Hazzard Happenstance

dhannahduke

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bo was with Luke and the General, sitting on the hood of the car with a grin on his face as they chatted while Cooter looked over the exhaust pipe and suspension of the bright orange stock car. Both boys had thought they could hear a strange noise coming from the back and, having been on their way into town anyway, had come to see if the mechanic could find the source of the problem, which they had no doubt he would.

(Could people please, if they join in, not take over Bo. It just makes it so confusing. Its so much eaisier if you take once character and write as that character. For a specific reply from someone, put the cue in the bottom)

(Cue anyone)

Enos stopped his patrol car, looking at his friends with his usual smile "Hi Bo, Hi Luke, Hi Cooter", then he looked around shyly.

Luke smiled "Hey Enos, she's not here", Cooter and Bo laughed, but Enos blushed; "Daisy is not here, she's at the Boar's Nest. Are you looking for her?"

Enos looked away, turning more and more red.

Rosco's voice came from the CB "Enos, you dipstick. Where are you? If you are again around that Duke girl I'll........ I'm waiting for you. Hurry up, you dipstick"

"Yes sir" then Enos left.

(cue anyone)

Bo chuckled and shook his head as he watched Enos leave in a hurry...he couldn't have been a brighter red if he'd got sunburnt...

"Luke we gotta stop teasin' him like that...it ain't nice..."

(Cue whoever wants to take on Luke's character)

Avery Jameson had found out his mother's cousin Jesse Duke had lived in Hazzard, and he passed the population and he noticed there wasn't a number. He had lived in Houston, Texas his whole live and his mother was the greatest mother despite not having any money when his father Avery Jameson Sr, left them when he was ten she made up for it of course it meant she had to take a job as well. But Avery , like any other kid in Houston and he loved his life but he had taken some odd jobs when hit 12 years old and he did everything people needed doing in their apartment building. He learned how to repair cars better than anybody from the mechanic that lived in the building, he owned a garage and he would help him out time to time and told him that he was natural with cars. When he was sixteen years old he taught his how to drive once he got his temporay and he loved it when he got the mechanic's old El Camino is was everything to him and his Momma knewn how that car meant to him.

Avery pulls in the garage, and he beeps his horn and in his Texas Drawl he says "Does everybody beep their horn for some service around the town or what and I'm looking for Jesse Duke he's my Mom's cousin or her mother's side of the family."

Cue Anybody

Bo looked up as he pulled in, hating the way already that he beeped his horn...he found that really rude and obnoxious...now the General's horn was an exception, that horn actually sounded good plus BO only beeped it when it was neccessary not for attention.

He watched as the driver leant out the window and slid off the hood, heading over to the car when he heard his Uncle Jesse's name mentioned, feeling Luke standing right at his left shoulder. He stood by the window and bent down a little to see in.

"I'm Bo Duke an' this here's my cousin Luke...Jesse Duke's our Uncle."

Bo looked up as he pulled in, hating the way already that he beeped his horn...he found that really rude and obnoxious...now the General's horn was an exception, that horn actually sounded good plus BO only beeped it when it was neccessary not for attention.

He watched as the driver leant out the window and slid off the hood, heading over to the car when he heard his Uncle Jesse's name mentioned, feeling Luke standing right at his left shoulder. He stood by the window and bent down a little to see in.

"I'm Bo Duke an' this here's my cousin Luke...Jesse Duke's our Uncle."

Avery says "Well him my Momma are cousin and I'm your cousin from Houston you know I thought that population sign was weird I wish I knew what that had meant now. Oh I'm sorry I'm Avery Jameson Jr, and I know it was kind of rude but you see I'm used to the big city that's alll. Nice to meet you Bo and Luke Duke now."

Cue BoJamesDuke

Bo folded his arms a little tighter...he hadn't heard of a cousin from Houston before...just like he hadn't really heard of a cousin from England before and look how that had turned out. Usually Bo was charming and polite to new people...unless they gave a bad first impression...which, to Bo, Avery did.

"And you should know that people don't beep their horns fer service round here...that's just rude..."

He practically spat out.

(Julie could you please try and use proper punctuation here? I dont mean to be rude but it can get a bit hard to read your writing when you dont use it. Thanks :-) )

(Cue DaisyMaeDuke)

Luke could feel Bo's uneasiness...and he couldn't blame him. Putting his hand on Bo's shoulder, he steadied him. Then calmly, in an effort to keep the tension from his own voice from showing. "So, wha did you say you was in town for, cousin?" he asked, the word cousin coming about a bit more sarcastically than he had planned.

(cue julie Duke)

Bo folded his arms a little tighter...he hadn't heard of a cousin from Houston before...just like he hadn't really heard of a cousin from England before and look how that had turned out. Usually Bo was charming and polite to new people...unless they gave a bad first impression...which, to Bo, Avery did.

"And you should know that people don't beep their horns fer service round here...that's just rude..."

He practically spat out.

(Julie could you please try and use proper punctuation here? I dont mean to be rude but it can get a bit hard to read your writing when you dont use it. Thanks :-) )

(Cue DaisyMaeDuke)

Avery say "Well I'm sorry about that and I know you was a race car driver at one time you and Luke as well .......... Mom always talked about her cousin Jesse and how he made the Duke recipe moonshine and that you always kept it a secret from people. "

*Avery looks at Bo and Luke and says "What am I in town for you ask me that why I'm your cousin if you don't mind but Mom is dying I just thought your Uncle Jesse would like to know and you see she needs a kidney transplant and I'm not a match you see when they check me wasn't exactly like her. ........ It just breaks my heart after all my momma did for me that I can't donate my kidney to her she's my Momma y'll."

Cue BoJamesDuke

Bo was glad for Luke's hand on his shoulder calming him down because the apparent 'Tragic story' wasn't really washing with him. He didn't know if it was true, all he knew was that this stranger had appeared, was claiming to be their cousin and was telling the story of a mother who was dying who needed a kidney transplant...in his opinion it all sounded like a hoax but then again he didn't know for sure. He did however give an answer.

"Well sorry but yer beggin' fer money in the wrong place...why don't ya go to JD Hogg, i'm sure he'd love to help you out..."

He said before brushing off Luke's hand and stalking away to the General.

(Cue DaisyMaeDuke)

Bo sighed as he leaned against the General, facing away from Avery and his car and looking over the roof of the General, shaking his head.

"I don't like him Luke..."

He muttered.

Cooter however had watched everything happen and shook his head gently, going over to Avery and leaning down.

"Hey there, I'm Cooter, I own this garage. You'll haev to excuse them, they kinda put up with a lot in this here county...people try to scam them all the time, and by people I mean JD Hogg."

(Cue JulieDuke)

Bo sighed as he leaned against the General, facing away from Avery and his car and looking over the roof of the General, shaking his head.

"I don't like him Luke..."

He muttered.

Cooter however had watched everything happen and shook his head gently, going over to Avery and leaning down.

"Hey there, I'm Cooter, I own this garage. You'll haev to excuse them, they kinda put up with a lot in this here county...people try to scam them all the time, and by people I mean JD Hogg."

(Cue JulieDuke)

Avery says "But this ain't any dang scam and y'll excuse Momma taught me never to cuss no matter had bad I wanted to Cooter. And I'll prove them I'm a Duke a have a knack for driving and mechanics as well you see this old mechanic taugh me how to drive and fix cars up properly, and gave me my pride and joy here."

cue bojamesduke or DaisyMaeDuke

"Bo...cool it," said Luke in a low voice. It was true that he was used to keeping a reign on his cousin's temper. But the fact that he was mouthing back to a stranger they didn't even know gave Luke cause for concern. He knew from his time in the Marine that friends should be kept close, but your enemies closer. He didnt trust this fella one iota... and he didn't want to start something without knowing exactly what he was up against.

(cue Bo James)

Bo let out a long breath and moved away from the car, going to stand in a space on his own to cool down a bit. Cooter watched him and couldn't blame the boys for their reactions to this fella but he did think Bo was being a bit ridiculous about it.

He bent down and looked in the window again, shaking his head.

"Ignore Bo...he just woke up on the wrong side of the bed..."

(Cue JulieDuke)

Bo let out a long breath and moved away from the car, going to stand in a space on his own to cool down a bit. Cooter watched him and couldn't blame the boys for their reactions to this fella but he did think Bo was being a bit ridiculous about it.

He bent down and looked in the window again, shaking his head.

"Ignore Bo...he just woke up on the wrong side of the bed..."

(Cue JulieDuke)

Avery says "You know Momma always tell when I don't approve of her boss or even her date, I will give the date a dagger in a half and I just a thinking about this real creep mom went out with he only wanted to find out what her best friend was doing."

cue BoJamesDuke or DaisyMaeDuke

Luke cocked his head a little to the side. He wasn;t sure where that information came from either...and he wasn't sure if it was just general information, or if it was a passive threat. His posture became a little stiffer, just in case.

Avery says "Wells it just that I didn't mean no harm but I see so much of myself in Bo right now. I was raised in the poor section of Houston and you always had to on gaurd you didn't know who was going to try to break in or take your car from ya."

Cue BoJamesDuke or DaisyMaeDuke

When he saw the Luke wasn't about to reply, Cooter decided to.

"Well...that's...interesting to know..."

(Cue JulieDuke)

Avery says "Well, I remember the one time I had this brand new bike that Momma saved up to buy me and the first month I had well......... you see these three bigger kids followed me and surrounded and they beat me up and took my bike. And when Momma found she so mad and she said that nobody does that to a Duke and get away with it."

Cue BoJamesDuke or DaisyMaeDuke