To Keep On Keepin' On

DaisyMaeDuke

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sara shook her head, smiling a little at the public affection Luke craved...before he wouldn't have dared even really touch her..apologizing if he accidentally did. This was a big move forward,

"No...yer not. Its different today because Daisy's here...you feel a need to impress her, show her your moving on when inside your not as moved on as you try and make her believe and it upsets you..."

"Now that isn't true at all...look what yer doing here...when we started you wouldn't have even attempted to shake my hand...and yet here you are activly seeking comfort...your talking to me...your crying without shame...Luke your taking massive steps forward but like I said because you have this huge mental block that only lets you see the negative of what you do, you cant see the progress and the good..."

Sara kept rubbing his back gently, she would comfort him and be supportive but there were times when she knew he needed to be pushed a little forwards...when she needed to be firm and basically tell him to suck up but in nicer terms. She knew a lot of this was down to the fact that Luke was still hanging onto his Uncle, and that was something she needed to get him to let go of.

"Now...we can't sit here all day like this can we...people'll get the wrong impression..." She said with a small smile.

"Its ok Luke...but you know as well as I do that sitting her dwelling in these emotions for too long isn't gonna help now is it? We need t'get t'the root of this problem t'solve it...not stay stuck in the mud at one place...agreed?" She reasoned with him softly, showing him that while it was ok to feel that way, it was not ok to keep on dwelling in it for so long.