When Friends Ain't Friends...

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**6 Months Later**

Bo wiped the sweat from his brow as he worked on the barn roof in the sun, his shirt slung over one of the rafters below him as he fixed up the hole put there by the storm they had had previously.

Since returning home six months ago, everyone had been helping him to overcome his paranoia of small noises and being alone and he was largly cured. There were some thing that still set him off, a car backfiring still reminded him of the shot fired after his cousin or the sound of Luke splitting wood still reminded him of the board he had been beaten with...but slowly he was learning to dissacociate the two and now he could do most things as he normally did.

Luke still refused to let him drive on his own, which he was thankful for remembering what had happened last time but he was very near the stage where he could do that again soon without any trouble. Slowly, life was getting back to normal.

Luke worked on patching the roof of the house from the storm while Bo was working on the barn roof. He stopped to wipe the dripping sweat from his eyes and to look across the yard at Bo. At times like this you could hardly tell that anything had been wrong or that he still had an occasional set back. Hearing a car pull up below he looked from Bo down at the silver GTO as BL climbed from the driver's seat looking at them smiling mischeviously.

"Hey"

Luke chuckled to himself she was upto something the question was what.

"Hey BL what brings you by?"

BL leaned on the hood of her car trying to look innocent.

"Oh nothin' much, just goin' swimmin' thought you fellas and Daisy might wanna come along. I even persuaded Cooter ta close up the garage fer the afternoon and join us."

Luke bit his lip her offer sounded very tempting it was mighty hot out today, but they had to get both the house and barn roofs patched before the next storm came through.

Bo jumped but only a little at the voice that echoed up at him. Hearing the part request part order he chuckled and looked down, shaking his head.

"Sorry I can't. If I don't get this done Uncle Jesse's gonna tan my hide an' I need ta get it finished so that the hay don't get destroyed otherwise we're in big trouble. You go on, i'll swing by later if I get the time."

"Aww c'mon Bo, Luke's goin' it won't hurt ta play hookey from chores fer a couple of hours."

Pleading giving him his own puppy dog eyed look. She thought this was just what Bo needed. He'd been on the farm more or less the whole six months he'd been back and shirking chores was part of getting back to 'normal' it was something they had all done but not as often as they had played hookey from school.

Luke came out of his and Bo's bedroom in a pair of cut off jean shorts seeing Daisy at the sink snuck up behind her tickling her ribs.

"Hey Dais, wanna go swimmin'? BL's tryin' ta talk Bo into goin'."

"Ow, hey watch it there ain't no protection there."

Luke protested at being flicked with the towel on his bare leg.

BL sighed nodding she had hoped Bo would go feeling that he needed to go in order to bring his recovery from the ordeal that one step further. Sees Luke come out of the house in his cut off shorts.

"Ok....ya know where ta find us if ya change yer mind. If ya don't wanna come by yerself give a holler on the CB one of us will come back and get ya."

Luke walked over to stand by BL being able to tell without asking that she hadn't been able to convince Bo to go. Sighing softly he leant on her shoulder.

"Daisy'll be out in a minute she's puttin' on her baithin' suit"

Nodding BL stepped away from Luke who wasn't expecting her to move and almost fell over.

"Hey Luke props are dangerous"

Grinned backing away as Luke pretended he was going to chase her.

Daisy came out a little while later, her bathing suit underneath her shorts and t-shirt, laughing as she saw the play going on between B.L and Luke.

"Well if you two ain't ready looks like i'm goin' by myself!"

Grinning as they looked to her, she suddenly realised Bo was still on top of the barn roof working.

"Did ya ask Bo?"

Daisy frowned a little, not wanting to leave her cousin behind when he deserved the fun they were going to have after everything that had happened.

"Well he's much better, there ain't much that could spook him at the lake...and even then we'd all be there...Luke can't ya go talk him inta it...you know he listens to you more than us..."

"I'll try, you girls go pack us a picnic while I talk to him."

BL nodded and taking Daisy by the arm headed back to the house to pack the picnic basket.

Once the girls were gone Luke climbed up on the barn roof next to Bo. Putting a light hand on his back.

"Bo, why doncha come with us? It'll do ya good and there's nothin' at the swimmin' hole ta spook ya. We'll all be there with ya anyways if somethin' does so there's nothin' ta worry about."

"Bo we will all be right there, nothing will happen. We won't just stare at you the whole time but ya can be sure we'll all have one eye on ya makin' sure yer ok."

Luke sighed softly moving his hand up to squeeze Bo's shoulder.

"you'll never know if yer ready or not until ya try. Ya can't keep bein' afraid of the what if's Bo ya gotta get out there and live life again."

Luke nodded smiling gently at Bo

"you got it....nobody's gonna make ya do anythin' ya don't wanna do and I'm gonna be in trouble fer not finishin' the roof on the house so a little more trouble won't bother me."

Starts to climb down again looks back at Bo who hadn't moved yet

"c'mon go get ready the girls is packin' a picnic and will be ready ta go soon."

B.L. watched Bo come through the kitchen heading for his and Luke's room and shortly after Luke following him in.

"Didja talk him into goin'?"

Luke nodded snitching a cookie as Daisy was packing them.

"Yeah but he don't wanna get in the water he's afraid he'll get spooked and somethin' will happen. I told him that was ok, we weren't gonna make him do anythin' he wasn't ready ta do but we still wanted him ta come with us."

BL smiled glad Bo had changed his mind he needed the time out and they all needed to let loose and have some fun like they used to before all this came up with Bo.

Bo grabbed a small bag and put some things into it, packing his swimming trunks incase he did feel like going in the water at some point. He knew Luke would probably go skinny dipping but he felt embarrassed enough about the scars all over him as it was, he didn't reall want to feel more self concious.

That was another reason he didn't want to go. Daisy and B.L hadn't seen his scars, he kept his clothes on most of the time apart from when he was somewhere on his own like the roof and if they came along they couldn't see them. The only one who had seen them was Luke and while he said it didn't bother him, it bothered Bo.

Eventually he came back out the room again, met with encouraging smiles frrom Daisy and B.L and a friendly pat to the shoulder from Luke.