Whiskey, Dukes, and Uncle Sam

LoriDavenport

Lori sighed as she sat behind bars in the Hazzard County jail. Boss Hogg had swindled her into running shine for him, once more. This time, he caught her and sent Uncle Sam on her. She scratched her head and sighed leaning back against the wall. She had already had her court hearing and had 2 years probation, now she waited out her days in the cell til the end of the month, she'd done and spent 60 days in here before her court hearing happened.

Luke walked down to see her as Enos was on duty. He sighed and looked at her,"How many times did I tell you..you keep this up and you'd get caught...now your in the same boat as me and Jeb and Bo was."

Lori rolled her eyes,"And how many times have I told you I can look out after myself...." Lori and Luke were dating BEFORE she got caught running the shine, when she got caught they argued about it for awhile and she decided, as she watched her youngest cousin, Dixie, make passes at Luke or tried. Lori, having a change of heart for once, broke up with Luke and decided to let Dixie have a go with him. She sighed,"Dixie ever talk to you?"

Luke nodded,"I let her go on a couple tow jobs with me and stuff we been to the Boar's Nest and all why?"

Lori shook her head,"No reason..." Luke nodded and sighed,"Well...I guess im going to go now and help Jesse and the others at the farm." Lori nodded,"Alright...tell Dix to come see me..."

Luke nodded, as he left Lori sighed and laid across the bunk......

Dixie..........

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dixie was a bit upset at Lori setting in jail, but she took it as a chance to talk to Luke without Lori around. See though she was younger, Dixie had a real big crush on Luke.

Luke had given her the message to go see Lori and that she did....

Lori laid stretched across the bed, when she heard those familiar footsteps she looked up and saw Dixie. She sighed and raised up scratching her head,"Hey cousin.."

"I saw Luke at the garage. He said you wanted me to stop by. ....... Here I am." Dixie said.

Lori nodded,"You understand why I broke up with Luke right?"

Dixie sighed and said, "Lori, sometimes it's hard to know if you two are together or apart. Ya'll break up and get back together so much. What's the reason THIS time?"

Lori replied,"You."

"Me?" Dixie asked in disbelief, "Me? You have got to be out of your mind. You broke up wth your boyfriend of how long because of ME? Do tell Cousin?"

Lori sighed,"You like him don't ya?"

Dixie replied, "Ah, .......yeah, ........ along with all his cousins and along with allthe other girls in Hazzard. Why allof a sudden are you backing off cause someone likes 'your' man?"

Lori shurgged,"Aint doin me no good settin in here..I'll always love him, but if you really love something enough..you gotta let it go...go for it go get Luke..."

Dixie said, "Lori, you will only be here a few more days. I go after him now. What's the point? You'll just sweep him away when you get out."

Lori shook her head,"No I wont Dixie...you can have him...."

Dixie asked, "So what's the catch? I've seen you go to jail for fighting someone who looked his way? What's this about Lori?"

Lori shurgged,"Do you want him or not Dixie???? If ya don't then he** I'll go get him....but if you do GO GET HIM!!!"

Dixie looked at Lori, "Lor you are serious? Ok, what happens when I do go after him? IF he gives me a second look and tehn you get out--- Can you REALLY take seeing us together?"

Lori smirked,"If I get you two hooked up....I want you to do me one thing....Dont listen to what everyone says...it dont matter if you look good together or not what matters is if you two love each other.."

Dixie had just had a birthday an thought she was older she wasn't sure Luke would give her the time of day, "Lori, do you really think he'd even look at me?"

Lori leaned against the bars,"Whats the difference tween me and you...sides the age and experience..."

Dixie looked at her older cousin. She was better built, more experienced, and everything Luke Duke wanted. Dixie said, "Lori, should I go after him, because you told me to, I don't want him coming between us."

Lori shook her head,"He won't cousin....just give it a try ok?"

Dixie cautioned, "Ok, but I intend to play for keeps, cousin, with you or anyone else that comes along."

Lori sighed and nodded,"Alright....just go fer it already!!!"

Dixie nodded, "Ok Cousin. Just remember you gave me the 'go ahead'."

Lori nodded and sat on the bunk as Dixie walked up the stairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie went home and cleaned up. Once she walked into the garage where Luke was under the hood of the General Lee. Hearing someone come into the garage he figured it to be Cooter, "Hey, Coot had me a 3/8's socket."

Dixie said, "Well, I ain't Cooter, but I'll get the socket."

Luke looked up at the voice and nearly hit his head on the hood of the car. Dixie was dressed in a very short leather skirt and halter top. Luke's eyes nearly popped out of his head. "Never mind Dix. I got it. You don't need to get dirty. WHat's the occassion?"

Dixie tried to act a bit innocent, "Occassion? Just felt like dressing up. Tired of being Cooter's 'little sister'. Ya know?"

Luke nodded,"Ahhh I see...raided Lori's closet huh? I know it aint none of my buisness but what did she want to talk to you about?"

Dixie replied, "No, actually I've had this. I was just waiting on a chance to wear it. As for Lori, let's just say it was girl talk, huh?"

Luke nodded. "Girl talk huh? hummmmm?"

Dixie asked, "Ya'll aren't dating right now are you?"

Luke sighed,"Nahh we ain't...I don't know anymore Dix...when it does work right she leaves me...I don't know what her problem is..."

Dixie nodded, "So ever think of dating anyone else?"

Luke replied, "Well, about anyone I'd like to is afraid of Lori, knowing our past."

"I know someone who isn't afraid of Lori and who has wanted to go out with you for years." Dixie said. She wasn't at all sure she could do this but she had thirty days to try this without Lori being there to compete with..

Luke asked, "Who?"

Dixie replied, "Me."

For several long tense minutes she and Luke stood looking at each other. Luke looked at the young girl who had to his knowledge celebrated her 18th birthday. She looked a lot older that 18 standing there before him. He.........

He smiled and nodded,"That so?" He shok his head and went back to work,"Meet me at the Boars Nest then?? later for a beer?"

Dixie was trembling as she relied, "Sure. Sounds good."

Later that evening.............

Later that evening Luke was tidied up and neat. He took the keys to the General and smiled to everyone, heading out to the Boar's Nest with Bo. Bo wanted to drive, but gosh darn it....Luke wouldnt allow it...

When they got there to the Boars Nest Luke smiled as he saw Dixie and some more women too...like, some of his exes. He was sure glad Lori was behind bars cause he could think of reasons that those girls wouldnt be livin right now.

He sighed and walked over to Dixie,"Hey Dix...man you look pretty tonight darlin'" He said with a wink and flashed his smile.

Dixie...........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Lori sat in the cell and thought about what she done. She worked hard to get him since Amy stepped in and when she left the sad look Luke had. Lori just shook her head and smiled,"Boy Lor...things that'll make ya change..."

See, when she was put on probation it kinda shortened her chain some and well she figured itd do her no good, she had no where to run now. She sighed and scratched her head some more thinking. She could get out right now if she wanted too... But, she figured it be better she stayed behind bars, cause as soon as she was free she was gonna show em all how to raise he** in Hazzard!

Dixie was glad, of all things that she did not blush easy. She was sure if she did Luke's compliment would have made her do so.

Luke ordered two beers. Again he 'assumed' Dixie was eightteen. As Luke and Dixie took a seat where Bo and his date were setting, Dixie took a sip of beer. Luke saw a couple looks from Bo and Cooter, who was setting at a near by table with Beverly. Though they gave Luke a strange look neither said a word, but both wondered 'Why' he would be seen out with Cooter's little sister when there were so many more expereinced women here tonight. As the band started to play, Luke and Dixie went to the dance floor.

Luke said, "Are you catching the looks we are getting tonight?"

"Yeah. Sorry." Dixie said.

Luke shook his head, "No problem. I enjoy shaking them up occassionally."

Several hours later everyone was having a good time. Cooter and Bo had been drinking pretty heavily. Luke had also drank his share as had Dixie.

Dixie and Luke were dancing as Ernie bumped into Cooter, "You 'let' you sister go out with the likes of him. He-- if you planning on letting her be a whore I'll give ya fifty to have a go at it."

Cooter looked to see that Beverly was still at the jukebox, he finished his beer and cleaned Ernie's clock!

Luke seen Ernie Ledbetter go flying across the bar. Cooter had sent him flying. Luke gave Dixie a gentle nudge toward Bo, "Let me see what's up."

Ernie's buddy jumped up to help Ernie. Luke stepped in front of him saying, "It's one on one. Jump him, deal with me!"

Ernie's buddy stopped dead.

Rosco came strutting out of Boss's office, something crooked was up. Rosco smiled,"Jit jit!! I got em I got em!! alright! just freeze it right there Cooter!!" Rosco walked over to Cooter and slapped the cuffs on him,"Lets go...go join that trouble makin cousin of yours!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori was starring at the ceiling when.................

Lori was starring at the ceiling when Rosco drug Cooter down below grinning like a possum. Lori looked at Cooter and fell off the bunk laughing!!

Cooter looked at Lori and shook his head glaring at her,"Don't even ASK!!" as Rosco locked the door. Lori looked at him, wiping her eyes. She shook her head and looked through the bars at him,"Am I glad your here!"

Cooter looked at her,"Why?"

Lori sighed,"I've been lonely....hey listen Coot I got a plan for Dixie...you knwo that race right? the Hazzard County Derby? What if I teach her the tricks of the trade and let her race Midnight for me?? I'll be in the race...I got me a good buddy that'll let me have his car...well I already bought it...hes just holding it fer me...anyways...Its this thing...see Luke loves women who drives fast..trust me I should know...so, I let her drive one of the fastest cars in Hazzard thats got a 440 Magnum,383 c.i.d engine,rated at 375 hp with a single 4-barrel carburetor. And thats Midnight Rider....the brother to the general lee....normally I wouldnt do it..but...I gotta get those two together...."

Cooter looked at Lori strangely,"Lori, whats your game here?"

Lori sighed,"Coot...since I been in here I've done some thinkin on the family...and Dixie has this thing for Luke...well, family is a more important thing and im just tryin to bury the hatchet tween us is all..." Lori had that twinkle in her eye and that look.

Cooter shook his head "no","I'm not buying it Lori. I've seen you go off cause Luke frank a beer with a girl and you WANT him and Dixie to "get together"? And, I can tell YOU I don't like the images I see when I say that."

Lori looked offended."You sayin Luke and Dixie dont look good together?"

"Lori, Luke is my best friend. Dixie is my baby sister. I happen to know Luke Duke REAL well. It still bugs me that YOU date him. I'm not sure I can handle Dixie dating him." Cooter said.

Lori sighed,"Alright Cooter...I heard Amy kreavy is comin back...I want Luke to be with someone..other than me....on account of him and Amy getting back together cause I HATE HER!"

Cooter asked,"Lori, do you really think Dixie can hold Luke's attention if Amy comes around? Adn IF she does, are you sure you can get him back when you want him?"

Lori looked at Cooter,"Coot...I KNOW I can get him back for myself..but..it wouldn't be fair to Dixie..so I'll get him back for her..now, if Amy comes back and IF he goes to her I'll teach Dixie how to race and I'll race my toher car...Amy has no clue what shes up against and Luke'll know Im pissed!"

Cooter sat down on the hard stell bunk. He was setting here for defending his ssister's "honor" ao that she couldnt lose that honor to none other than his best friend. He knew Luke Duke was out for one thing and one thing only. He had no intention og having a girlfriend anytime soon.

Lori could bout guess what Cooter was thinking, she sighed and laid back down. She had been around Luke too long...She knew how his mind worked and knew him all to well. She smirked...she bout knew her plan would work. She'd show Amy exactly WHICH woman was right for Luke Duke and which one wasn't.....

Luke walked over to Beverly at the jukebox after Cooter had been taken out of the Boar's Nest by Rosco. "Co;me on over here with us. I take it you'll need a ride home?"

Beverly nodded 'yes' and added, "Luke, Cooter had the wrecker tonight."

Luke gave her a bit of a smile. "I've got a key. Come on. I'll finish this beer and switch to pop. Bo can take the General Lee, I'll drive the wrecker and let Maybelle know I have it if there is any calls."

Beverly asked, "Really? You'd do that?"

Luke nodded, "Yeah. Nothing Cooter wouldn't do for me. I'd sure like to know what Ernie said to him though."

Dixie looked at Luke and Beverly as they came back to the table, "What was that all about?"

Luke replied, "I don't have a clue, but I wasn't going to let that jerk jump in there and makek it two on one." He looked at Daisy, "Give me a Coke, two beers and a burger. Ya'll want anything?"

Dixie and Beverly both replied, "No."

They, as well as Daisy knew Luke was trying to 'sober' up a bit before he left the Boar's Nest especially since he was driving the wrecker the rest of the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cooter starred at the ceiling and thought about all that Lori had said. He had a bad feeling. A real bad feeling!

Lori looked over to Cooter,"Ahh come on couisn!!! My plans full proof!! I bet you a 100.00 that I can have Amy ran off, win that race, AND have Luke and Dixie together!!"

Cooter nodded,"I don't doubt that. But, I wonder IF you really want Dixie with Luke. Lori what happens IF he really falls for her?"

Lori thought, she loved Luke still and always would she wasnt thinking right she guessed,"I...take it like a man and get over him?"

Cooter looked at her and said,"No you won't and you know it."

Lori looked down and scratched her head,"Look....Cooter, I've had my chance with Luke already, I guess its time I let him go...its like Uncle Jesse says if you love something dearly you gotta let it go....and I love Luke still dearly and I guess its time I let him go..."

Cooter reminded,"Jusr remember, you are choosing to let him go. If you love something set it free, it it comes back it's yours, IF it don't it never was. Lori I've tried to tell you about Luke, he's a free spirit. I'm afraid, he'l keep moving on.

Lori squeezed her eyes and walked to the window of the small cell, she cried silently and held to the bars softly whipsering,"Thats what I'm afraid of...." She didn't want to let him go, she felt him slipping away from her further and further each day though. She felt it right to let him go and do as he pleases. She wanted to know one thing though, if he loved her, if he did thats all she cared about and all she needed to know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bo, however, thought of Lori and looked at Luke. "Hey Luke...why did ya'll break up for this time??" He had him at a different table.

Luke took a deep breath,"He** if I know Bo, It more than likely had somethng to do with her expecting to do 2 years and NOT 90 days. Boss is too smart to turn her into the Feds! He'll charge her locally and hold the probation over her head and NEVER report it to the Feds then he can still force her to run for him when he needs her too!"

Bo nodded and looked at him,"She is purty though aint she..."

Luke was glad Dixie was in the restroom with Beverly. He replied,"Yeah, Bo, she is at that..."

Bo nodded,"Is she as good as everyone says?"

Luke sighed and looked at Bo a long minute before answering him,"Yeah. Yeah, Bo she is. You surely ain't thinking on making a move on her are ya?"

Bo stared at Luke,"And if I am?"

Lke took a drink of his Coke. It wasn't nearly as strong as what he'd like to have been drinking right now. He took a dep breath and replied,"Then. God help ya cousin I wish ya luck!"

Bo looked at him,"And JUST what is that spose to mean????"

Luke shook his head,"For one, I font think you can handle her and IF you can, I sure hope you can curb those wanderin eyes of yours. I've paid dearly for a he** of a lot less, cousin. Lori? Yeah. She's something you got to experience to know what im talking bout."

Bo snorted,"Well just cause YOU couldn't handle her or keep her long enough dont mean I cant!"

Luke smirked at Bo,"Go for it couisn. I wish you the best. Really, I do."

Bo got an eerie feeling from Luke,"You talk as if she aint no good Luke...didnt you love her?"

Luke got a distant far off look to himself and replied,"Bo, I never said I didn't love her. I love her alot." The statement was made in the present tense NOT a past tense. It was NOT missed by Bo.

Bo sighed and looked at Luke,"Ya know...I hear Amy is going to be in town.... Luke, CAN you choose tween the two?"

Luke asked."Choose between the two? What two?"

Bo slapped his forehead,"AMY AND LORI!"

Luke reminded Bo,"I happen to be with Dixie tonight cousin.Who says I'd pick either of them?"

Bo shook his head,"Well you loved Amy and you love Lori...I was just sayin.."

"Yeah Bo, I hear you. Loud and clear. But, Dixie just may have something they don't."

Bo made a look and shook his head,"Cousin...will Dixie last as long as the others?"

Luke shrugged his shoulders,"Amy was a few days, Lori was a few weeks at a time. He** Bo, only time will tell right?"

Bo just shook his head,it was like trying to talk horse sense into a jacka**,"Whatever you say couisn...whatever you say.."

Luke was glad to end the conversation as the girls were coming back,"Glad you see it my way couisn,"He turned to Dixie and asked,"Care for anything else?"

Dixie replied,"I'm good, Luke."

Bo snorted and got up hitting Luke in back of the head HOPING to knock sense into him!!

Several weeks later found Luke and Dixie in the backseat of the General Lee. Luke had her pants off and she was 'hot'. Dixie nearly begged, "Luke don't stop now."

Luke replied, "Hadn't planned on it unless you wanted me to."

Dixie said as Luke lowered himself, "You are my first."

Luke nodded, "I know. I'll be easy."

He was. Dixie was thankful that Luke was the kindest, most gently person she had ever known. Though the next morning she was still pretty sore from last nights events as she made her way to the kitchen where Cooter sat.

She saw the look he gave her.

Cooter shook his head,"You girls just dont give up do ya...Dix...when will you learn Luke Duke is BAD COMPANY!! I love him to death and all...but, hes got a reputation and you're only making it worse!" He shook his head and went to the garage early.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As it was....it was time. Lori was free!! Enos let her out as she smiled to him and nodded, taking off up the stairs to Cooter's garage. She got out and yelled,"YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAA!!!!" She ran off down the street. Lori smiled when she saw Cooter and tackled him. Cooter laughed and atutomatically tossed her the keys to Midnight Rider. She smiled and as she unconvered him, she dusted him off a bit and climbed in. She squealed the tires and took off down the back roads.

She arrived at the Dukes farm and saw Bo an Luke and Jesse as usual she smiled,"HOOOOWDY!!!" She spun dirt everywhere and climbed out.

Luke...........

Luke shook his head. Things were back to normal. He took in the sight of her, but continued to work.

Bo on the other hand moved closer like a whipped pup.

Jesse watched the two. Both were acting rather strangely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night Luke was picking Dixie up in the General Lee, Lori was picking up Bo in Midnight. It promised to be an eventful night for all............

Lori thought hse was going to dress up, turns out she wore a normal, A white cami tank top, her levi jacket, sleeves rolled up, her hair let down, pair of low rider jeans, tight, with her steele toed boots, and shiny belt buckle. It ended up first off, in a race, Midnight and General tying it up. Lori climbed out and smirked to Luke,"Better clean your act up some Duke on the track for the race." Lori looked at Dixie and winked, she had that twinkle in her eye again. She had plans. Her and Bo walked in. Lori's band was there. She sighed and looked to Bo,"Sorry honey..I gotta play.."

Lori smiled as she got up on stage and got her guitar, she plucked out a tune and played a song,"Rusty Cage." Then, she played,"Dixie on my mind.." Dixie and Luke caught on, Dixie smiled, Luke looked down.

Lori sighed and played more songs til she was blue. She got off stage and sat at the table with Luke, Dixie and Bo. She never paid any attention to Luke, only to Bo. She smiled as Ernie walked over to her. Lori rolled her eyes and looked at him,"Look...I tell ya what...If I beat you at a drinking contest you leave me alone...If I lose....then im all yours...pick your poison..." Bo looked at Luke then to Lori,"Lor?" Lori looked at Bo,"Dotn worry I aint never lost before dont plan on it now..." Daisy brung them both a bottle of Jack Daniels each. Lori smirked as Ernie had a stupid look on his face. Daisy waved her handand Lori had her jack opened and drunk in a flat minute. Ernie didn't even have his bottle have emptied! Lori smirked and threw her bottle away, the whiskey didn't even phase her! She looked to Bo and smiled.

Bo and Lori danced for awhile, as did Luke and Dixie. Lori smiled to Bo and rubbed his chest lightly, kissing his neck,"Hows bout we go to Hound Dog Lake?" Bo grinned like a possum and nodded, he was out and in Midnight like tickets being sold at a Waylon Jennings concert, he was gone!

Lori smirked and strutted out, climbing in she spun dirt everywhere once more and went off to the lake.

Luke and Dixie.........

Luke and Dixie, both watched them go. Neither said a word to each other. Thought they were together, Dixie knew Luke wondered abot Lori and Bo. Luke knew Dixie knew he was worried, about Lori as well as Bo.

The next day was Saturday and Luke was sent by Jesse to town for a roll of fencing while Bo helped put the rest of the fence up. Luke jumped out of the General Lee outside of Ruebottoms' store only to meet Lori face to face at the door. He said, "Lori."

Luke said, "Luke."

Luke suggested, "I have to pick up something for Jesse, but can we talk?"

Lori said, "Talk? Sure."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The 'talk' took place at Hazzard Pond. Luke and Lori both professed their desire for each other, but agreed to move on, but not before having a 'High ol' Hazzard time' once more for old time sake.

Lori went home and saw Dixie. She screamed! Dixie looked at Lori oddly. Lori shook her head and sighed,"Dix....I got a question...how'd you like to learn how to drive Midnight?"

Dixie looked at Lori baffled."Lori I CAN DRIVE! What are you talking bout?"

Lori smirked,"You dont actuallt drive midnight he drives himself...what im sayin is racing..do you want to learn how to race midnight rider?"

Dixie replied,"Sure, im glad to learn anything cousin.."

Lori smiled wide and patted Dixie's shoulder,"When ya want to start?"

Dixie replied again,"Whenever."

Lori smiled and lead Dixie out to Midnight Rider,"Dix....for I let ya drive him...theres this history lesson I gotta tell ya...Now...I was concieved and labored in Midnight Rider...this car is special to me, 440 Magnum,383 c.i.d engine,rated at 375 hp with a single 4-barrel carburetor, I built myself..took me 7 years exactly to do it too... Midnight Rider is known as one of the fastest cars in Osage County, Tennesse and Kentucky, DO NOT wreck him...IF you do...you WILL die." Lori smiled sweetly to Dixie and tossed her the keys climbing in the passenger side,"No pressure cousin..."

Dixie caught the keys and replied,"None at all! I've driven the suped up wrecker and the General Lee more than anyone knows!"

Lori sighed,"Yea well...Midnight is different...he may be the brother to the General Lee but he's of more value to me!"

Dixie replied,"You should know I treat other vehicles better than mine and I baby mine to Couisn..."

Lori shook her head and held on as Dixie started it up. Lori smile,"Doing good cousin....now you get to Widow Maker's curve ease up some and slow down, dont ease up too much just enough to NOT let us go over the mountain."

Dixie growled,"I know cousin!!!"

Lori smiled, she KNEW she could beat Luke. She made Dixie pull over."Alright Couisn...im driving..." Lori smiled and climbed in. She spun dirt and took outta there like Boss Hogg going to the bank! Lori was at the lake were everyone raced on Saturdays. She sighed and climed out. "Dix....Im gonna be timing you..." Lori stood and got out her handhercheir, she dropped it, letting Dixie take off, she started the timer. She watched Dixie, and how she handled the wheel and curves. If she could handle the obstacles at the lake she could do it in the race. When Dixie circled back around and Lori stopped the watch she was shocked! "Dix...your time was... 1 mintue and 57 seconds!" Dixie smiled,"Told ya I knew what I was doing..." Lori nodded,"No doubt about that...now get out im driving home.." Dixie did so as Lori climbed in and kicked up some gravels and dirt of her own.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke and Bo both were at the Boar's Nest. But as Dixie and Lori had stopped for a spell, Amy Kreavy was already there AND WITH LUKE!!

Luke was waiting on Dixie to get there. She said her and Lori had plans for earlier today. But, who should have arrived but Amy Kreavy? She and Luke had a couple beers and before anyone knew what was up they had left together.

Lori walked over to Bo and sighed,"Wheres Luke?? he's spose to meet Dix here.."

Bo answered in one word,"Gone."

Lori nodded,"Reallly helps me there Bo....Where at?"

"Who knows where, but I can tell you with WHO."

Lor looked at Dixie and nodded,"Who?"

Bo smiled sweetly,"Amy Kreavy..."

When Bo told Lori that, Lori hit the roof!! She looked to Dixie,"Hey Dix! you REALLY wanna race in that race next friday?"

Dixie nodded,"Absolutely!"

"Even if it's against Luke and Amy Kreavy?"

Dixie replied,"Cousin, I dont care if it's against Lucifer himself."

Lori nodded,"I hope you aint real serious with Luke...."

Dixie sighed,"Never mind that. I'll habdle that ok?"

Lori held her hands up,"Ok ok...just that I'll be racin with ya.."

Dixie replied."Thats fine cousin..." She was more hurt than she planned on letting Lori know.

Lori nodded,"Alright then...I'll get my buddy to bring my other "baby" to me.and I'll show Lukas what he gets when he messes with a pissed off Davenport.."

Dixie added,"Just be prepared to stand in line cousin."

Lori smiled and held her hand out wanting to shake Dixie's hand,"Lets get him good cousin.."

Dixie nodded and shook her hand,"I intend to."

Bo looked to Lori and Dixie they had fire in their eyes and looked as if Luke was dead. Bo looked to Lori,"So does that mean...you'll go with me?"

Lori smiled, Bo sure had a way with words in a situation like this,"Yes Bo of Course I will!!"

Bo smiled and sipped his beer. Lori looked to Dixie and tossed her the keys,"Your gonna be drivin him from here on out, after the race and we beat Luke and his girlfriend Amy's a** NO MORE DRIVING HIM!"

Dixie nodded. As she climbed in, you could tell she was pissed. Lori smiled as Dixie tore out of there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Luke and little miss Amy was getting "reaquanited"...

Reaquanited wasn't exactly a word to describ what Luke and Amy were doing. It is a good thing Rosco was on the other side of the County or they both could have been arrested for indecent exposure and likely more! There had always been something about Amy that made Luke loose all common sense. Jesse had even suggested on her last visit that Luke consider marriage, but Luke wasn't considering that with anyone, why would he with Amy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke never showed back up at the Boar's Nest nor did he show up at the farm that night.

Jesse was NOW concered. He looked in the boy's rooms and didn't find anything he went outside and searched. He called Cooter's to see if he was there. No where. Jesse was now fit to be tied. He sat and waited.

Jesse was still on the front porch as Luke finally arrived at the farm just after 9am. Bo and the others had started the chores as he pulled up in the General Lee. Jesse waited for him to get out.

When he did, Jesse got up,"YOU GOT ALOT OF NERVE DOING SHOWING UP THIS LATE!"

Luke hung his head as he approached the porch, "I'm sorry Uncle Jesse. I'm sorry I didn't call."

Jesse hit him hard with his words as Luke had his back to him, Jesse snapped,"Who was it last night?? huh Luke?? which Davenport?? Ohhh ohh let me take a stab in the dark and say you found a new piece of meat."

Jesse's words stung Luke hard. He couldn't have been hurt more if Jesse had hit him but what hurt worse than anything was that Jesse was right. He was dead on target and a hundred percent right.

Jesse didn't hear him answer. He looked down,"I'm disappointed with you...get ready to do your chores boy..." Jesse shook his head and stepped off the porch.

Luke swallowed hard and replied, "Yes, Sir."

Bo was standing nearby and heard the commotion. He looked at Luke and then to how hurt Unlcle Jesse looked. Bo got a tad bit mad.

Luke didn't even go into the house for coffee but straight to the barn. When he saw Bo, he asked, "Where are you?" Meaning in the chores.

Bo looked at him,"Well if you was here doing yours already and NOT hurting our uncle you'd know!!!"

Luke glared at Bo, "I had NO intention of hurting Uncle Jesse. I overslept. Sue me!"

Bo threw down the pitch fork and yelled,"OVERLSEPT MY HIDE LUKE!!!!! YOU'RE HURTING THREE WOMEN AND YOU DONT EVEN CARE!!! WHAT KINDA "MAN" AE YOU SUPPOSE TO BE???!!!!"

"Bo I ain't promised any of them a da-- thing!" Luke replied.

Bo got pissed and hauled off giving Luke a good right hook,"You might not have promised them anything but you're hurting them....Dixie came by the Boar's Nest when You and little miss Amy left, asked where you was..AND I TOLD HER EXACTLY! Lori and Dixie is fit to be tied with you right now!"

"Thanks, Bo. I'll remember that next time you and the Johnson twins go at it and Jill wonders where YOU are. Don't go calling the kettle black with me cousin. You are far from being a Saint!" Luke hissed and he grabbed a bail of hay getting started on his chores.

"Least I treat a lady right and I don't EVER intend on hurting her OR taking away something thats as precious that you can NEVER give back...if I was Dixie AND Lori I'd be ashamed..." He was talking about Dixie and Lori's virginity.

Luke nearly growled, "Bo, I ain't took nothing that wasn't given MORE than willingly. Far as Lori is concerned I thought YOU had the hots for her, or did she turn you down? As for Amy, she said she'd be back and she is............. And, Dixie, well, Dixie is great -- should Amy leave like I expect her to, well..........."

Luke, I'm tired of you treating Lori and Dixie like that!!!! GO ON AND SLEEP AROUND WITH AMY!!!! SEE IF I GIVE A FLYIN FU** ANYMORE!!!" Bo was so mad he shook with anger,"You know what....I've had enough of you....I'm leavin..." Bo threw down the pitch fork once more and went inside to pack!

Luke shook his head and watched Bo go. He thought that this was just his cousin's way to make sure he did more than his share of the chores.

Jesse had gone to town. When he returned, the General Lee was gone. Luke was coming out of the shower and the chores were done. He looked at his oldest and asked, "Where's the General?"

Luke shrugged his shoulders, "Bo took him. I'm not sure where."

Jesse threw what things he brung home down.

"Luke.....I don't know what in the he** is your problem but you best be gettin it fixed!!!" Jesse called Cooter's first thing.

Luke nodded. He wasn't sure what Bo figured to prove by leaving the farm, but Luke was sure he'd be back in a day or two, tops!

Cooter answered the phone when Jesse called.......

"Davenport Residence?"

Jesse sighed,"Cooter im looking for Bo...you seen him?"

Cooter nodded and looked out the window,"Well yes sir Uncle Jesse sir, he's outside with Lori and Dixie in under the hood of Midnight right now! Theys waiting on Lori's buddy to bring her car to her."

Jesse shook his head,"Cooter...you got those three together...and them all mad at Luke, we'll have a war before we know it."

Cooter sighed,"Uncle Jesse Bo's purty upset....he seems more upset than he was with Diane Benson..."

Jesse shook his head,"Well...that's pretty bad...I don't know whats wrong with Luke anymore...you keep an eye on Bo?"

Cooter laughed,"Jesse, I don't think that'll be a problem...Lori's occupying him!"

Jesse grumbled and hung up. Cooter shook his head and walked outside, heading to the garage.

Lori watched him go then looked to Bo and Dixie,"Ya'll....I gots me an idea..."

Bo and Dixie looked at each other and then looked at Lori, see like Luke she had a twinkle in her eye when she got a plan. Bo and Dixie swallowed and looked at her,"Should we be afraid?"

Lori smirked,"Ya'll really wanna get Luke?"

Bo and Dixie nodded and smiled,"Lori turned around and explained to them. See, He's datin three girls right now, me, Dixie, and Amy...well, Amy is more than likely gonna ask him if shes the one or something and me and Dixie go over and ask him 'but I thought we was the one Luke', me and Dixie "fight" and Amy will more than likely get pissed at him and we're hopin she'll leave..."

Dixie and Bo smiled,"You know you got a dangerous mind..."

Lori only smiled and nodded.

Bout an hour later, a man with a trialer pulled up. Lori smiled and ran and hugged him, Bo looked down and sighed. It was Bubba with lori's "baby". She smiled as they pulled the suped up cherry red 1966 mustang out of the back of the trialer. Bo and Dixie both looked at Lori and their eyes got wide. Lori smiled and wiped the name off,"Mason Dixon....this is my other baby..."

Dixie and Bo nodded and walked over to admire the car, now this car was nothing all to special she bought it with her own money and worked on it over the years, it wasn't as special as Midnight Rider, but it was her baby just the same.

She smiled to Dixie and Bo and got the keys, watching Bubba leave. Bo smiled to Lori and shook his head. Lori giggled and climbed in, it was sorta a habit to her. She pointed towards the Boar's Nest and nodded. Bo let out his rebel yell and Dixie climbed in Midnight, they all took off down the road in a cloud of Dust, Dixie and Lori side by side, poor ole Bo in the back.

They arrived at the Boar's Nest and whom should their wandering eyes spot but...........

Luke and Amy setting at a back corner table. Luke saw the three walk in. He looked at Amy and said, "I think I got trouble."

Amy asked, "What sort of trouble, Hon?"

Luke let out a long breath and tried to explain as best he could, hopefully without pissing the firey red head off. "Well, You know I have always liked the girls and two of them just walked in here with Bo and they aren't gonna be at all happy I'm here with you."

Amy smiled, "I can handle my sort of problems, Lover, but I would like to talk to you about something."

Luke knew what was coming.

Amy said, "Last time when I was here you seemed to want to be with me, but you also wanted to be with other girls. Have you finally decided that you want a whole lotta woman instead of a whole lot of girls?"

Luke answered honsetly, "Well, I don't want you leaving here with Ernie Ledbetter." He thought for a minute and continued, "We can try it, that's the best I can do."

Amy said, "You are really serious?"

Luke replied, "Yeah. I'll date only you while you're here and we'll go from there." Luke didn't figure her to be here long and he did really like her.

Lori strutted over to Luke with a look that turned every head in the room. Luke noticed, he cursed and kicked himself mentally. He KNEW he pissed her off. Lori sat down at the table beside Luke and had that purty smile flashing and those deep brown eyes blinking,"Lukas....I....I been doing some thinking and I really miss you..I was stupid to let you go....and you showed me that in the General at Hazzard Pond not more than forty eight hours ago....I..I love you Luke...."

Dixie held her head up high as she walked over to the table, "Luke I gave you something real special right before Lori came home. Least YOU said it was special. Cousins talk, Luke and I know you and Lori ain't through. I also know that you weren't home last night. Guess I was right. I knew you would do this to me, Lori!" What happened next, took everyone by suprise even though it was Lori's idea. Dixie drew back and knocked Lori plumb out of her chair!

Luke jumped up and got between Amy and Dixie before Lori could get up.

Lori held to her chin, it was hard for her not to laugh and give it away. She shook it off,"Cheap shot!" She looked at Luke,"Move Luke...." Luke shook his head and wouldn't move out fo her way. Lori nodded,"Alright then..."She drew back plum to texas and swung hard enough to hit Both Luke and Dixie. Bo sat at the bar and rolled laughing at them.

Luke knew he likely deserved that and he would give Lori credit she could da-- well hit, but he looked at her and said, "Lori that's enough."

Lori smirked and shook her head. She looked to Amy and sweelty replied,"Honey I'd watch this one he's got three women right now at one time!!" Lori smiled at Luke and nodded.

Amy gave Lori a smile that was unreadable, "Thanks for the information but I know Luke pretty well."

Lori nodded,"Not as good as me darlin...not as good as me..."

Dixie looked at Amy, "Yeah she KNOWS all the men around here pretty well!"

Lori smiled at Dixie and winked,"I sure do cousin...I aint nerey bit afraid to admit that none either..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the bar Frankie had made her way over to Bo, "This looks bad."

Bo nodded, "It can't be good."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie was feeling a bit froggie because she was mad at Lori and Luke, and with Luke in front of her she knew Lori couldn't get at her like she would like to. Dixie said, "Yeah, that's because she is a whore!"

Luke knew he wasn't in a good place as he saw fire in Lori's eyes.

Lori stepped closer to Luke and smiled widely looking behind Luke at Dixie. As Lori grabbed Luke to try to move him he managed to get her in a bear hug. "Lori da-- it! Stop this! This is not the place!"

Lori managed to get out of Luke's hold and the entire corner of the Boar's Nest erupted into a cat fight with Luke right in the middle trying to stop it! The thing about these three women was that none of them happened to fight like girls they fought like men and were playing for keeps! Luke knew because a large amount of the blows directed for someone else was managing to find him! He knew he was going to have several bruised ribs tomorrow from this.

Bo looked at Frankie, "Sh--! I gotta try to stop this!"

Bo was too late as Rosco came out of Bosses office and was barely missed by Dixie throwing a beer mug at Lori!

Lori ducked and it had barely missed her. She looked at Rosco and then to Dixie,"Ohhhhh great!!" Rosco looked to the three and smiled widely,"Lori....I thought you just got out of jail?" Lori scratched her head and nodded gritting her teeth making an ohhh sh** face,"Yea...But, Rosco...it was Luke Duke's fault... he started it!" Bo hid so Rosco wouldn't find him. Rosco smiled and laughed,"Jit Jit!! I knew it!!! khee I love it I love it! Come you Duke!!" Luke looked to Lori who was laughing with Dixie, they rolled on the floor laughing, Luke looked down and turned 5 shades of red. Amy was embarrassed just as much as he was!! Lori and Dixie went back to Bo and Frankie Lori hugged Bo she was out of breath. Rosco walked back in and cuffed Lori and Amy. Lori looked down as he drug Dixie along with them. Lori was laughing as was Dixie.

~~~~~~~~~~~`

When they got to the jail Rosco put Luke and Lori in two seperate cells below, and Amy up top. Lori grinned wickedly at Luke. Luke whimpered.

Rosco called Cooter to come and get Dixie, he knew she was underage. When Cooter arrived at the jail he looked at Dixie and shook his head,"I ain't even gonna ask I reckon Lori is in too?"

Dixie smiled, she was a mess,"Yep..and Luke and Amy.."

Cooter sighed,"God help me!" He took Dixie to get Midnight and to get Lori's car. Frankie and Bo arrived soon after. Frankie got Amy out of there and quick! Amy looked to Frankie and shook her head she was mad! Bo went back to talk to Dixie about Lori and Luke.

~~~~~~~~~~~

In the cell Lori looked at Luke,"This is a fine mess you got us into!"

Luke looked at her and said,"ME? I was merely having a beer with a friend at the Boar's Nest!"

Lori walked to the cell wall,"You better be glad theres bars here to protect you..next time I see Amy i'll beat her black and blue... a friend my a** friend with benefits more like it!"

"Lori leave Amy and Dixie alone. Besides, what should you care you're screwing Bo!" Luke said matter of factly.

Lori smiled,"Well Lukas....Me and Dixie planned that...and Bo, and FYI me and Bo hasn't done it yet....the only one I screwed was YOU!"

Luke smirked,"Honey if it comes to blelieving you or Bo, who am I going to believe?"

Lori shrugged,"Dont believe us....believe Cooter.."

Luke kicked at a dust bunny on the floor and looked at Lori,"Does it even matter?"

Lori looked at him,"Whats that spose to mean?"

"We're two of a kind and you know it. We weren't going together so if you and Bo did, great."

Lori shook her head, she could straight through Luke,"Luke...I can read you like a book sometimes, specially when it comes to your feelings...why are you soo hurt for? I mean, you got three girls right now that'd kill over you.."

"Hurt? What are you talking bout?" Luke stared out the window.

Lori smiled,"Luke, look me in the eyes then and tell me that it doesn't matter, that what me and you had wasn't nothing that it doesn't hurt you that im with Bo..."

Luke took a deep breath and turned to look Lori right in the eyes. He held them there for a long while before he dropped his eyes without a word.

Lori nodded."I thought so...."

Luke looked at the floor and said in a nearly whisper,"What do you want from me Lori?"

Lori shook her head, she wanted him and Dixie together,"Luke, I want you to look at me and tell me that when we was together you loved me..."

"Lori, I have loved you a long time. I just can't understand why when we get things right you seem to push me away."

Lori bit her lip hard, hard enough to make it bleed."Luke...I love you...but, Dixie really really likes you...I felt you slipping away from me Luke, there was times Id talk to you and you wouldn't pay me no mind..."

"What has Dixie got to do with any of this?" Luke asked.

Lori sighed and looked down kicking at the bars,"Luke...I borke up with you to let you and her have a chance, she's been mad at me for go knows how long cause of you and I wanted her to have a chance...its harder than what I thought it would be..."

Luke was getting the picture,"So let me get this straight, when you were arrested and thought you was going to prison, you broke up with me because you would rather see me with Dix that someone else?"

Lori looked down and nodded,"Yea...and now its kinda hard seeing you two together...but I'll get use to it."She looked up to him and smiled.

Luke nodded,"And Amy showed up. I wasn't expecting her to. We all know she won't be here long."

Lori sighed,"But did you have to go and hurt me...and Dixie?"

Luke sighed and asked,"Would you believe me if I told you it wasn't suppose to have went down like it did?"

Lori shook her head,"No...but part of me wants to..."

"I actually planned on telling her about Dixie. We drove out of town in both cars. Her car had trouble and I ended up working on it for several hours," Luke continued,"It was sort of a replay of last year." He ran his hand through his hair. "Before I could tell her anything, well....."Luke wasn't happy.

Lori was hurt, she started to tremble and looked at him her bottom lip quivering,"Yea but last year....you didn't hurt Dixie...you hurt me.....I didn't race last year because of her...I wanted to, I seen you were too depressed over her and I lost it...."

Luke knew he had hurt Lori last year, but Amy had been a breath of fresh air. She was like no one he'd met before and Jesse had even suggesed he think of marriage. Yeah, Luke had even talked to Jesse about her, while leaving Lori in the shadows. Luke looked at the bars seperating them,"Yeah, and i'm sorry about all that..."

Lori let one tear fall,"Sorry don't cut it no more Luke...I set tooo many nights and cried over her and you....I heard you walk around and say ohh shes different and sh** like that...one question, what about Candy?? forget about her?? you were GOING to marry her...yet, another time you hurt me....good thing I was in the marines and farrr away from you you messed with me in the marines!!!"

"No Lori I ain't forgot about Candy," He got real wuiet,"Or anyone else?"

Lori snapped,"Anyone ELSE?"

Luke swore! him and his big mouth,"Lori I was out of Hazzard a long while."

Lori got smart,"Well so was I but I didn't mess around with anyone or play them!"

Luke knew he had opened a can of worms,"I had no idea IF I'd ever see you or Hazzard again Lori."

Lori rolled her eyes and walked away from the seperated cells. She heard Cooter from above as Enos unlocked her door,"Thanks Cousin...the air down here is gettin harder to breath.." She looked over her shoulder and glared at luke with eyes that would drop you deader than 4:00.

Luke..........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cooter looked at Lori and shook his head, he tossed her the keys to Midnight, since he had took them from Dixie. Lori was glad that she got Midnight when the chips were down and Lori felt bad she'd rely on her trusty ride, Midnight. She sighed and climbed in not speaking to Cooter, she drove to Indian Caves to set and think..

Luke pretty much figured he'd be spending the night in jail and he had to admit that it may be the safest place to be. All three women were mad at him, Bo was ticked, and he wasn't even going to call Jesse. He layed on the bunk thinking.

Dixie knew Rosco was more than pissed at her about the beer mug. She went to see Daisy who was getting off work about that time. "Daisy I have the money. Will you go get Luke? Rosco is still pissed at me and wouldn't let me bond him if I tried."

"Sure, Sugar. Come on." Daisy said.

Dixie followed Daisy to town and waited outside the couthouse for Luke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rosco opened the cell door which suprised Luke. He saw Daisy waiting as he topped the stairs, "Thanks Daisy!"

Daisy replied after they got in the hallway, "It wasn't me who had the money, Luke. It was Dixie. She's outside."

Luke nodded. As he stepped outside he could see that Dixie still looked hurt, but she still wrapped her arms around him.

Daisy took the cue and said, "I'm outta here, you two."

Both Dixie and Luke thanked her again as she left.

Luke said, "I'm really sorry about everything. Can we go talk somewhere?"

Dixie was mad but felt like if she wasn't with Luke he'd go to Amy. She gave Luke the keys to her T-bird. He drove up to the Indian Caves where he built a fire so he and Dixie could talk.

As Dixie and Luke talked. Lori sat in the main mian back of the caves. She sighed. She heard echos and got suspicious. She brung her bow and arrows just in case.

Luke and Dixie talked. Luke knew Dixie was pissed. He smiled to her and cuddled next to her. He smiled,"Look Dixie I was gonna tell Amy about you and she never gave me the chance, I tried to explain to Lori but she wouldn't listen..I want to be with you Dixie..."

Dixie smiled to Luke and the magic began.

NOW, with there being these muffled moans and groans coming from the caves up ahead of Lori she got really curious and pulled her arrow out and had it set ready. She creeped forward and saw a sight that really hit her hard, she let the arrow go and it hit square center in a log in the fire. Luke and Dixie stopped completely and looked at Lori who had another arrow set on Luke. Luke swallowed and got dressed in a hurry as did Dixie.

"Lori? What are you doing here???"

Lori rolled her eyes and dropped the arrow,"I was thinking...but THAT idea was shot thanks to you two..."

Dixie sighed and looked at Lori. Lori grumbled and looked at Dixie,"Im gonna go race Midnight...tell Bo i'll be home later IF you decide to go home....."

Dixie looked down and then to Luke, she couldn't understand Lori, she was the one that wanted them two to get together. Luke scratched his head and sighed. Lori stopped, she threw dow her bow and Arrow,"LUKE!!!!! LUKE!!!!"

Luke looked at Lori like she was crazy,"What now?"

Lori looked at Dixie,"Are you AWARE of her age?????"

Dixie looked at Lori and nodded,"Yea...."

Luke looked at Dixie then to Lori. Lori looked confused,"Dixie are you AWARE that you can have him sent to jail????"

Luke stopped her,"Wo...wait here, shes of age shes 18..."

Lori looked at luke like he was stupid,"You kiddin?? shes 16!!"

Dixie looked at Lori,"So?"

Luke cussed,"DA** it!!! she is???!!!"

Lori nodded,"Yes!!! Dixie thats a felony!! its illegal for him to be seeing you!!! hes an adult and you are a minor!!!"

Dixie bit her lip,"Opps...."

Luke kicked himself,"Da**.....Lori please tell me you aint lyin?"

Dixie sighed,"She aint lyin Luke...but I didn't know... PLEASE Lori don't tell Cooter!!!"

Lori looked at Luke, who had that look on him, the look she couldn't resist, the look she fell inlove with. For one split moment Lori stared at Luke then looked at Dixie,"I....I..promise I won't...but ya'll gotta stop!!! Luke I cant afford to have you...." Lori stopped, she had already stuck her foot in her mouth. She shook her head and went to Midnight. She watched,"Well???? COME ON YOU TWO!!"

Dixie and Luke sighed, that was a CLOSE call. Dixie drove Luke back to the farmhouse.

Dixie looked to Luke and sighed,"Im sorry Luke I didn't know...."

Luke smiled and looked at her,"That's ok you didn't know..." Luke kissed her and climbed out. Bo still wasn't home.

~~~~~~~~~~~

As Dixie made her way back home, she saw Lori out and about tinkering with Midnight in the yard.

Dixie sighed and pulled up beside her,"Lori? what are you doing?"

Lori came up from under the hood,"Whats it look like I'm doing? I'm getting Midnight ready for the race...see Lucifer, Amy's car, is a pretty dang well fast car, Midnight could more than likely though out run her's any old time... I gotta keep him tuned up and ready to roll. "

Dixie nodded and smiled,"Thanks for saving me and Luke....I didn't know I coulda sent him to jail..."

Lori sighed and closed her eyes,"Don't metion it cousin..."

Bo walked out and looked at Lori as she was wiping oil off of her. Dixie went in the house and as soon as she did Cooter went off!

Lori looked at Bo as she shut the hood,"Yea?"

Bo sighed,"We need to talk....bout Luke..."

Lori wrinkled her nose,"How come he always has to come up in the conversation?"

Bo shrugged,"Cause the night after me and you were together you and him got together....I thought you liked me?"

Lori looked down and sat on the hood her arms crossed,"Bo I do like ya....I like ya alot...but you know me and Luke..."

Bo closed his eyes and nodded,"If you want him you can have him then...I don't want to be in the way..."

Lori smiled and wrapped her arms around Bo's neck, kissing him lightly,"Who says I want him?"

Bo smiled to Lori and kissed her back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke in the meantime........

Luke in the meantime went inside. The man setting in the chair in the living room appeared to be his dear Uncle Jesse until he turned on Luke. "Well, I HEAR you've had a rather eventful night!"

It had always amazed Luke how this man knew what him and Bo did without leaving the house. Luke nodded 'yes' though he was uncertain exactly what parts of the evening Jesse knew about. "You could say that."

Jesse grumbled, "Suppose you tell me how you got out of jail?"

Luke was a bit relieved. That was a relatively safe subject, "Dixie gave Daisy the money. Daisy came got me."

"Didn't call me for a change. Didn't feel you needed me or hoped that I wouldn't find out?" Jesse asked.

Luke replied honestly, "Well, to be honest, I didn't have a chance. Rosco was a little busy getting us all in there and then Frankie showed up to get Amy. He had just got done with that when Cooter showed up to get Lori and Dixie. By the time I was about to ask him to use the phone Daisy and Dixie were there."

Jesse stated, "Let me get this straight, Rosco took Amy, Lori, Dixie and YOU to jail?"

Either Jesse hadn't heard the entire story or he wanted to hear it from Luke. Luke nodded, 'yes'.

Jesse nodded,"WHY exactly?"

Luke began, "Well, I was at the Boar's Nest with Amy and all living he-- broke loose when Lori, Dixie and Bo showed up." Luke quickly added, "I was trying to break them up."

Jesse sighed, "Luke I told you...NEVER lead on a woman and you lead on TWO!!!! Now when one of them Davenports knocks you out I pray that they'll knock some sense into that thick head of yers!" Jesse added,"And you NEVER step into a fight...specially tween woman that'll do more damage to you than they will to the ones their fightin cause they're too danged ticked at ya!"

Luke replied, "Yeah, I think I likely got a couple bruised ribs out of the deal."

Jesse nodded and said matter of factly, "YOU deserved it!"

"I figured I deserved the hit I took to keep Dixie from getting hit." Luke added, "Trouble with those three is they don't fight like women! They fight like men and Lori is more slippery than a greased pig. I had her in a bear hug and she got out of it!"

Jesse had to laugh,"Yep....you know you taught her that when she was little?"

Luke sighed, "Yeah, I did, didn't I? Sh--!" He could only hope that Jesse hadn't heard anyhing else that went on. Only Lori, Dixie and him knew about that, he hoped.

Jesse warned Luke, "Son, be careful or you're going to be a very lonely old man." He turned toward his room and headed to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie looked at Cooter like he'd lost his mind, "Cooter what is your problem?"

Cooter pointed to Lori,"It's her and you!!! what is wrong with ya'll???????" Cooter added,"AND my tab at the Boar's Nest is cut OFF!!!!!"

Dixie was still confussed, "What? We have been getting along better since she was put on probation than we have in years!"

Cooter nodded,"IT AINT THAT DIXIE!!!! YOU TWO GOT CRIMINAL MINDS NOW SINCE YA'LL GOT TOGETHER!!!!"

"We do NOT! and I haven't charged a da-- thing to your tab!" Dixie replied.

Cooter threw his hat on the ground,"DIXIE!!!! you two get thrown in jail and LAUGH ABOUT IT!!!! YOU might not have charged nothing on it BUT thanks to you throwing that derned mug at Lori, Rosco cut my tab!!"

Dixie said, "He can't cut YOUR tab cause your sister threw a mug that wasn't even hers!"

Cooter,"Ewwww!!! he did!!!"

"Well I just have to have a talk with him! HE-- ask Daisy, I wasn't there THAT long!" Dixie said and added, "AND I wasn't put in jail, exactly!"

Cooter threw his hands up in the air and his fuse was shortenin by the the minute, "Just tell me....you and Lukas didn't do anything????? And if ya don't tell me...I'll get Lori to!!"

Dixie wanted clarification, "Do what? And when are you talking about?"

Cooter repeated her some,"Do what?? DO WHAT?!!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK??!!!!! I'm talking bout since you been with him!!!!"

Dixie paled. "Oh. Ummmm, How do you figure Lori knows what I do any way?"

Cooter looked at Dixie,"Cause....Lori's got connections..."

"Connections? IF you say so! Cooter I think I'll head to bed now." Dixie tried, she knew Cooter was pissed.

Cooter stopped her,"Dix...you aint tellin me something...fine then LORI!!!"

Dixie could only hope that Lori kept her mouth shut for once. She looked up as not only Lori but also Bo came in the house. Lori said, "Yeah, Cooter? What's got your gridle in a kink?"

Cooter shook his head,"Lori has Dixie and Luke been doing anything????"

Lori looked at Dixie for a split second and looked Cooter dead in the eyes,"No."

Cooter looked at Lori and THOUGHT that she was lying,"You sure..."

Lori looked to Dixie and winked,"Yea Cooter...me and Luke's the two been together..."

Cooter nodded and sighed,"Ok..I was worried a bit.."

Bo turned and stormed out of the house!

Lori glared at Dixie and turned following Bo out of he house.

Dixie swore, "Ya see the trouble you just caused there Cooter?"

Cooter sighed and plopped down on the couch, "I wouldn't have had to have hollered at her if you woulda told me yourself!"

"Night Cooter." Dixie tried to get away from him again, but as she passed him, Luke's aftershave hit him square in the face.

Cooter got up,"DIXIE!!!! YOU LIED TO ME!!!"

Dixie had NO clue why Cooter's attitude changed so quickly. She gave him a deer in the headlight look as she held her breath.

Cooter looked at her,"You were with Luke!!! Lori lied to me too!!"

Dixie's eyes were still wide as she tried to figure out Cooter's sudden change, "Well, we did make up, but, ... ah, ...."

Cooter looked at her,"I'll report him to the law!!"

Dixie shook her head, 'no', "Cooter it wasn't like THAT!"

Cooter looked at Dixie,"Then how was it????" he added,"Lori says she was WITH him....were you?"

Dixie said, "I don't know what Lori and Luke did! I only know I got Daisy and we bonded him out of jail. We went and TALKED."

Cooter nodded,"Uh huh "TALKED" ......you are underage Dixie!!!"

"Underage! Oh, for Christ's sake! YOU knew I was dating LUKE! I have been for about a MONTH now!" Dixie said and quickly added, "BUT, that doesn't mean we DID anything!"

Cooter looked at her, "Prove it then......"

Dixie was a bit scared to ask the next question, "Prove it HOW? And all you said to me about Luke and me dating was he was 'bad company'!"

Cooter smirked,"He IS bad company....alls I'm sayin is you get pregnant...I'll press charges on him..."

Dixie rolled her eyes and glared at Cooter, "I am NOT pregnant! Good night, Cooter." At least Dixie da-- well hoped she wasn't, she and Luke had been careful.

Cooter sighed and scoffed her off, "Forget I even try to talk to you!"

"Forgotten!" Dixie said as she closed her bedroom door. She took a deep breath and let it out. Then, she looked out the window and saw things weren't good with Lori and Bo. She opened her window and climbed out. Going to them she said, "Bo, Lori was covering for me."

Lori crossed her arms and set on the hood of Midnight. Bo snorted,"Oh sure she was I know hers and Luke's history...She did it with him the night AFTER she did it with me!"

"Bo, Luke and I were somewhere tonight I shouldn't have been. Lori was covering for me. I promise you that. We went and made up after Daisy and I got him out of jail. Cooter insists we did MORE." Dixie replied.

Lori looked at her and opened her mouth,"Cause you di...didn't...." Lori looked down and cussed.

Bo looked at Lori and sighed,"So you and Luke didn't?"

Lori looked at Bo and rolled across the hood,"NO!! whaya think I've been tryin to tell ya!!"

Bo looked at Dixie and said, "And, ya'll didnt'?"

Dixie nodded, 'no' and she lied, "No, Bo we didn't."

Bo smiled at Lori and nodded.

Lori glared at Dixie and got in Midnight, "I'm gonna go to the lake and practice some..."

Dixie said, "Ya'll have fun and I'm sorry all this got started. Cooter is acting really weird tonight." She said and headed to her room by way of her window.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile Luke had showered and was laying on his bed thinking ..........

Lori looked to Bo,"I'll be back later..." She grubled and spun dirt everywhere. She didn't plan to come home either.

Bo sighed and went in the house to the guest room and laid on his bed, thinking if Lori really WAS with Luke or if she did that just to save Dixie.

When Lori got to the lake she smiled to herself and shed her clothes, she got in the water and dove in under.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile Luke had showered and was laying on his bed thinking about IF Amy was really the one he wanted? He** he thought of Dixie and figured she was the one. But, then there was Lori too, he'd been with her and knew her all to well he taught her half the stuff she knew. He** he even taught her moves from the Marines when they both were in.

Luke laughed to himself at something Lori often told about him. She swore the only time he had physically hurt her was when he was showing her a defensive move and he brought her hand down a wall where a nail was. Luke hadn't seen the nail and Lori's hand snagged the nail causing a pretty ugly cut. No, Luke may not have physically hurt her but he was sure the emotional scares ran deep for them both.

Then, he thought about Dixie. HOW had he thought she was 18 when in fact she was only 16? He knew Lori had been right they HAD to stop being intimate, but Luke wasn't at all sure he could do that. Luke remembered when he was 16 and the 16 years olds he had been with. Dixie sure didn't act 16! Even that first night. He knew she had given him 'herself' and he knew he was her first. It was those thoughts that made him realize he had to tell Amy that he had a girlfriend and that it was Dixie. He was sure glad the race was tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie couldn't help but wonder where Lori had went without Bo. The longer she wondered the more her mind played tricks on her, to the point that Dixie snuck out of the house and left to go see if she saw Lori anywhere and Midnight had better NOT be at the Dukes!

Cooter sat straight up in bed as he heard Dixie's car leave the drive way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke was awake when he heard Dixie's car drive by on the main road. She had slowed but didn't stop.

That morning, Lori woke up in Midnight, THE RACE! she cussed and sat up, heading to the Boar's Nest at the starting line. There was cars galore there. She sighed, then she saw Lucifer and General Lee side by side. She shook her head and saw Cooter, he was screaming at Dixie,"YOU TOOK A 2:00 A.M DRIVE????? WHAT IS WITH YOU?????"

Dixie replied,"COOTER I WAS GOING TO SEE WHERE LORI WAS I DOON'T TRUST HER!!!"

That had hurt Lori to hear her own cousin that she worked hard to teach and to save her a**. Lori looked to Dixie and shook her head,"If you can't trust me to go to the lake and camp out, then I can't trust you to drive..." Lori shook her head and looked at her,"Don't believe me go ask the man yourself..."

Lori walked over to Midnight who was parked beside of General and Lucifer. She worked on the engine some and slammed the hood down. When Boss gave them the signal to get in Luke looked to Lori putting the helmet on,"You aint racin are ya?"

Lori snorted,"What does it look like to you.."

Luke KNEW he was in for it...Lori showed no mercy on the track and was a he** raiser. They all climbed in.

Daisy shot the cannon and the racers were off. Lori in thrid Lucifer in first and General in second. It stayed this way until the lap back home. Lori smirked as she hit the gas peddle hard and swirved around Luke and Amym weaving in and out causing confusion. She passed Amy in enough time to make it in first and beat Amy and Luke both.

Lori made it across the line and spun Midnight in a complete circle stopping it climbing out to recieve the trophey. Everyone clapped and cheered. Amy pulled in soon after in second looking at Luke then to Lori.

Luke pulled in at third, he got beat by two girls!

Luke saw Bo heading his direction,"You let her win right?"

Luke shook his head 'no'," No I didn't let either one of them win..."

Bo nodded and laughed at him. Luke got out and went over to congradualte Lori. Amy was sooo mad she couldnt see straight she left without even tellling Luke goodbye!! Lori watched her go and yelled,"Thats how a REAL woman drives!! better luck next time!!"

Luke sighed,"Lori, you know if we hadn't been battling each other, either of us may have been right there with you. All three cars are too danged even. In a flat out drag race it would habe been anyones race." Luke knew Lori knew the same thing.

Lori shrugged,"So...i just hated her and felt the need to rub it in her face!"

Luke nodded,"It was a good race Lori, I'll get ya next time though."

Lori sighed and looked at him,"Not a chance...you and Bo neither one has beat me yet!"

Luke changed subject,"Looks to me as if your boyfriend is waiting on you."

Lori sighed and rubbed her eyes,"God!!! Luke he's killing me!!"

Luke had been giving her a smirk, but gave now gave her a genuine grin and added,"I get it to. He's just a bit 'insecure'.He'll get over it."

Lori looked at him,"I da** well hope so...or you'll be short one cousin...Ohh and explain to your girlfriend, since she dont trust me, that me and you last night was NOT together she seems to think we was..."

Luke put his hand up,"I'll handle her, you get to deal with Bo. Come on I'll buy you a beer."

Lori walked over with him,"You sure thats a good idea?? I mean those two lugnuts would get the wrong impression!"

Luke grinned,"So I'll buy them one too!"

Lori shook her head and looked at him, a look that did NOT go unseen by Bo. Bo glared a Luke and wrapped his arm around Lori as if to claim her. Lori looked at Bo and whined shaking her head.

They all walked in........

They all walked in and Luke unthinking ordered four beers. No one questioned it. Dixie had been drinking at the Boar's Nest for a couple years now. It started out by them ordering her a pop and she snitched drinks from their beer but even Cooter had ordered her beer here.

Luke said as he finished his beer, "Dix when you get ready, we can head back to the farm for supper. I'd like to grab a shower and Jesse should have dinner ready by then."

Dixie finished her beer and they left.

Luke took a long detour home finding a parking space by the lake. "I understand you was worried about me being with Lori last night? I was still awake when you drove by the house and didn't stop."

Dixie didn't blush easy but did so now, "It's just that I get a bit worried sometimes."

Luke took her in his arms, "No need to worry."

Dixie nearly choked, "Luke it's just after the other day, I'm afraid if I don't make you happy you'll go back to Lori!"

"You make me happy." Luke kissed Dixie passionately. Luke KNEW he shouldn't be doing what he was about to do, but right now he wasn't thinking real straight. He told himself he was only going to mess around and not go all the way. He told himself that right up until he moved to the backseat of the General Lee. Once he was there and Dixie was beside him he knew he couldn't stop and he didn't want to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori and Bo was headed on their way to the lake as well. Lori sighed as she straightened some curves, Bo was grinning like a possum. Lori shook her head and looked out the window seeing an Orange charger at the lake! She smiled wide as she pulled down in there. She and Bo were close enough to KNOW exactly what was going on in the General Lee! She spun around honking her horn yelling,"Ya'll dead meat now!!!!" She spun dirt in the window and pulled out to go to Uncle Jesse's.

Bo gave Lori a strange look and said, "I thought you wanted them together?"

Lori smiled to Bo and looked behind her to see if they were following,"Ohh I do...but that doesn't mean I cant give them grief...and this is pay back from what Dixie said bout not trusting me and all..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke had just achieved relief as he heard Midnight. Both he and Dixie swore and Lori burnt back out. They knew with where they had parked and the view Lori and Bo had there was NO question about what they were doing. Luke quickly put on just his pants as Dixie began dressing quickly. Luke fired up the General Lee and headed after Lori and Bo!

Lori smirked and saw them in behind her. She changed gears and smiled to Bo,"Hang on Bo..." She giggled and pulled Midnight around spinning out, she took off passing Luke and Dixie now she was just having fun! she was going to tell on them because she could!

Luke swore loudly when he saw Lori turn toward the farm. He had HOPED she was heading for Cooter. He figured he could maybe live if she only told Cooter, but she was heading toward the Duke farm wide open. "She's heading to Jesse!"

Dixie swore her own self!

Luke picked up the mic, "Whiskey Bent, Come back this is Lost Sheep 1!"

Lori laughed and picked the mic up,"This heres Whiskey Bent and hell bound!!!" She sped up faster fishtaling it around some curves.

"Pull over huh?" Luke said, he was hyper.

Lori shook her head,"Hmmmm lemme think about it..." She made a small jump over a dirt mound,"Hmmm still thinking..." She sped closer seeing a straight stretch she turned her wide open,"No!!"

"Da-- it, Lori pull over!" Luke geared back into passing gear, hoping to gain on her.

Lori did as she did in the race, she swirved and watched closely ahead and behind her she spun the car around and went behind Luke passing him. She smiled and stopped. When she saw Luke stop and turn back, she sped up more and headed wide open once more towards the farm. "I said No!"

Luke knew he was sunk! as he swore again, they skidded to a hault in front of the house. Luke was out of the car and heading toward Lori. Bo jumped in front of him!

Dixie saw Cooter's tow truck as she got out trying her best to straighten her clothes and hair.

Luke was only in his jeans and tried to push past Bo to get to Lori.

It was then that Jesse and Cooter stepped on to the porch.

Lori smiled and ran towards them,"UNCLE JESSE COOTER!!!! YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT I JUST SAW!!!" Lori sounded almost like Rosco reporting to Boss he was in hot pursuit!

Bo had push Luke back to keep him away from Lori. Luke had pushed Bo back in frustration. Luke caught himself and turned back to Dixie. He mumbled to himself and asked Dixie, "Can you get my shirt and boots, please?"

Dixie nodded.

Jesse looked to Luke and then to Dixie, Cooter looked to Jesse and then to Luke. Fire in his eyes. Lori smiled and walked out grinning like a possum taking Bo's hand. She looked to Jesse and Cooter,"I caught those two at the lake...ohh and it aint the first time either....I was at Indian Caves and yea caught em then too I WARNED LUKE, DIXIE WAS UNDERAGE BUT HE WENT RIGHT ON!!!"

Luke stood there in only his jeans as Dixie was reaching into the back seat of the General Lee for Luke's shirt and boots. Right now, he would have loved to have gotten his hands around Lori's throat as he saw the look on Jesse and Cooter's face.

Lori smiled widely to Luke and climbed in Midnight backing out around the General,"Ya'll take care now..." she added, "Bo you care to join me?"

Bo figured anywhere was better than right here right now. "Sure."

Meanwhile Cooter was off the porch and had Luke on the ground. Lori stopped, something made her stop. She don't know why either..."Bo...I can't go..."

Cooter had Luke down on the ground his hands around his neck,"I'M GONNA KILL YOU!!!!"

Luke had expected Cooter to fight him but not tackle him like he did! Luke was doing his best to get out from under Cooter.

Jesse yelled, "BOYS! Stop it NOW!!!!"

Cooter got up but not before landing one on Luke's nose. He was breathing heavily and looked at Dixie. He WANTED to kill her god knows he did...he shook his head and got in the tow truck almost hitting Lori in the process. Lori jumped on top of Midnight and looked at Cooter,"DA**!!!!"

Luke got up and dusted himself off. He wiped his nose as Dixie handed him his shirt and boots.

Dixie asked, "You OK?"

Luke replied, "Yeah, I'm fine." He tucked his shirt into his jeans.

Jesse pointed to Luke,"GIT.....IN...THAT.....HOUSE...NOW!!!!!" He pointed to Dixie,"YOU go home!!!! AND I MEAN HOME!!!!! LORI WILL TAKE YOU AND I DONT WANT TO HEAR NO BACK SASS OR OBJECTIONS JUST GIT!!!!!"

Luke watched as Dixie headed toward Midnight with her head hung low. Luke walked into the house with Jesse behind him.

Jesse said, "I want YOU to set right there at the table like you used to when you was two! You can set right there where I can see you until the Sheriff shows up and takes you to jail!"

Luke sat down in the hard wooden chair. He could only hope Jesse was wrong about where Cooter had went.

Jesse stated, "Luke IF Cooter presses charges against you. There is NOTHING I can do son."

Luke nodded, "I know. Jesse I thought when we first started seeing each other that Dixie was 18......"

Jesse interupted, "But you found out different. When? Exactly!"

Luke thought before answering, "The night Dixie and Daisy bonded me out of jail. Lori caught us at the caves."

"The way you were dressed when you showed up and Dixie's appearance, I have no choice but to believe you two were intimate tonight. Am I wrong?"

Luke swallowed hard and answered honestly, "No, Sir. You are not wrong."

Jesse mumbled unspecific profanities. He reached for the calendar and circled the days date. "I suggest you take this and mark it with WHO and WHEN you have been with! I don't want to know. When you are done you put it up and keep it up to date. It could help you or hang you!

Luke took the calendar and marked with a 'D' tonight, the night she bonded him out of jail and once before Lori was released from jail. Then, he marked with a 'L' the night after Lori was released that they had gotten together and finally with a 'A' the night he and Amy had gotten reaquainted. Luke heard a car, a Chrysler and froze until it passed the turn off for the farm. He let out a deep breath. He fully was expecting Rosco to show up and arrest him.

Seeing the uncertaintity and the worry on Luke's face with each approaching car was far worse than any punishment Jesse could give him. In fact Jesse was enjoying it!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie was taken home by Lori and Bo. Lori told her that if she even thought of leaving the hosue she would call Jesse, Cooter and Rosco!

Dixie figured she had pushed her luck enough and wisely went to her room where she stayed.

The passing days and weeks were tense between the Dukes and the Davenports. They all walked on 'eggshells' around each other. Luke kept his distance from Lori and Cooter while Cooter tried to keep Dixie a distance from Luke. Jesse had tried to keep Luke at the farm as long and as often as he could but Luke was a grown man and Jesse knew he'd have to take responsiblity for his own actions sooner or later. Trying to treat him like he was five was only going to last for so long.

The more time that passed the closer things returned to normal if there was such a thing in Hazzard. Bo and Lori continued to date. Much to everyone displeasure Luke and Dixie dated but was limited to public places or group events which to a point made Cooter feel better though he was still mad enough to chew nails!

Several weeks later Dixie walked into school. She felt like she was coming down with the flu. It was making it's rounds around school. By the end of her second class she was in the office with several other students calling for a ride home. Cooter still held her keys and she had been riding the bus since her and Luke had gotten caught together. As Dixie reached for the phone she decided that Cooter was closer and the sooner she got into her comfy pajamas and back in bed the sooner she'd feel a lot better.

Cooter answered, "Hazzard Garage."

Dixie was trying hardnot to get sick again, "Cooter please come get me at school. The whole place has the flu. I'm sick."

Cooter heard in her voice she was sick. In fact she sounded deathly ill! "I'm on my way."