Buzz and the 00

Ok in the reunion it was said that Buzz and the double 0 were the only one to ever beat the General Lee in an overland race.

My question is what was Buzz's last name or did they get it? I haven't watched the reunion in a couple of years and my VCR is down. Help??

Of course we know that the only car to beat the General Lee in the show was Amy's #13 Lucifer! but I'm not sure is they called it an over land race so this may be the difference!

Dixie

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Interesting though came to my head the other day.

What if Lucifer is the Double Zero?

Its not too far fetched either. They are of the same make/model and year(or atleast the range). The only big differences are paintjob, hood, and engine most likely. And there is a long enough gap to explain when a possible sale happened.

that's a very good point that

I'm not too good with trivia facts on the reunion show but I just wanted to say it would be nice to have you two guys posting in other places here on the HazzardNet.

You both seem like pretty big fans and things have been going a little slow here lately so it sure would be nice seeing a couple new fellers like you guys getting more involved. I hope you don't feel pressured or anything. You might be too busy to get more involved or you just might not be interested. If you are interested, jump right in there and have fun. If you can't find threads you're interested in, create one. We even have a lot of threads that aren't Dukes related. As long as it fits in with good family fun, we love new ideas.

Roger

• 2 months later...
What if Lucifer is the Double Zero?

Its not too far fetched either. They are of the same make/model and year(or atleast the range). The only big differences are paintjob, hood, and engine most likely. And there is a long enough gap to explain when a possible sale happened.

After studying both, I'd have to say it's highly unlikely that they are the same car. I could see someone making Lucifer from Double Zero, but not the other way around.

Lucifer has a different hood with quick release pins, side scoops, rear spoiler, no front grille/lights, no wipers, no door mirrors, no 'Mustang' text across the trunk and extra suspension components at the rear. You would need to restore it back to near showroom condition before turning it into Double Zero. This seems like an odd thing to do to a race winning car.

• 3 weeks later...
I have a question, besides the reunion movie, was there ever a 00 car? I have watched all the episodes, but it has been a while, so I don't remember.

No, there was not. We had never seen or heard of this car before until the reunion movie.

Though I have to speak to some prior conversation on this thread, comparing the "00" to the Mustang from the ep, "Luke's Love Story." Because LLS was the only ep ( that I can remember) that another car beat the General.

So is the "00" a reincarnation of sorts, if we take away the technical difference between the Mustangs in question?

I'm going to put a new page into Hazzard lore and say yes. I can only surmise that "00" was more of a family-friendly car name and therefore we have its use in the reunion. Also, this way Warner Bros didn't have to give any credit to the writers of the Lukes Love Story script for re-using a car name. Very plausible that the car changed owners and with that change got a new name and a new paint job. Just my theory.