Site Issue

Lost Soul

Every page I goto, it has the yellow ActiveX bar at the top. I click on it and theres not much information about it ut I click OK but it still pops up. I get it everytime. It;s only on this site. I'm using Internet Explorer. I'm gonna sign out in sign back in on Netscape.

Edit: I'm using Netscape and I also get an error:

"Additional plugins are requried to display all the media on this page"

I click the Install Missing Pluins button but it says that "No suitable plugins were found"

I'm gonna sign in on Firefox.

2nd Edit: I'm using Firefox and don't seem to have the error. Guess I should have used Firefox before.

Edited by Lost Soul

Lost Soul -

I don't know much about computers other than how to turn them on and to work certain programs, so maybe I shouldn't be posting here. But my parents' computer / internet did that for a long time. Am not a hundred percent why it was, but it is now gone. I want to say it was from their virus program they had. Do you have a virus program on your computer and what type? Or perhaps it was a spyware program that was doing it. . .

Just a couple of ideas to check out. I could ask them next time I talk to them how they got rid of it. Perhaps they would know, my dad knows more about that type of stuff than me anyway.

I hope that I am of some help and didn't confuse you any more. Good luck!

Lost Soul -

I don't know much about computers other than how to turn them on and to work certain programs, so maybe I shouldn't be posting here. But my parents' computer / internet did that for a long time. Am not a hundred percent why it was, but it is now gone. I want to say it was from their virus program they had. Do you have a virus program on your computer and what type? Or perhaps it was a spyware program that was doing it. . .

Just a couple of ideas to check out. I could ask them next time I talk to them how they got rid of it. Perhaps they would know, my dad knows more about that type of stuff than me anyway.

I hope that I am of some help and didn't confuse you any more. Good luck!

I have a number of anti-virus programs. It may be a glitch on the site or has to with something not working right with some web browsers. I'm using Firefox now and don't have any errors, but when I used Internet Explorer or Netscape, I got an error. I'll run my anti-virus programs jusy in case. Thanks for your advice.

You are welcome, Lost Soul. I hope that I have helped at least a little bit. The program you mentioned isn't familiar to me, so I dont' think that is the program my parents had. Do you have spyware of any kind?

Don't appear to have Spyware. BTW, Firefox, Netscpae and Internet Explorer are web browsers. I actually have 7 of them.

Ah Ok. internet explorer is familiar to me...I thought you were listing virus programs that you had. I hope you will come across something that will work, that is frustrating.

I just checked my anti-virus folder and theres none in there accept the CleanUp! Which isn't really an anti-virus, it cleans delates tmp files and stuff.

I had reinstalled Windows a few weeks ago and must;ve forgot the reinstall the anti-virus prgrams. Thank you.

I just checked on my computer and I'm not getting that on Firefox or IE. I'm wondering if it's something in your browser setup. Perhaps the little "Number of users chatting" java thing is causing IE to think there's an ActiveX program running? That's only a guess.

Ya, there was something that said "number of users chatting" what is that? And why do I get it on IE or Netscape but no Firefox.