The Drive-thru Barber Shop/Oil Change and Lube Stop/ Quicky Mart/ Bar and Grill

Julieduke

Who do you like in this story?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like in this story?

Kayle said "Thats cute"

"Thank you. I'm sorry that I've ruined the celebration." Lizzy says watching April as the young girl began to fall asleep.

"Ruined it? Darlin' you just made it ten times better." Cooter says.

"Really?" Lizzy asked.

"Yes not to mention gave me the best Christmas present I could ask for." Jeb says. Lizzy looks at Jeb who smiles softly. "I love you."

"Love ya too." Lizzy answers.

"Mr. Duke?" The doctor says again. Jeb stands and takes Heather with him into the hallway.

"Have you figured it out?" Jeb asks.

"No. It seems that every test we run we get the same result."

"So what exactly is it that has you stumped?"

"This baby is showing all the signs of being born full term yet you and your wife claim she is two months early." The doctor says.

"That's because she's not early. Mommy got pregnant before they were married and feared the...backlash that would come from Grandpa Cooter. So they told everyone that it's a...what's it called Daddy?" Heather says.

"We told everyone the baby was conceived on our honeymoon. Her father isn't the easiest man to put up with but he loves his daughter. He had a bit of a problem when she got pregnant with Heather so she ran away. We didn't want to go through that again so we lied. The baby is full term but nearly everyone in that room believes she's early and that's the way we want it to stay." Jeb explains.

"Am I right to say this is your wife's second child but your first?" The doctor asks out of plain curiosity.

"She's our second. I let her go the first time because I didn't know. I wasn't going to let her run again so I agreed." Jeb says.

"Oh alright." The doctor nods. "You can go back to your family. Lizzy and the baby should be able to leave in the morning."

"Thank you. I'm sorry that I've ruined the celebration." Lizzy says watching April as the young girl began to fall asleep.

"Ruined it? Darlin' you just made it ten times better." Cooter says.

"Really?" Lizzy asked.

"Yes not to mention gave me the best Christmas present I could ask for." Jeb says. Lizzy looks at Jeb who smiles softly. "I love you."

"Love ya too." Lizzy answers.

"Mr. Duke?" The doctor says again. Jeb stands and takes Heather with him into the hallway.

"Have you figured it out?" Jeb asks.

"No. It seems that every test we run we get the same result."

"So what exactly is it that has you stumped?"

"This baby is showing all the signs of being born full term yet you and your wife claim she is two months early." The doctor says.

"That's because she's not early. Mommy got pregnant before they were married and feared the...backlash that would come from Grandpa Cooter. So they told everyone that it's a...what's it called Daddy?" Heather says.

"We told everyone the baby was conceived on our honeymoon. Her father isn't the easiest man to put up with but he loves his daughter. He had a bit of a problem when she got pregnant with Heather so she ran away. We didn't want to go through that again so we lied. The baby is full term but nearly everyone in that room believes she's early and that's the way we want it to stay." Jeb explains.

"Am I right to say this is your wife's second child but your first?" The doctor asks out of plain curiosity.

"She's our second. I let her go the first time because I didn't know. I wasn't going to let her run again so I agreed." Jeb says.

"Oh alright." The doctor nods. "You can go back to your family. Lizzy and the baby should be able to leave in the morning."

Daisy smiles "Congrats Liz..."

Daisy said "Yeah..I'll pick you up when you know okay? and Liz..promise me you'll be there for me like you was with Kayle and i was here for you today, which i know you will"

"Yeah I know Daisy. I'm sorry if I hurt you today." Lizzy says.

"Pardon me everyone I hate to interrupt but someone's a little eager here." The nurse said moving across the room.

Daisy said "I'm used to it don't worry...and Lizzy why would you have hurt me? are you mad at me?"

"Uh no...My Uncle Earl complained when I nearly broke his hand when I had Heather." Lizzy says.

"Mrs. Duke. It's a healthy baby girl." The nurse says laying Sasha in her arms.

"She's gorgeous." Lizzy mutters. The nurse filled out the necessary paper work then headed out the door. "And the complete opposite of Heather."

"Uh no...My Uncle Earl complained when I nearly broke his hand when I had Heather." Lizzy says.

"Mrs. Duke. It's a healthy baby girl." The nurse says laying Sasha in her arms.

"She's gorgeous." Lizzy mutters. The nurse filled out the necessary paper work then headed out the door. "And the complete opposite of Heather."

Daisy nodded "When I had the twins...Enos almost had his arm put in a sling"

Daisy nodded "When I had the twins...Enos almost had his arm put in a sling"

"Are you sure she's my kid?" Jeb asks. Lizzy turns to Jeb and gives him a confused look.

"Yeah I'm sure. Why?" Lizzy asks.

"Dark hair and brown eyes?" Jeb asks. "No one in my family has brown eyes."

"No, but...my mother had brown eyes." Lizzy mutters.

"Are you sure she's my kid?" Jeb asks. Lizzy turns to Jeb and gives him a confused look.

"Yeah I'm sure. Why?" Lizzy asks.

"Dark hair and brown eyes?" Jeb asks. "No one in my family has brown eyes."

"No, but...my mother had brown eyes." Lizzy mutters.

Daisy said "Jeb, of course shes your kid...Do I have to knock you one upside the head?"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.