head....he should have known Daisy wouldn't keep something like that a secret and he wasn't sure whether he was pleased it was finally out in the open or whether he was angry at her for letting it get there.

Sitting down on a hay bale, he glanced around, not being able to help but see everything that was changing already. Luke wasn't out here joking around and laughing about with him as they got on with the chores, there was no banter, there was no friendly conversation about the next dance or the girl of the week...instead Luke was inside, tired and worrying about the future and what it would bring. Suddenly, the four year age gap between the two of them had never seemed as big as it did now...Luke had grown up somewhere in that 4 year gap...and Bo still felt a long way behind.