Whiskey, Dukes, and Uncle Sam

LoriDavenport

Cooter got on the CB to Lori,"Breaker one breaker one I might be crazy but I ain't dumb, Crazzzzzzzzy Cooter here Whiskey Bent ya got your ears on come on?"

Lori just so happened to be outside with Bo working on Midnight,"Whiskey Bent here whats up crazy C?"

Cooter sighed, "I just got a wrecker call and Dixie is sick can you go get her?"

Lori cussed,"Cooter why me?"

Cooter giggled,"Cause deep down inside you love me and you can get there quicker.."

Lori shook her head and motioned for Bo to come on,"Im gone take her easy greasy..."

Cooter laughed,"10-4!!"

Lori and Bo climbed in and took off, passing the Duke farm to get to the school, Bo sighed and shook his head, poor old Luke went off the deep end! He heard the motor and thought for sure Lori was going to get Rosco!

Lori soon arrived to the school, when she walked through the door the teachers and principal ran in different directions! Lori laughed and walked into the office,"Come on girl aint got all day to wait!"

"Believe me I'm ready. Half the class left already with the flu. I want my pajamas and bed." Dixie said.

Lori grumbled as she almost pushed her out the door,"Fool around with me and you'll do some work round there I already gotta stay home now thanks to you!"

Dixie looked at Lori confused,"Stay home becuase of me why?"

Lori looked at her,"Because your sick and I can't trust you to stay home!"

"I can't hold my head up and I've thrown up more times than I can count. WHERE am I going?" Dixie nearly whinned.

"Knowing some of the stunts you pulled.... you could go ANYWHERE!"

Dixie wasn't about to argue,"Just get me home huh?"

"Anything your precious heart desires,"Lori said sarcastically.."

On the way to the Davenport Farm, Lori took one particular set of "S" curves really quick. Dixie choked,"Lori, STOP NOW!" She grabbed her mouth and hoped Lori listened or Midnight's interior was going to be a different color.

Lori squealed the car to a hault,"NOT THE CAR!"

Dixie managed to climb out the window as she heaved up nothing. There wasn't anything left in her system to throw up but her body was still trying which managed to hurtlike he**!!!!

Lori growled and drug her back into the car, she sped up once more. When they arrived Lori pushed Dixie up to her room and watched her to make sure, Lori went into her room and locked her window good. Lori smirked and walked out of the room.

Bo watched Lori and looked at her,"You ok?"

Lori sighed,"Ehh i've been sick myself sometimes of the mornings...not alot of the time it just picks times to hit me..."

Bo sighed and nodded.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dixie had done exactly what she said she was going to do. She found her PJ's and headed to bed! No one even heard her move until afternoon when she slowly got up and headed to the bathroom hoping not to get sick again. She hoped a shower would help. The warm water felt really good and she stood there for a long time just soaking before she got down to the business of actually bathing. Dixie noticed something really strange as she washed. Her breasts were really sinsative. No that wasn't the right word the down right hurt! Even normal washing and drying hurt her. She hadn't remembered hurting herself and it had been far too long since Luke had gotten to get anywhere close to them. Dixie had no idea why she would be hurting there. Dixie was thankful that she no longer felt sick to her stomach as she made her way down the stairs just as Cooter came home.

Cooter looked at Lori, "Well?" He was wondering if Dixie was sick or had wanted out of school.

Lori looked up from laying across Bo all day,"What?"

Cooter rolled his eyes, "Is she sick? Does she need to see Doc? I came home early in case."

Lori rolled her eyes,"Don't roll yer eyes at me boy....princess is sick, shes got the flu give her some of grandma Davenports remedies and she'll be as healthy as a baby colt."

Cooter nodded, "Thanks for keeping an eye on her, Lori. I'll go up and check on her."

Dixie said from the stairs, "No need. SHE'S here! Ya'll are talking about me like I'm dead!"

"Sorry." Cooter said, "Are you Ok? Do you want to go see Doc?"

"I'm a bit better for now, let's just wait. Half the class went home before I ever called you today." Dixie said.

Lori smirked at Dixie, "Hey cousin I got something for ya,...."

Dixie looked at Cooter, "I'm really better now. I don't need any medicine."

Cooter looked at Dixie,"Ya sure?? cause Lori is gonna get Uncle Jesse and Daisy and lover boy over for supper and I dont think Luke'll like ya too much if ya look like that..."

Lori rolled off the couch laughing, the thought of her calling the Dukes for dinner just hit her,"I am??"

Cooter smiled,"AND your cooking...."Lori cussed!

Dixie could have choked her family right about now. "Oh you pick a time when I'm dying here to entertain! I really appreciate that! It's bad enough Bo's here. But I'll just get some Sprite and hopefully I'll feel better by the time they get here." Dixie shook her head. She didn't feel like fixing her hair or getting dress but she knew she at least had to put on a bra and TRY to look half way presentable!

Lori growled at Cooter and went in the kitchen to cook. She got on the phone while she cooked.

Luke answered it, Lori cussed at the grease that popped her unaware someone answered the phone,"YOU SON OF A BI***!!!"

Luke knew the voice immediatley,"What did I do now?"

Lori put a lid over the skillet,"Ohh Luke!!! I wasn't calling you that!!! Im sorry!!"

He nearly laughed but figured that would tick her off more,"Ok. What do you say we try this again? Duke farm."

Lori laughed and clanged and banged with some pots and pans,"Im cookin...and,"She pauded to cuss more at the chicken that wouldnt cooperate!,"Cooter wants you guys to come over..." She dropped the chicken and screamed in frustration!

Luke wasn't sure he heard her right,"Did you just say that Cooter wants 'us' to come over? Who exactly is us and WHY?"

Lori growled and washed the chicken off,"Now if I knew that I'd tell ya, US as in everyone of ya'll....please....im cookin and I dont wanna cook it for nothin just do it huh?" Lori added,"Please Luke.....just do it....if not for me or Cooter, for Dixie..."

"Ok, ok. What has Dixie got to do with this. She was suppose to meet me at the Boar's Nest later."

Lori sighed,"I really dont like talkin to you...on account of her....shes sick with the danged flu ok!"

"There is nothing says we can't talk Lori, unless Bo is still giving you a hrd way to go and is standing on top of you. I'll tell Jesse and Daisy. We'll be there. Tell Dix im coming over, if she's sick she don't need to try to be out anywhere." Luke said.

Lori sighed and sat down in the kitchen chair,"No he aint standing over top me hes actually outside with Cooter, actually theres alot that says we cant talk..."

"I'd love to hear it but IF you can't talk to me I don't know how I ever will!" Luke was pushing buttons and he knew it.

Lori growled,"Keep it up...."

"So are you going to tell me why we can't talk or do I have to figure that out on my own?" Luke asked.

Lori smiled,"Figure it out...you always were the smart one..."

Luke grinned but was careful not to laugh out loud,"I'll twll Jesse not to cook. And, we'll be over. Bye, since I can't talk to ya."

Lori giggled and shook her head,"dont mess with me Luke...I can still whip ya.."

Luke had to do it! "You and what platoon sarge? By the way can I talk to my girlfriend?"

Lori laughed,"Me and My OWN platoon PVT!! I dunno can ya?"

Luke reminded,"I had my own stripes when I got out Sarge, now put Dixie on please."

Lori sighed and smiled."Alright alright..."

She hollered up to Dixie,"Hey Dix pick up yer phone! Luke's on!"

Dixie........

Dixie was trying to fix her hair and about all that was going to happen was it would be in a ponytail! "Luke?"

"Yeah. How are you feeling?" Luke asked as he headed to the kitchen to make sure Jesse didn't start dinner.

"Better now. I was bad at school today. Ended up coming home second period." Dixie said.

Luke replied, "That's good that you are feeling better. Hear that everyone is coming down with a 24 hr bug. What is with Cooter wanting us, mainly ME, over for dinner?"

Dixie replied honestly, "I'm not sure I only caught parts of the conversation, but I'm glad you're coming over. Just don't expect too much I'm not a hundred percent here.

Luke replied, "I understand completely, don't worry about it. I'll even see if Jesse has soemthng to make you feel better."

"I'm good now, but I don't have anything on my stomach and I'm sorta afraid to eat anything." Dixie said.

Luke replied, "Well you got to eat something to feel better. I'll see what Uncle Jesse can come up with and we'll see ya in a bit."

Dixie replied, "Ok." She finished putting her hair in a ponytail and found a comfy jogging outfit. She noticed again as she put on her bra that she was really sore. Dixie didn't even attempt make up as she heard Daisy's car pull in.

Lori sighed as she saw Bo and Cooter walk in she was setting at the table as everyone else came pilling in. Lori got up and saw Luke hug Dixie and walk her to the kitchen table. Bo hugged Lori and lead her to the table, Lori sighed as everyone sat down. They all let Uncle Jesse do the honors and say grace then they all dug in, except for Dixie who watched Luke.

When everyone was done they all went to the living room and sat down. They all talked and gabbed, Lori walked in and just fell in the floor and laid down, they all looked at her like shed gone fruit loops. She sighed and stared at the ceiling. Luke got brave enough and asked,"Lori? What exactly are you doing?"

Lori sighed,"Im thinking..." Dixie nodded and raised her brow,"Bout what?"

Lori looked at her,"I dunno..."

Dixie nodded. Lori got up and looked at Luke,"You member that time when we were five I took those eggs and threw them at you?"

Luke smiled,"Yea...I had egg in my hair for weeks! I smelled bad too..."

Jesse smiled,"AND I tanned your hide..."

Lori winced and rubbed her behind,"Yea...I know...you did that alot too..."

Cooter laughed,"Member that time you and Luke were the first two to get thrown in jail?"

Lori laughed, Luke shook his head smiling,"Yea....weren't to fun when Jesse got ahold of us..."

Cooter nodded,"Yep...then I member when Lori and Dixie first met each other...."

Lori got wide eyed,"Yea....WW3 started...."

They all laughed. Bo, sat on the couch beside of Luke alone, Lori should have been with him....

Cooter looked at everyone,"Ya'll I wanted you guyd over to stop this arguing...I...I guess I can't stop two youngins when they're inlove..."

Lori rolled her eyes and sighed she did a back bed and looked at Cooter,"Why stop the fightin now?? don't ya know thats the only kinda relationship I got with those two..."

Lori nodded her head to Luke and Dixie who were holding hands on the couch.

Cooter looked at Lori,"Yea and I want ya'll to stop.."

Lori got stubborn."NO!"

Dixie replied,"Well at the moment I don't feel like fightin' my way out of a wet paper bag."

Lori laughed a bit sarcastically,"Cause ya can't."

"Not today I can't. Give me a day or two cuz!"

Cooter glared at them!

Lori nodded,"Ohhh gooodie!!!"

Jesse stepped in,"Kids! I think Cooter is on to something here! Ya'll have grown up and been everything from best friends to nearly brother and sister to, God help me, Lovers....ya'll need to let the baggage go!"

Lori stood up,"I aint lettin nothin go! I never could stand it here and I probably never will!" She stormed out.

Luke was setting on the couch with Dixie leaning against his chest. He smirked at Bo,"That's YOUR cue cousin. Been there done that, got that T-shirt!"

Bo looked at Luke,"I aint goin after her...shes as stubborn as a tenesse mule and I cant do a thing with her!"

"So you see what I meant by Lori was something you had to 'experience'? And, don't any of you look at me!" Luke said. He was content to set right there with Dixie.

Jesse sighed,"None of us can do anything with her Luke...only you can..BUT let her wean herself..."

Luke nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori meanwhile, went out to the barn and tacked up Traveller, she sighed and shook her head,she let out a ya! and away she went out through the backwoods, that lead to the secret Davenport Graveyard. Lori knew the shortcut.

Jesse had brought Dixie some homemade chicken soup and though she was feeling better with an empty stomach had ate some to make Jesse feel good. It had been really good going down, but the longer it set on Dixie's empty stomach the more her tummy flipped and FLOPPED!

Being that Luke was the closest to her he said, "Ya know Dix, when I get the flu I chill and run a fever. You are doing neither."

Luke's comments caused Jesse to start paying attention, but the only thing he could see was someone with flu sypmtoms, until Luke layed his arm over Dixie's shoulder hitting her more than tender breast.

Dixie not only said, "Owe!" But jumped away from Luke. "That hurt!"

Luke knew he hadn't touched her with any force that should have hurt her. "I'm sorry Dix." He said.

No one but Jesse paid them any mind.

Dixie tried to cover because she had NO idea why she was so sore, "It's Ok Luke."

It was getting late and the Dukes headed home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie was better the next morning and headed off to school as normal figuring it must have been a 24 virus, while Lori.......

While Lori was at the graveyard still setting beside her mother and her daughter. Lori read the name,"Caitlyn Marie Duke" then read her mothers name,"Crystal Gail Davenport..." She sighed and wiped her eyes, whenever Lori had a problem she went to go confide to her mother, somehow Lori could always hear her. She sighed, she was NOT going back to that house anytime soon. She got up and dusted off the tombstones, looking around she saw all the Davenports, before her. She saw her great grandma Lorraine and Cooters great Grandpa Jeeter. Lori sighed and untied Traveller from the tree, she climbed on and headed south. She really didn't know where she was going and really didn't care. These last few days she'd been aweful moody. Shes shook her head and rode on.

A few days had passed and Dixie was getting sick again. Cooter got worried and called the Dukes. Jesse had suspected pregnancy but wasn't sure. Cooter sighed and asked,"Jesse have you seen Lori? She aint been home in three days!"

Jesse replied,"No Cooter I haven't seen her since she walked out the other night at your house."

Cooter sighed,"Does the boys or Daisy know?"

Jesse suggest,"Why don't ya send Bo over here. I'm sure he and Luke together can find Lori. And you bring Dixie over for supper."

Cooter nodded and hung up. He got Dixie ready and headed out. He sighed as he looked at Bo who looked like a whipped puppy.

They pulled up and Luke waited for Dixie outside, he smiled to her and kissed her. He looked to Bo and threw him the keys to the General,"Lets go find her..."

Bo nodded and sighed, climbing in. Cooter looked at them and shook his head, those two cousins of his, he loved em, but they gave him one he** of a time.

Bo and Luke........

Bo and Luke pulled out in the General Lee.

Dixie watched them both go. She had to admit it peeved her that everyone 'knew' her boyfriend could fine her cousin when even Cooter and her own boyfriend couldn't!

It also bothered a certain blonde Duke boy too that everyone was so confident that Luke could find Lori when he himself had looked for her for three days!

Luke gave Bo directions to the Davenport family graveyard without tellinghim where they were going until they got there. Once they did, Luke was out of hte car and headed to Lori's mother's grave. He said, "She's been here."

Bo was hot! "Let me guess, cousin it's telepathy from beyond the grave telling you that!"

Luke was solumn as he said, "No, more along the tracks here. Small female foot prints and Travelers prints there." Luke followed the tracks and saw heading off away from the graveyard. "She's headed that way. Grab the General and circle around to this side. There is something I need to do."

Bo wasn't happy, but did as Luke asked. He pulled around to where the tracks headed off and waited. For a minute he was very suprised to see Luke kneel at a tombstone. Even from this distance he could tell Luke was crying. Bo realized and did not have to see the name on the marker to know it was Luke and Lori's daughter's grave. Bo's blood ran cold as ice as a chill ran down his back.

Luke finally stood, gathered his emotions and got in the General Lee, "That way." was all he said.

Bo nodded and took off in the direction where Luke said to go. Sure enough, there was Lori looking over a cliff. Bo swung the General Lee around and Luke got out. He walked over to Lori and sighed,"Lor....whats wrong?"

Lori looked at him and sighed, she got off and sat on a rock, Luke went over and sat by her, he didnt care about Bo. Lori looked at him,"Im...Im pregnant..." Luke was speechless. Lori continued,"I dont know if its yours or Bos Luke....."

Luke had been hit in the stomach many times pretty hard but nothing compared to Lori's words. He tried for several minutes for form of words but they didn't come out.Finally Luke asked,"Are you SURE?"

Lori nodded and drew her knees to her chest,"Yea Luke....I got the same symptoms I had with....Caitlyn...."

Luke was trying hard to think."You haven't seen Doc though?"

Lori sighed,"Yea...thats why I aint been home..." Bo was setting in the car he was MAD!

"50/50 shot whos it is right?" Luke asked already knowing the answer.

Lori nodded and looked away.

Luke nodded,"You might as well tell Bo too! He's settin over there stewing about what we are talking about. He's got to know sometime..."

Lori shook her head,"No...I dont want him to know...I dont care anymore.."

Luke said gently,"I visited my daughters grave. She won't hace a sister or cousin beside her!" Luke was addament.

Lori looked away,"Dixie is pregnant too...."

Luke looked at her like she was from Mars,"What? What are you talking about?"

Lori nodded,"Thats why shes sick so much...shes pregnant...."

Luke shook his head 'no,"Lori she had the flu."

Lori looked at him and shook her head,"No she didnt Luke im her danged cousin I know these things!"

Luke still wasn't buying Lori's idea about Dixie, but didn't want to argue. "Lori the point right here and now is you."

Lori shook her head,"Nahh I aint that important.."

"Lori lets go hom?" Luke said quielty.

Lori shook her head,"Home? no...."

"Where then? You name it, but I'm not leaving you out here." Luke said.

Lori sighed,"Luke....I wanna be left alone ok?? I aint in the brightest mood...I dont feel good..I just wanna be alone..."

"All the more reason for me not to leave you out here alone." Luke said.

Lori snorted,"Why do you care...aint you afraid Dixie'll get mad at you for being here with me?"

"She knows where I am, but right now I'm worried about you."

Lori laid her head down and sighed. The problem was, she KNEW Dixie was pregnant...She was sooo mad that her and Luke would have a perfectly healthy baby when her and Luke couldn't. Lori started crying.

Luke was a bit worried about Bo being pissed at him but he'd deal with that later too. Luke saw Lori break down and immediatley knew why. He whispered,"Caitlyn?" The look on Lori's face told him everything. He reached out and took Lori in his arms and let her cry.

Lori did her instinct from when him and her was dating and hugged him back. She looked up at him and nodded, then pointed to her stomach telling him she was afraid.

Luke held Lori and let her cry til she had nearly cried herself dry of tears. He finally bent down and picked her up without a word and carried her to the General Lee. Helping her in he only said,"Drive Bo."

Bo snorted and started the general up as Luke climbed on traveller. He smiled and rode on to the farm.

They all soon arrived. Lori sighed and climbed out looking down. Luke let Traveller go in the back forty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Jesse was busy questioning Dixie......

Dixie was wondering why all the questions from Jesse as they heard the General Lee pull up. Luke had let Traveler go and was at Lori's side before she could move. Luke swept her up in his arms and carried her past Cooter, Jesse and Dixie right to his and Bo's bedroom. He had grabbed the phone on his way by. The fact that he tucked Lori in his bed wasn't missed by anyone as called Maybelle and quietly asked to be put through to Doc. He was setting on the edge of the by Lori when Jesse walked in,"Luke?? What's wrong?? Is she alright???"

Cooter soon followed."Lukas...."

Luke held up his hand to quiet them, and said, "She's fine. I think." As he stood up and got to the door, he added, "Doc's on his way to be sure." Luke hoped Lori was asleep or didn't hear that part. It appeared that the stress of the past few days had caught up to her and she had fallen asleep as soon as she hit Luke's pillow.

Jesse looked at him and nodded as he shut the door,"Luke...tell me she ain't..."

Cooter was right beside Jesse, "Ain't what?"

Luke looked at Jesse and barely managed to say, "I wish I could tell you she ain't, but....."

Jesse held his hand up and pointed to the kitchen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Dixie and Bo were in the living room. Bo was past angry! Dixie wanted to know what was going on. "Bo what is going on?" She figured he should know since he'd been with Luke and Lori. At this point she wasn't even sure she had a boyfriend.

Bo cussed, "How the he** should I know your boyfriend stole my girlfriend.." He saw Luke come through and stood up, tenser than an attack dog and madder than a wet hen.

Dixie managed to get out, "Because YOU were with them!" before Luke came into the living room. She was standing between Bo and Luke and the tension between them was like nothing Dixie had felt before.

Jesse saw the hurt on Dixie's face along with the sheer anger on Bo's face. "Kitchen, now all of you." He said in a tone they all knew not to question. Jesse began by looking from Cooter to Bo, "Luke did what was asked of him. You both wanted Lori found, he did that. Now...."

Luke interupted, "Now, Luke would like to have a private talk with Dixie."

Dixie hadn't heard that tone from Luke ever and she was sure she didn't like it. She was sure he only wanted her alone to tell her he was back together with Lori.

Luke turned to the back door and opened it for Dixie, who was not at all sure she was ready for this conversation. Luke sighed as he looked at Dixie,"First off I want to say I like you ALOT....you're fun to be with and I love ya to death...but...."

Dixie concluded what she expected him to say, "But, I'm not Lori and you love her more?"

Luke shook his head 'no', "No, that wasn't anywhere near what I was going to say. For right now I want to talk about us, then I'll get to what happened with Lori." He paused and then continued, "I love ya to death, ..... but, ..... I need to know something and I need to know the truth about it now........"

Dixie was baffled at why Luke thought she wouldn't tell him the truth about anything. "Sure, Luke, I've never lied to you."

Luke nodded and tried to get up his nerve to ask this question. He looked her in the eyes searching for the truth in case her words said otherwise. After a deep breath he asked straight to the point, "Are you pregnant?"

Suprise was what he saw on her face, "What?" Dixie asked, "Why would you think that?"

Luke sighed and looked at her,"Dix....you've been sick and NOT runnin a fever and when I touched you three days ago you said ow and I barely touched you..."

Dixie said, "I had the flu. Everyone did, as for being sore I don't know why I am, but I can hardly dry my chest."

Luke really hated himself right now but needed to know. "When is the last time you ah had something?"

Dixie got his meaning. She thought about it. Truth was she had never kept up with it, but the more she thought the more she had to think about it! Her eyes grew big and she realized she couldn't remember, but it had been FAR too long, "Oh No!"

Luke asked, "The night at the lake. Has it been since then?"

Dixie barely whispered, "No."

Luke heard a car. It was Doc. Luke waited until Doc got almost to him and said, "Doc, I called you to check on Lori, but I think Dixie is going to be your first patient. Right Honey?"

Dixie nodded, 'yes' with tears in her eyes.

Doc said, "Well, I wasn't expecting a two for one special but what can I do for you?"

Luke rubbed her shoulders and kissed her lightly. "Thanks doc.." Luke added,"I need you to see if shes pregnant.."

Doc knew Luke Duke well and could see the tension in him, "Normally, I'd say we could do that in the office tomorrow, but I got the feeling you'd liek to know tonight?"

Dixie barely whispered, "Yeah, Doc, I think we need to know tonight."

Doc knew about Lori's previous loose of a child with Luke and based on Luke's expression he was nearly certain Luke was the man in question here, but years of being a country doctor had told him never assume anything. He looked from Dixie to Luke and asked, "You?"

Luke replied still rubbing Dixie's shoulders tenderly, "Yes, Sir."

Doc looked toward the house. "Do the others know about this?"

Luke shook his head no.

Doc looked at Dixie, "How old are you now Dixie?"

Dixie bit her lip before answering, "Sixteen."

Doc looked at Luke, "I can't do it tonight. I'll have to have Cooter's permission unless you two are married?" Doc was nearly certain tehy were not.

Luke swore to himself and said, "He's here. Give me a minute to talk to him." God how Luke hated what he was about to do, but there was no way around it. He opened the kitchen door and said, "Cooter can I talk to you out here a minute?"

Cooter came outside. Luke walked out away from Doc and Dixie. They were in the middle of the yard when Luke stopped, "Cooter we've been friends a long time and there is no easy way to say what I need to talk to you about, ....... Doc needs your permission to run a pregnancy test on Dixie........."

Cooter looked at Luke and turned red, then he looked at Dixie and the Doc. Cooter looked at Luke and wanted to kill him, he growled,"Do it...... I said let him do it...and I mean it....."

Doc knew this situation wasn't good. The four walked into the kitchen.

Jesse took one looke at Doc, Dixie, Luke and Cooter and.........

And Jesse shook his head, this was a mess that they had never ever had before. It topped them all!!! He looked to Luke,"Go to the livng room and set." He looked to Cooter,"You set in here....Bo you too...I want you both AWAY from Luke!!!"

Doc took Dixie to a room in the house and did an exam.

About an hour later he looked to everyone,"Would you like me to chekc Miss Davenport, I mean Lori, before I give you the news?"

Dixie looked at Luke her eyes wide,"Doc I'd like to know but could we do this in private?"

Doc looked ot Dixie,"Miss.....your underage...I have to tell the guardian as well.."

Luke was standing by her side,"Dix we may a swell know. It's not going to change anything."

Dixie nodded."You're right, Doc?"

Doc sighed," Its positive.."

Dixie turned into Luke's arms and buried her face in his chest holding on to him for dear life. Luke really wanted to hold her but saw Cooter and Jesse all looked down, Cooter cussed and looked at Dixie,"YOUR GONNA BE SHORT ONE BOYFRIEND!!!!"

Luke whined. He was dead and he knew it!

Doc nodded,"And the other miss Davenport?"

Luke sighed and sat Dixie on the couch. He went in and woke Lori up,"Lor...The doc's here....He needs to check you out."

Lori was a bit groggy but nodded. Doc walked in and nodded to Luke.

He went in to the living room and sat with Dixie.

An hour later Doc walked out as Lori laid in Luke's bed crying and balling. They all looked at Luke when the Doc yet again said,"Positive..." Bo opened his mouth up,"Well hey I was with her too!"

Luke nodded,"Yeah you were. I tried to get her to tell you thst atthe rock or those of you who are wondering, Bo and Lori were together one night I was with her the next. Fifty fifty odds right doc?" Luke asked in a tone of voice no one could place his modd other than possible shock.

Doc nodded,"Yep...when the baby is born you can have a DNA test ran."

Luke nodded and asked,"Doc before? do yuo know why she miscarried?"

Bo was mad that Luke was taking the lead in the conversation,"Don't ya think it's MY place to ask that?"

Jesse glared at the both,"Ni I think we all need to know and it doesn't matter WHO asked it Bo!"

Doc sighed,"Well Luke to be honest..her body was too young she wasnt ready.."

"Too young?" Luke barely whispered. He was now even more worried about Dixie.

Doc nodded,"More so she wasn't healthy."

Luke nodded. Cooter was seeing purple now. Doc nodded and left the house. Lori came out and headed straight out to get Traveller. When she caught him she took off on him.

Seeing Lori leave like that Luke was torn between Dixie and Lori. Until Dixie looked at him and said in total understanding,"Luke go after her."

Luke nodded and headed out the door after Lori. When he caught her half way down the road he stopped her,"LORI!!"

Lori stopped and looked at him,"Yea?"

Bo in the meantime was going off the deep end like Cooter, Jesse just shook his head at the two.

Catching up to Traveller, Luke grabbed the reins,"Lori, please come back. You know I can't take anything happening to your or 'our' baby."

Luke gave her that look, Lori had no choice but to go back, she sighed and pointed behind her,"He rides two come on.."

Luke climbed up and took the reins and headed away from the farm house making a large detour to the house. He felt Lori in his arms. It had been a long while since they had done this.

Lori looked back at him,"Luke...the house is the other way..." She had to admit though, she missed him alot!

"I know. It's been awhile since I rode Traveller. Lori I promise whatever comes along I'll make it work." Luke had No idea how he would but he would.

Luke whispered,"I know.."

Lori sighed and closed her eyes, leaning back some, when she found herself doing it she quickly pulled forward.

Luke felt Lori leaning back against him then suddenly pull away,"Lori relax. That's the point here."

Lori choked up,"Luke....I cant do this....da** I stilll love you and its hard for me....."

Luke knew how she felt,"I knwo Lori. Da** it I really do. You know I never stopped loving you or knew why you broke up with me. That's how this whole thing happened remember?"

Lori let the tears roll,"Please dont remind me...I broke up wit you because I wanted you to be with someone like Dixie..."

luke held Lori tight and said,"Well, ready or not it looks like I am, but I may still be with you, or I have to get used to seeing you with Bo. Guess we should be careful what we ask for huh?"

Lori nodded,"Yea....Ahhh he** Luke, me and Bo aint gonna last....I love him like a brother I just...I cant really see me and him together.."

Luke said,"I know that Lori, but there is a fifty fifty shot there that you may be 'attached' to Bo for the next 18 years." Luke choked up what he was thinking,"Lori I sorta hope they are both mine."

Lori sighed,"Luke...I dont want it to be anyones or even mine!! I dont wanna be pregnant again!! I will NOT marry someon I dont love!"

"Lori no one expects you to and IF they do send them to ME! But, for God's sake I can't see another tombstone that belongs to another of my children."

Lori cried a bit,"And you think I can?"

"No." He said honeslty,"Promise me we'll do everything WE can to make sure nothing goes wrong this time. Lori just let me think here and let me get used to this. If you don't want to raise the baby I will." Luke didn't want anyting to happen to Lori or the baby no matter who it's father was.

Lori sighed,"I never said nothing about me NOT wanting to raise the baby, he** I think itd be kinda cool to have a kid.. but Luke, if I have this kid and it is yours, then what? more thn likely I see you and Dixie together cause hey lets face it, you two look god together..."

"Well you did say you didn't want to be pregnant. It sorta worried me. Look for the next what 6-7 months I can't promise nothing to no one until we know something for sure." He hoped Cooter and Jesse understood that!

Lori nodded,"Need help for some defense? I mean alls I gotta do is stand infront of ya and no onewill touch ya..cept fer Dixie...cause she'd kill me..."

Luke shook his head no as he pulled Traveller up to the barn, He kissed the top of Lori's head and said,"She is the one who sent me out after you.."

Lori looked a bit shcoked and nodded to him she climbed down and left him tacked up. She sighed and looked at him, as they both entered the house.........

As Luke and Lori stepped through the door Bo jumped up and headed toward Lori. Luke shot him a tread easy look. He knew she was skiddish. He was glad Dixie was setting where she had been by the door in an overstuffed chair. He stood behind the chair and put his hands on her shoulders. He felt her relax at his touch.

Jesse looked to Lori who still had her head hung low as she sat at the kitchen table, he looked to Luke and then asked,"I take it you worked things out?"

Luke answered the only way he could, "Well, we're both back."

Jesse pointed to the living room,"GIT!"

Luke came closer into the living room where Jesse was pointing.

Jesse yelled,"I aint gettin any younger boy pick up your pace!"

Dixie winced at Jesse's tone.

Luke replied, "Yes, Sir." and did so!

Jesse nodded,"Now....this is a FIIIINE mess you four are in." He pointed a finger to all Dixie, Luke, Bo, and Lori.

Luke was a bit relieved to see that it wasn't ALL being layed on his back alone! The room was so quiet you could have heard a pin drop as they waited for Jesse to continue.

Cooter had been calm too long. "I for one want to see YOU and BO outside!"

Jesse looked at Cooter,"YOU HUSH AND WAIT COOTER!!!!"

Luke took a deep breath fully expecting it to be his last and opened his mouth....

Jesse pointed his finger right at Luke, "YOU don't want to say anything to me right now! I'm doing ALL I can do to KEEP this room from stringing YOU up by your TOES!" Jesse got his second wind and continued, "For about two cents I'd march in there and grab my shotgun and we'd go see Parson Brown, but I can't do that because YOU four don't have any idea who the father of at least one of the babies are! Just you wait til this gets around town!"

Lori looked down and looked up,"Permission to speak sir?"

"Ok, I think I'd like to hear this." Jesse changed his mind.

Lori looked in there at Luke and Bo and Dixie with eyes that said,"Help me....." She looked up at him and sighed, "I don't think it should matter if word gets out around town or not....As long as the boys help take care of the kids we should be fine..."

Jesse assured Lori and Dixie of that, "Ohhhhhhhh, believe ME, MY boys will do what it takes to make life as easy as possible for YOU BOTH until those babies are born. AND then the work begins for one or BOTH them!"

Bo and Luke exchanged looks.

Lori sighed, "Now Uncle Jesse sir, I mean you no disrespect...but go easy on em...try putting yourself in their shoes..."

Jesse pointed his finger at Lori, "I have been there! I have had my share of being young! BUT I was CAREFUL not to get myself or my girlfiends in such situations. MAINLY, " He glared at Luke, "BECAUSE I had ONE girlfriend at a time!"

Cooter asked again, "Now I we go outside, Uncle Mr. Jesse?"

Lori looked down,"Yes sir....But still...COOTER WOULD YOU SHUT UP AND STAY OUT OF THIS!!"

Cooter replied to Lori, "NO, I won't stay out of this!"

Jesse took a deep breath and tried to calm down, "Hold up here a minute. Now, Cooter I take it you are going to let Luke and Dixie see each other? But, as far as I am concerned, nothing will go on under MY roof until, if and when they are married."

Cooter was still wanting to hurt Luke and Bo, but he remembered his promise to Dixie about IF she became pregnant by Luke since he was over 4 years older than her. Cooter sighed,"Uncle Mr. Jesse sir, I can't stop him from seeing her, that'd be pure suicide!" Cooter added, "BUT, that don't mean I won't be dealing with the TWO of you!"

Jesse looked Cooter in the eye, "There will be NO such thing happening here!"

Cooter shot Bo and Luke a warning look that said he was tired of being messed with, then his eyes met Jesse Duke's eyes that held a warning that Cooter knew NOT to buck. He held Jesse's gaze for full minute before backing down and storming out!

Jesse looked at the clock it was getting late, yet he knew no one would be sleeping anytime soon. He didn't see sending the girls home alone or to deal with Cooter alone tonight. "Alright, you FOUR! Boys you two are sleeping in here, alone! And, Lori you and Dixie can have their room. AND, none of you want to cross me on this!" Jesse went to the kitchen to pour him some coffee.

Meanwhile in the living room, four sets of eyes were searching the others eyes for answers. Luke saw Bo's eyes and saw pure fear and insecurity. He knew Bo likely didn't want that sort of responsibility and also was about like Lori. They had both likely been out for a good time and it just may catch up with both them. But Luke could also see Bo being really defensive and even hostile because it apppeared to him that everone assumed Lori's child was Luke's. Luke looked at Lori and her feelings were a bit harder to read. He saw pure evil, hatred, scared, depression and he knew he was largely the reson for MOST of those feelings. Then, he looked at Dixie who had moved closer to him. They were currently setting together on the couch and Luke had his arm protectively around her. She was sixteen years old and carrying his child. He saw in her eyes a fear but it wasn't so much of the responsibility or impending motherhood, no he knew it was doubt. Luke kicked himself for putting that doubt there when he could also see the love and admiration the girl felt for him. Luke knew he was straddling a fence. He wasn't sure how he could assure both girls that everything would be ok, without causing the other to doubt his feelings. He knew he loved them both and also the children they carried, whether it was because one was his cousins or his.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cooter had headed straight to the Boar's Nest. When he walked in and ordered shine, Daisy knew something was wrong. She gave him a bit of time and space before she finally asked, "Cooter, Honey, what's eating at you?" He had already downed three drinks of shine.

Cooter looked at Daisy,"Your danged cousins and my baby sister AND my couisn..."

Daisy was afraid to ask. She knew the four were dating and had to admit it was a bit strange seeing them 'dating' after growing up with them as close as they all had been. Yet, for Cooter to be THIS upset something was up, she waited to see if he'd go on.

Cooter threw back another round of shine, "MY two are pregnant..."

Daisy's eyes went wide in suprise and she exclaimed, "Oh my gosh! Bo AND Luke are gonna be fathers?"

Cooter sighed,"Well Lukas is....maybe to both of the youngins...Lori aint sure WHO'S the daddy.."

"WHAT?" Daisy set down on the stool beside Cooter. The customers could wait!

Cooter nodded,"Yep.....Bo is ticked at him, cause you know as well as I do Daisy, Luke is the ONLY one of any of us that can get Lori to listen and cooperate. And that digs in Dixie's and Bo's skin to..." Cooter added, "He's already had to go after her twice today. Once when Bo or I couldn't find her and once when she took off on Traveler. He was gone longer than it took to get her to come back and EVERYONE knows that."

Daisy said, "Oh, my Lord! And I have to live with those two!" Meaning Bo and Luke. "Can't they tell with blood tests or something now who the father is?"

Cooter shook his head,"Nope...gotta wait til the youngin is born..."

Daisy shook her head, "Coot, that farm ain't gonna hold those two."

Cooter thought, the wheels were turning in his small brain. He'd get Rosco to take Luke. He wasn't thinking right, he was a bit tipsy. He nodded to Daisy and agreed. He downed another round of shine and finally said with a bit of a slur, "I gotta go."

Daisy shook her head as she saw him weave just a bit on his way to the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cooter was almost to his truck when Rosco pulled in. He walked toward Rosco who saw him stagger a bit.

Cooter looked at Rosco, "You are always so eager to arrest a Duke. You want your chance?"

Rosco looked at Cooter, "Your drunk?"

Cooter replied, "I'm alot more sober that Hobbie is on a bad day. You want Luke Duke in prison or me for being drunk?"

Rosco smiled,"Jit jit!! Im always happy to get a Duke!!"

Cooter was slurring just a bit more as the shine was hitting him. He wasn't thinking of the consequences of his statements to Rosco, "Luke Duke's over four years older than my sister who is sixteen. Doc just confirmed she's pregnant. Luke's taking responsibility."

Rosco smiled,"Khee Khee!!! im gone!!! thats a naughty naughty....see thats illegal and...khee khee I just love it! Rosco took out the door to go and get Luke Duke!

Jesse Duke was setting in his chair in the living room. Luke and Dixie were setting on the couch talking quietly. Lori was in the kitchen and Bo was pacing a hole in the floor when he heard a car pull in and looked out the window. "Ah, Uncle Jesse that's Rosco!" That one sentence got everyone in the room's attention.

Rosco knocked on the door and opened it when no one got up,"Jesse I'm here to arrest Luke! Cooter is pressing charges against him on account of Miss Dixie."

He saw Luke get up and sigh, Luke had been expecting this visit since Cooter found out he and Dixie were intimate, but expecting it and it actually happening were two different things. He walked in there to Rosco and held his arms out.

Rosco clapped the cuffs on him and smiled leading him out.

Lori looked at Dixie and then to the car and smiled...

Dixie had known it was possible for Luke to be arrested, but she really didn't believe Cooter would press charges agianst him. She had expected Cooter to handle it between the two of them and not involve the law. She Lori smile and it went all over her. She asked in disbelief, "You really think it's funny?"

Lori looked at Dixie and grinned widely,"It ain't funny....but I gots me an idea.." She had that twinkle in her eye that meant they ALL would get in trouble!

Jesse sternly advised, "Lori, now you just better not be thinking of causing any trouble. We's got us enough going on here. Now, I'm heading to bed and ya'll need to do the same think. Can't none of us help Luke tonight."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke stepped into the cell and the sound of the door locking bothered him a lot more tonight than it had before. Not only was he locked away from his family, Dixie, even Lori, but he was here compliments of his best friend in the world and he was a guilty as sin!

As everyone went to bed Lori sat out on the proch, she stared up at the night sky and saw the brigthest star. Bo didn't go out to her because he didn't feel like he should mess with Jesse and he didn't want to aggravate Lori more.

Lori thought,"If I can get down to the jail in a day or so...I can bust him out..

1. because i can

2. cause Cooter will regret it

3. Because he can't support Dixie behind bars.

Lori sighed as she heard Jesse step out,"Come on Lori....bed..." Lori sighed and shook her head,"I think i'll sleep in the barn sir..." She got up and headed out to the barn. Jesse saw Bo lready asleep, he watched Lori carefully. He began to worry some for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That next morning Lori saw Cooter pull back in. She got up and stepped off the porch,"COOTER DAVENPORT!!"

Cooter winced and looked at her,"What??!"

She snorted,"You had Luke put in jail??"

Cooter sighed and looked bewildered,"I did??"

Lori shook her head confused,"Yea...you don't member...Cooter were you drunk?"

Cooter grinded his teeth,"Yea....bad..."

Loti cussed and screamed at him! Now, that was enough to wake the dead. Everyone got up and looked out the door. Lori explained to them. They all wanted to KILL COOTER!!

Jesse got everyone in the kitchen to eat breakfast. The day started off normally.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke........

Luke had really began to get a false since of hope in the past couple weeks since Cooter had found out about him and Dixie. He had to wonder 'Why' and 'Why now?' Surely he could see that Luke could be more of a benefit to Dixie and Lori if he were home and working to take care of them, finincially, emotionally and physically. Luke hadn't slept he'd been up all night trying to figure this out. Trouble was he saw no solutions and the only conclusion he was coming up with was he was going to prison.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori had already had her say where Cooter was concerned, but the usually quiet Dixie hadn't!

Cooter looked at Dixie and started to tell her it was time to go home, "Dix..."

"NO one calls me that but Luke. Cooter I hate YOU and IF you know what's good for you, you'll leave me be!" Dixie walked back toward Bo and Luke's room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesse.........

Lori rolled her eyes adn yelled,"GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE DIX AND STRAIGHTEN UP!!! COOTER DIDN'T MEAN TO AND I GOT A PLAN OF GETTIN HIM OUTTA THERE GOO GOD!!!!!"

Jesse looked at Lori and sighed,"Now Lori..."

Lori held her hand up and grabbed the wrecker keys from Cooter. She sighed and climbed in pulling out.

When she arrived at the jail, it was already getting dark. Lori pulled the wrecker out front and sighed. She walked in and saw that Enos had his back turned towards her reading a bugs bunny comic book. Rosco was home with Flash more than likely. Lori smiled and tippy toed down the stairs. She saw Luke and grabbed the keys from the wall. "Hush and don't say anything Luke...Now, I got this all figured out I just need you to cooperate with me."

She quietly unlocked the door and and watched him, shutting it back she hung the keys back on the wall. As they walked back up Lori saw Enos sound assleep. She smiled and motioned for Luke to come on but be quiet!! Luke nodded and ran across the room quietly with her. They ran outside and got in the wrecker, Lori pulled out and headed for home.

Luke looked at Lori,"What makes you think Rosco isn't going to pick ud both up?"

Lori shrugged,"Look Like I care?"

"You should care." He said," Why would you risk all this to come get me?"

Lori looked at him,"Luke...you know why....and, because you need to bwe OUT of jail to support Dix.."

"Well, now I agree about Dixie, but tell me why YOU came after me?"

Lori sighed,"Cause im the only one stupid enough to.." She was avoiding it all the way around!

Luke looked at he for several minutes before saying,"You're sure it's mine? Why?"

Lori looked at him,"This aint got a thang to do with the baby Luke..."

"Yes it does. Bo did something ro didn't do somethng.....you are convienced, but why?"

Lori slammed her fist on the wheel,"DA** IT LUKE I TOLD YA IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH MY BABY!!!"

"Ok so why do you care if I go to prison. He** I figured you'd be on the band wagon and beating Roasco's door down tot ell him I committed a felony. You should hate me, but you came and rescued me."

Lori nodded and drove on,"I told ya time and time afore Luke..how many da** times do I have to profess my love to you!"

Luke nodded,"Thanks Lori and you know I'll always love you too. I just really hope this doesn't blow up in your face."

Lori looked at him,"How so?"

"This may be Hazzard, but you know Rosco. I am a felon and you just committed a felony by breaking me out. NOT to mention we are both on probation!" Luke could think out at least a hundred reasons why she shouldn't have done what she did. He was da** glad to be out. He just hoped they both could stay that way.

Lori shook her head and looked at him,"Aint nothing we cant handle hotstuff."

Luke nodded."And what did Jesse say about this?"

Lori kinda laughed,"Wel he uh...he was gonna object...but I uh...took off.."

Luke grumbled as they turned up the drive way,"Jail may have been safer."

Lori looked at him,"I can always take ya back.."

Luke got sorta plae,"You don't have to Darlin' Rosco is waitin to do just that!" He pointed to the patrol car setting by the farmhouse.

Lori squealed the truck to a stop"Ohhh sh**!!!!!!" She backed it up spitting dirt,"Name the place and we'll go!"

Luke said for starters,"ANYWHERE but HERE!!"

Lori nodded and turned the truck around heading back down the road. She smiled seeing the llights far off in the distance. She smiled and took a small rough and bumpy trial leading to Eagle Point. She sighed when they reached the top out of sight. "DA** THAT WAS CLOSE!"

Luke had walked back to make sure that Rosco hadn't seen them. When he came back he was finally sble to breath more normally for the moment,"Close? Yeah! It was! Now what?"

Lori shurgged,"Well the way I figure it Rosco is gonna stay on the CB to listen for us...we gotta give them a signal some how that we're ok and fine and we need help! til then I think we bes stay here...I aint to sure.."

Luke agreed,"Yeah. I was thinking the same thing."

Lori smiled and got the CB covering it with her handkercheif,"This heres american EAGLE calling to everyone on the Hazzardnet to let you know rom the POINT Im at right now, the breeze is fine and the feeling you get is fine...anyone wanna HELP US OUT HERE??!!!"

Lori emphasized on words to let the others know they needed help. Jesse got on the CB,"This heres Shepherd read ya loud and clear...We'll help ya soon as we can 10-4 im gone..."

Lori smiled and put the CB down laughing.

Luke.........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Dixie and the others was confused............

Luke grinned at Lori, he unlike the others caught her message as did Jesse. "Good one! Wonder where you learned that?" He knew she had heard him make such calls when he was running shine.

Lori smiled, "Like everything else, you taught me."

Rosco had taken his smart pills and doubled back. He had his gun on them and yelled, "Ok, YOU TWO, Freeze it right there!"

Lori had jumped in the driver seat as Luke jumped on the back of the wrecker as she pulled out QUICK! By the time Luke managed to get in the front of the wrecker he saw two things: The County line that neither could cross and Sheriff Big Ed Little waiting on the other side! Right as he heard Rosco's transmission....................

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesse explained, "They are at Eagle Point and are fine. They want us to meet them there." Jesse turned to Cooter. "You know if you push this with Luke Rosco is also going to lock Lori up?"

Cooter nodded and sighed,"I didn't mean to get him in there in the first place!!"

Jesse stated, "Well, how are YOU going to convience Rosco of that?"

Cooter winced,"Can I ask Luke or Lori that...theys the brains of the operation!"

Before Jesse could answer they all heard Rosco's transmission.................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This is Hazzard Sheriff, ROSCO P. COLTRANE. I have two fugitives heading toward the County Line! Both are on probation. Lukas Duke is an Escaped Felon. Lorane Davenport is wanted in connection with the ESCAPE!"

NARRATOR: Don't that fry your taters??

Lori cussed and stopped the car right at the county line, it ticked Sheriff Big Ed off bad cause he couldnt get them!!!

Rosco looked at them and laughed. He stopped and got out,"Alright you two just freeeze it!!!"

Lori looked at Rosco,"Rosco we're already froze you and that peace shooter danged near scared the tar outta us!!"

Rosco growled,"You hush!!"

Lori looked at Luke and threw her hands up,"I tired!"

They climbed out and walked to the patrol car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rosco arrived at the jail, Jesse, Daisy, Cooter, Bo , and Dixie all there waiting. They all started on Rosco as the two got out, heads hung low, they walked in.

Rosco looked at them,"JIT!!!" And shut and locked the jail door!!

He booked the two and took them downstairs placing them in the cells.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Cooter sighed,"Ya'll I need my truck..."

Dixie and Bo looked at each other......

Jesse looked at Cooter, "No, YOU need to go with me. Come on." Jesse was an old fishing buddy of Judge Drutton he HOPED that there was a couple big favors he could call in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Downstairs Luke looked at Lori who was pacing like a caged tiger. "I knew I shouldn't have let you get me outta here."

Lori pointed to him,"You hush! I told ya I did that for ME and well...Dixie too....its my own fault..."

"No, now we are both in deep sh--!" Luke said, "And, I'm no closer to Dixie than I was before."

Lori looked at him and sighed, "You ain't???"

Luke looked at her confused, "No, I ain't unless you see something I don't. I see me locked in a steel cage."

Lori shook her head,"Shut up.... And turn around, Luke."

Luke looked confused as he did what Lori told him. Coming down the the steps wsa Dixie and Bo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It took awhile for Jesse and Cooter to explain the situation to Judge Drutton. Jesse also reminded him of a couple events that had between them and there was mention of a bear trap. Cooter wisely didn't ask about the incidents.

In the end Judge Drutton explained his situation, "Jesse I'll have to hear the cases, but I have a lot of lee way in the way I can sentence them. Go home and don't worry I'll get it taken care of this week."

Outside Cooter asked, "How are we supposed to not worry?"

Jesse replied, "He said he'll take care of it and he will."

Knowing no more they felt it best to keep quiet about the visit until after the hearing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the jail,

Back at the jail Dixie looked to Lori,"Some plan there cousin!!" Lori ran at the bars,"IF THESE DANGED BARS WASN'T HEAR ID RANG YOUR DANGED JAWS OFF!!!!!!"

Dixie smirked and went to Lukes cell. they cuddled and did all this mushy stuff. Bo looked at Lori,"You dont love me do ya Lor?"

Lori looked at Bo,"Ahhh he** Bo I do as a brother and always have I just aint as more than that.....Im sorrry..."

Bo smiled and nodded, truth was he really liked Lori and always had. He never told her cause he knew she was too love struck for Luke. It hurt Bo.

Lori went to her bunk and sat on it.

The four talked amongst themselves about how Lori and Luke were gonna get outta this one.

~~~~~~

Jesse and Cooter.......

Jesse and Cooter returned to the jail and told them they had seen Judge Drutton, who said he'd have to hear the cases and even if Cooter didn't want Luke charged with being with Dixie he'd still have to hear the Escape charges.

Jesse watched Luke with Dixie. He could tell that Luke's actions were guarded at best which was likely do to the fact that Cooter had wanted him arrested for being with his sister, but Jesse felt it was more likley because Lori was close by. Jesse could tell something had come between Bo and Lori not that he hadn't thought they were an unlikely match to begin with, but he couldn't help be wonder what would happen if she were pregnant by Bo and not Luke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Judge Drutton heard the cases the next day. He managed to lecture Luke and Lori long and hard. He told them exactly how much trouble they coud be in and Rosco's mouth was watering as they both plead guilty to the charges. Judge Drutton told them that he had been informed of 'extinuating circumstances' and had decided to sentence accordingly, reminding them that any such 'stunts' in the future would NOT be handled the same way. He also stressed to the two to pass the word to family and friends that this was a one time break to them all. He then sentenced them both to ten days in jail with credit for the time since Rosco had picked them both up at the County line and then he added another year to the probation time they were already serving.

Judge Druttone knew what the others did. Luke and Lori had both been in and out of jail before and likely would continue but they could both do the rest of the ten days 'standing on their heads'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the jail after court...............

At the jail after court Lori sighed as the door to her cell was locked. She looked at Luke and laughed. Luke looked at her, and as if to read her mind, knew what she was thinking, he laughed with her. The others looked to them like they was crazy! Lori looked at them and smiled,"We's just thinking bout the time we got thrown in jail, Me and him was at the Boar's Nest, Just came from a game..

**FLASHBACK**

Luke looked at Lori as they pulled up to the Boar's Nest. "Some game huh babe?"

Lori smiled and nodded. They climbed out and went in, Lori was wearing aminiskirt as she sat on one of the barstools. Who should wonder by but Ernie Ledbetter, Lori sighed as Ernie walked towards her. Luke landed him one before the poor ole boy knew what was coming. Lori laughed and jumped in there helping Luke. When, all should go well, Rosco walks up in behind them and claps them together."JIT JIT!! I GOTCHA!!!" Lori looked at Luke and then to Rosco,"This can't be good..." Luke said a bit worried that his Uncle would find out. Lori nodded an dmsiled, she got an idea. She looked to Luke and took Rosco's hand and flipped him! Luke and Lori made a run for it! They made it to the lake where things got heated, and as you'd know it Rosco showed up, he looked in and looked away quickly! When he gave them about a minute or so to get dressed he pulled them out and cuffed them once more! Now, carefully watching Lori he lead them to the car and drove to the jail.

Rosco drove them to the jailhouse, and as the first Davenport and first Duke, they were booked in put in the holding cells below. Lori looked at Luke through the bars. Rosco handed Luke the phone. Luke sighed and called Uncle Jesse. Lori leaned through the bars and talked as well they both said in unison,"Uncle Jesse....we're in jail...."

You could hear Jesse yelling at them a mile away that next morning. Luke and Lori told Jesse their charges and as he bonded them out he cursed,"You teo are the FIRST two to get put in jail!!!" Lori smirked,"Probably wont be the last either..." When they got home Jesse gave them a good whipping....

**PRESENT DAY**

Lori looked at Jesse who was smiling. He took the bunch up the stairs and looked back over his shoulder,"You two behave..."

Lori and Luke looked at each other and laughed! Jesse chuckled softly to them and ahook his head.

As Bo and Dixie got home with the others those two set on the couch talking.......

Dixie and Bo hadn't 'talked' like this in years. Daisy was at work, Luke and Lori were in jail and Jesse figured it could do them both some good as he headed to bed.

Dixie asked Bo, "Remember the first time we talked like this?"

Bo did, "Yeah we ended up sleeping in here. It was teh first time Luke and Lori went to jail."

Dixie said, "Yeah and look at us now what two years later and here we are again and there THEY are!"

Bo heard the frustration in her voice, "Dixie he's not going anywhere."

Dixie had tears in her eyes, "Bo how do you KNOW that?"

"Luke has been crazy over you for awhile now. I seen him want you and wouldn't act on it until after your birthday which I guess he figured was your 18th from what he told me. He had said no one would understand or approve and he KNEW better than to even bring it up to anyone, even you, until you was 18. I didn't know how, ..... um, .... close you two were until it ws too late. Course I'm not sure I'd had figured out there was that much age difference either. You act older." Bo explained.

"I do not!" Dixie said. "Bo what are you going to do if Lori's baby is YOURS?"

Bo sighed,"Well Dixie...I don't know....If it is I'll take care of it whether she wants me to or not...I like her alot Dixie...but she just won't open her eyes and see it.."

Dixie put her hand on her tummy, "Bo I want NOTHING in this world more than to be with Luke and have his child ......." She was quiet. Too quiet for a long time before she was able to get past the lump in her throat, "But I'm SO DA-- SCARED I'll loose him to Lori and end up raising this child alone."

Bo looked to Dixie,"I honeslty would like to tell you that you won't lose Luke to Lori, but I can't.... But I know that you will NEVER raise the child alone, come he** or high water Luke will help you raise it.."

"Bo you see them together! You and Cooter looked for her three days and he found her in WHAT two hours?" Dixie was really frustrated.

Bo nodded, "Yea...but Dixie ya gotta think, those two have been through he-- together and, as bad as I have to tell you, they both love each other..."

Dixie nodded and said quietly, "I know that Bo. I know that. That is what makes THIS all so da-- hard. That baby she is carrying COULD be his or yours, but he will worry about her until he knows cause of Caitlyn" She saw the look on Bo's face and gave him a weak smile, "Yeah, Bo, I know about them loosing daughter."

Bo nodded and smiled. So they did talk and not connect for only sex. Bo sighed and looked at Dixie,"Don't tell Jesse or Cooter...not even they know..."

"I know. I also know he was at the grave the day ya'll went after only to find out that I'm caryinghis child and Doc had to tell him it was largely due to Lori being 'too young'." Dixie was quiet for several minutes before adding, "Bo I'm nearly a year younger than Lori was. What do you think that does to Luke?"

Bo sighed,"Worries the he** outta him.."

Dixie nodded, "Yeahhhhhhhh, I know it does! and I can't make it better!"

Bo nodded.

Dixie barely whispered barely able to speak around the lump in her throat, "Bo he was my, ....... first......."

Bo nodded and put a reassuring arm around her,"I know darlin' I know..."

"YOU know how this is going to spread in school! He--, Bo through town! How can I go back to school?" Dixie whimpered.

Bo looked at Dixie,"Same way Lori did, you hold your head up high and be proud.."

Dixie nodded, "I'd like to do nothing more Bo and I am proud to have his child! But, once the rumors get out YOU know everyone is only going to enforce my doubt about Luke and Lori and on a bad day I don't know if I can handle that!"

Bo sighed and shook his head,"I aint gonna fight with you over it..."

Dixie said, "Bo I'm not trying to fight here at all. It's just that you are all gone and I'm still in school and you know how they are."

Bo sighed,"Ya got Coy there.."

Dixie smiled weakly, "Yeah I do don't I? I nearly forgot about him. Bo I want to tell the world I'm Luke's girl and having his child but I can't help worrying about loosing him."

Bo sighed,"Dix...just hush about it... and come here, huh?" he added "Your startin to sound like a broken record.." as he wrapped his arm around her as she hugged him so tight Bo thought he'd smother, but it wasn't long until he felt her relax and knew she was asleep........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesse Duke the family patriot dressed and headed for the kitchen to start a new day. What he saw stopped him dead in his tracks! There was Bo and Luke's pregnant girlfriend wrapped arm in arm, though fully dressed, setting on his couch in his living room while Luke and Lori (Bo's pregnant girlfriend -- or Jesse hoped her child was Bo's) were together in jail! Jesse .........

Jesse shook his head and sighed,"Dear god Help me.." BO!!!"

Bo opened his eyes sleepily and as he stretched he hugged Dixie tighter, which was NOT missed by Jesse, "Yes, Sir?" he answered not realizing it was Dixie asleep on his chest.

Jesse grabbed his ear,"BOY!! ILL TAKE YOU TO THE WOODSHED!!!"

Bo's eyes flew open at Jesse's words, "What? What did I do? Why?"

Jesse asked, "BOY! What in Sam's Hill is going on? I know you and Luke are close but this beats ALL I ever seen!"

Dixie stirred at the raised voices.

Jesse looked at him,"GET UP AND GET DRESSED GO DO THOSE DERNED CHORES!!"

Dixie moved as Bo tried to get up. They both answered, "Yes Sir!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesse left early to go see Luke and Lori since he had to get supplies. He quietly made his way down the stairs, what he had seen with Bo and Dixie bothered him and he wanted to see just what was up with Luke and Lori. Jesse stopped dead! There were four bunks in two cells and Luke and Lori were sleeping beside each other with ONLY Bars between them! but what bothered him was Luke's arm was between the bars and around Lori!!!! Jesse .........................

Bo gently moved Dixie to the end of the couch and got a blanket and covered her up. He smiled at her and shook his head.

He went out and did the chores coming back in to see Dixie awake..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the jail when Jesse saw Luke's arm around Lori he yelled,"NO! I WAS WRONG BEFORE THIS BEATS ALL I'VE EVER SEEN!!!"

Luke jumped up and saw his arm around Lori, and Lori as happy as a lark snoozing away. He gently removed his arm and looked at Jesse,"We talked and went to sleep I swear!"

Jesse pointed his finger at him,"Boy...you better be glad these bars are here....."

Luke.....

Luke was looking at Jesse still confused at why he was so mad about him putting his around Lori in his sleep. "Uncle Jesse nothing happened. Enos is ten feet away. Ask him if you don't believe me."

"Luke, YOU and BO, had da-- well, decide WHICH Davenport girl ya'll want!" Jesse huffed.

"Me and Bo?" Luke asked. Most everyone may think he wa pretty smart but NOT when he's just been woke up after little sleep. He had never gotten used to sleeping in jail. One may think he was used to being there as much trouble as he and Bo got into. Adding to it their usual willingness to jump into situations they may leave them behind bars one may also think that it didn't bother either one of them or Lori for that matter, but the truth was it bothered all of them far more than they would ever admit to anyone but maybe each other. The fact that they were bothered by being locked up usually surfaced more at night and therefore Luke nor Lori had actually been asleep that long.

Jesse nodded,"Thats right I walked in the living room this morning and Bo and YOUR girlfriend was arm in arm!"

Though Luke figured they had been in about the same situation he and Lori was in and that it was as innocent, the fact bothered him. He hadn't been there. He hoped he was conviencing but was unsure who he tried to convience more, Jesse or himself, "It was likely nothing."

Jesse looked at Luke and smiled a fake smile,"Likely nothing...bout as Likely nothing as you and Lori!!!!" Jesse seen the doubt in Luke's expression.

Luke knew Jesse could read him like a book, "We have all always been close, Uncle Jesse, ou know that. They were probably just talking like we were until late."

Jesse nodded,"Uh huh...whatever you say.."

Luke said, "Besides 'anything' else we are friends, nearly family........"Luke got quiet and said much lower, "Well, til Cooter turned on me."

Jesse sighed,"He didn't turn on ya Lukas!!! He pressed those charges cause he was drunk he regrets it now!"

Luke sighed as he looked at the bars around himself, "Course I guess he had a reason or two to be pissed at me, huh?"

Jesse looked at him,"Ya think?"

Luke just looked at the floor.