To Keep On Keepin' On

DaisyMaeDuke

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bo swallowed hard, looking back at him as well, ready to grab him should Luke try and run...now that Luke was through the doors it wasn't likely he was going to be leaving again until he was back to more or less his normal self. Stepping forward a little, he reached his hand out to his older cousin, saying softly.

"C'mon brother..."

Bo kept a supportive arm around Luke softly as he guided him to Jesse's side where their Uncle could actually see him.

"Yeah...just like I said Uncle Jesse...I told ya he'd be here..." He said softly.

Jesse opened his eyes slowly and looked up, smiling as he finally saw Luke though his heart ached at how his eldest looked. Never before had Luke looked so pale and withdrawn and it hurt to think that there was nothing he could do...that he was the cause of his eldests' pain. Reaching out with a weak trembling hand, he gently took Luke's in his and gave it a firm squeeze.

"There he is...there's my....special little boy..." he said softly, knowing that right now Luke wouldn't care about the old term of endearment for him being used in public....right now Luke didn't seem to care about anything besides his own devastating feelings.

Luke hugged him close, tears dropping rapidly as the broken young man clung to the man that had been father to him since he was little. This was the thanks he got for everything Luke put him through all those years...for all the sleepless nights he caused, for the bail money he posted, the extra mouth to feed that Luke had been...and this...this was how Luke repaid him...by failing him when Jesse needed him most.

Luke just sobbed desperately. "Don't die...Jesse don't die!" he pleaded.

Daisy swallowed hard tears in her own eyes as she watched.

Bo swallowed hard as he heard the broken plea, closing his eyes and looking down at the floor - knowing all too well what the answer would be.

Jesse sighed softly and rested his head against Luke's, making him sit on the bed while they hugged so as to make him a little more comfortable...hopefully he could at least ease his eldest's mind a little before the lord decided it was his time.

"Now son...you know that I ain't got a choice...when its your time, its your time...I've had a wonderful life with you kids...I wouldn't change one thing about it...and now I gotta...move on and live the next experience...with yer Auntie...an yer momma and daddy..."

"Because nothing lasts forever Luke...however much we want it to. I've had so many great years...blessed years here...and now its time for me to move on...you still have so much to give...so much to achieve in your life Luke...and I know...I know you can do it son...i'll always watch over ya...help ya when I can...I know it wont be the same...but we all have to grow up....grow old....and leave life to the next generation we raised. I have no doubt you'll do me proud son...you always have...and you always will...ain't nothin' you've done..." He stopped a minute with a small chuckle "...Well...nothing major that you've done that I ain't been proud of..."

Jesse said soothingly, seeing now what Bo was talking about.