Enos house/family

i1976

I have some questions about Enos.

In the show, I don't remeber Enos talking about his family (but I've never seen 7th series). But in Reunion, when he meets Daisy, he says something like "I haven't yet visited my family" (or something like that, at least in italian version).

Do you know anything about that?

The last question: where does Enos live in Hazzard? He's always in his patrol car, or at Duke farm, or in "office". Poor boy :roll:

In the seventh season episode 'Enos and Daisy's Wedding', he has a house in town where the crooks had to break in and hide the money. I don't ever remember seeing his house otherwise. But, that's the only episode that I have where his house is shown. From what I was able to make out of his place, he has a house in town.

I think that in season six, there's an episode where Daisy gets into some kind of trouble and Enos brings her to his house to protect her, but the last time I saw any season six episodes was over 20 years ago. So, this is not exactly specifically proven.

As for his family, I don't remember hearing or seeing anything about him or his family. I figured that in the wedding episode, his family would come out of the woodwork, but they didn't. Personally, I think this was a weakness in the writing of the episode, simply because of how family oriented DoH is.

Interesting. The mistery becomes thiker and thiker. :-?

So, if he was staying in a room in one of the boarding house, he had also a real house (the house where he was born), or not? :confused:

Don't worry. I'm not "obsessive", but I have a couple of ideas to go on with my fanfic, and I don't want to make too many mistakes (I mean "conceptual" mistakes, 'cause there are already several grammatical mistakes). :roll:

Maybe, these "holes" in the plot line encourage our fantasy. We arrive where authors don't arrive. ;)

As for Enos's family i1976, there really is nothing on Enos's family background according to the original series. I would think that the 'Enos' Series would have answers on this but I was two when the Enos series was aired and locating the series on DVD or tape is close to impossible. Many Enos fans want it out but Warner Brothers hasn't come across with the goods. As a fellow Enos fan fic writer, I would deeply anticipate seeing that come out on DVD, for background research and clues as to Enos's family life.

Here are things we do know from original Dukes of Hazzard series;

Enos apparently had family or 'folks' still alive up to the first reunion movie. So definition of 'folks' is a broad one but it usually means in country terms, mother, father, sisters, and brothers. It can also mean more family too but mostly 'mom and dad' at least that's how they interpret it in the rural part of Midwestern America. I don't know about the south but I assume it's the same. Trust me, I use the term 'folks' all the time when I talk about my parents and they both are still alive.

He did live in the boarding house while he was deputy sheriff. A boarding house I believe is just a house that is kind of like an apartment only it's a house and you share a main living space and kitchen with other people and you have your own room.

He drove a station wagon as a personal vehicle until Frank Scalon blew it up.

His father was a ridge runner at one time and it's referenced in 'One Armed Bandits'.

These are all facts that we have about Enos Strate. There are more things you can assume from the series as well.

If you notice, he always drinks buttermilk and seems to always like corn dogs from busy bee cafe.

He reads comic books all the time, especially 'Bugs Bunny' ones it seems.

He's not the best at checkers. He also likes to fish.

Enos himself seems very family orientate.

Something interesting to note, Sonny Shroyer himself, played football in his school days. So one could assume Enos might have liked football as a kid, might not have. The possibilities are endless.

As far as fanfic... There is very little Enos Strate fan fiction out there. I know, I've looked, because when I started years ago I wanted to get things right too.

So, what I did was created family for Enos. I gave him a mom, a dad, siblings and cousins. Enos is fun to write for because you aren't limited with possibilities. You can make him an orphan. You can give him one parent or two. You can do what you want with him kind of. Cooter is one as well that doesn't have a lot of background information, there is some but you can have fun with it. As a writer it's fun because you know the character traits and you can build from the traits and build around the character from those traits.

I have a page with fan fiction of Enos if you would like to read some of it. It's not a lot but it's some. I just don't like my characters the ones I created in my fan fiction being copied. But yeah, have fun with it. Go write Enos Strate's family out. I'd love to see someone else’s take on Enos. We got enough Enos writers out here on the boards that I've seen that we can have some 'possumonagumbush' fun! So yeah, shoot for the stars i1976. I'd love to see some good Enos fan fic out there.

A tip for when writing for Enos, is to watch the episodes and study how he moves, how he acts and reacts. Enos doesn’t always have a lot of dialogue so he’s one of those characters you have to kind of watch him and gather your information from body language and expression. So I hope I could help and have fun writing.

Val Strate

Thanks everybody.

Thanks Val.

Althoug I'm new in this forum, I've watched it for 5 years or more. I've read every Enos fanfic out there (also on Fanfiction.net, DukesofHazzardfanficHome, Hazzard County Department of Wildlife and so on) ;)

I'm very glad that Enos fanfic are increasing.

Actually, I'm writing my first fic in Round Robin Series section ("A very bad day"); accordingly with the show, I've decided not to put Enos family in there, 'cause it's too diffucult for me to create new characters (and it would be wrong to use your own characters). But I'll accept everyone's input.

I remember "Enos" series even if several years have passed; in that show there was no reference to Enos family (but I'm not so sure of it)

• 3 weeks later...

I remember one episode when I was watching the originals where they showed the boarding house where Enos lived and I'm certain they said the name of the road it was on. I'm rewatching all the shows and I'll run across it eventually. I'm especially interested because I'm making a map of Hazzard County and town (see the "hobbies" thread) and during the originals, Enos was my favorite character so I paid extra attention when anything was said about him. I'll post an update when I find it. Also, in the episode (with Coy and Vance) when he returns from California Enos mentions his Uncle Odie. I talked to Sonny personally and told hime I also had an Uncle Odie. He said that his father's name (in real life) is Odie. RogerDuke

It looks like my last thread got deleted for some reason so I'll try this again. In the episode when Enos came back from California (Coy and Vance are in it.) Enos mentions an Uncle Odie. I talked to him about this once because I had an Uncle Odie also and he told me that his father's name in real life is Odie RogerDuke