Double Duke Trouble

BoJamesDuke

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The silence in the room was over whelming, although Bo made no movement to show any emotion whatsoever. he just lay in his bed, watching the sunbeams that were rapidly turning darker as the sun set to allow evening to pass its time, his mind just turning blanker until he really was just staring pointlessly at a spot.

Doc leaves the room,leaving Bo and Luke alone hoping Luke could pull Bo back from wherever it was he was slipping the blank stare worried him greatly.

Once the Doc is gone Luke stretches himself out on the bed next to Bo just holding him close. He could feel Bo slipping away but not physically as in dying but into his own private world.

"Bo ya ok?......talk ta me cuz"

worried trying to keep his voice steady

With a slight whimper he didn't even realise had escaped, he slid it out a little faster, now having got up to so half the needle was out the back of his skin. He was almost there....as soon as he had this out it wouldn't matter if he had a feeding tube or not, the malaria would soon overtake him and he could be free of everything.

Doc rushes into the room gently but firmly making Luke move.

"Doc he took it out put it back he'll die without it"

Luke's voice is starting to rise in pitch with his hysteria at what Bo has done.

"Luke calm down *doc orders sharply then seeing Luke make the effort, explains* I can't make him continue with the treatment Luke he's an adult and has the right to make that decision himself."

Luke shakes his head frantically still borderline hysterical

"No he don't......Daisy get Uncle Jesse in here he'll make Bo stop"

Luke continues to shake his head and argue that Jesse could make Bo leave the needle alone. Getting nowhere though he bolted from the room and out the front door looking around the yard with wild eyes looking for somewhere he could go this couldn't be happening they couldn't just let Bo purposely do something that would kill him sooner than he was already going to die.

Doc sighs he was afraid of this being Luke's reaction but had expected it to come after Bo's death.

"Alright Bo....I can take the feedin' tube out or leave it in.......but before ya tell me to take it out ya got to promise you'll try and eat more I ain't gonna let yer Uncle Jesse and cousin's watch you starve yourself to death."

Bo just closed his eyes and shook his head. It didn't matter none about the feeding tube now, now that the medicine had gone it was only a matter of time before the virus consumed him. he would rather have the tube in, tham be forced to eat more when he was just too weak to do so.

Daisy tried to grab Luke as he ran past but found it pointless, she couldn't stop him now...

Jesse stepped out of the barn when he heard frantic breathing and heavy footsteps. He called out when he saw Luke

"Luke? What in tarnation is going on?"

Jesse rushed forward and gently supported Luke as best he could...this was like seeing Bo all over again.

"Luke....Luke ya have to calm down and explain this ta me properly...."

Daisy crossed to the bed and gently sat next to Bo, crying gently as she held his hand and smoothed the yellowed skin on the back.

Luke wipes his mouth when there's nothing left to throw up. Shaking from the effort takes several deep breaths calming enough to tell Jesse more coherently what's happening.

"Bo....took out.......the IV he'll......d...die *barely gets the word out*...sooner without the medicine.....even.....w....with...the feedin' tube........Ya gotta.....ya gotta....m.....mmake 'im let Doc put it back.......needs it to live.......can't lose him.....not yet.....can't......not ready......please Uncle Jesse make him let Doc put it back in and leave it alone."

Pleads between sobs as the tears keep cascading down his face.

Doc looks out the window worriedly at Luke but sees Jesse has him so at least he hadn't gone too far. Looking back at Daisy and Bo made him want to give up being a doctor this was part of the job he hated.

Jesse sighed and closed his eyes, pulling Luke closer. This was the hardest thing he had ever had to do...

"Luke....now you know I want Bo better as much as you do....but boy....it is creul to keep Bo livin' as he is when its clear that he don't want to no more and that its hurtin' him ta do so...."

He felt Luke shudder in his arms, and he knew that Luke knew this already. It was just a matter of getting through the grief in Luke's head and pointing him to the best course of action.

"Lukas....I cannot go against what Bo wants, not now. I don't want him to pass on....but he'll be in a better condition if he does and Bo knows this now...otherwise he would have tried to take out the IV beforehand...he's held on for as long as he can Luke, but now he just feels its time to go....you have to accept his decsion and I know it's hard....my ol' heart is breakin' slow inside here too...but we HAVE to Luke, sometimes you just have to let them make this decsion..."

Bo looked over at Daisy and shook his head slightly with a small smile, reaching up to wipe the tears away.

Daisy sniffed and smiled gently back at him, running her fingers through his golden blonde hair.

"Oh Bo...I wish it didn't have to be this way....we're gonna miss you so much hunny, but you know what you're doing and....Bo....I'll let you go....I just want ya to know that i'll always love you and I'll always miss you....but I can see why....why....doing what you are...."

Bo nodded softly and smiled his thanks, still too scared of talking after the last time.

Luke listened to Jesse still crying hard but no longer hysterical in the comfort of his Uncle arms. He knew what Uncle Jesse was saying it was cruel to make Bo live as he had been but he wasn't sure he could let go but for Bo's sake he'd try. Pulling away slightly he looked up at Uncle Jesse eyes fearful and swollen from crying so much but still steadily leaking tears.

"I........understand all that Uncle Jesse,in here anyway *points to his head* but here *points to his heart*....is havin' a hard time exceptin' it. Gotta tell Bo it's ok or he'll hang on stubbornly like all us Dukes"

Doc checked out the window again feeling a little better at seeing Luke sitting up on his own and appearing at least calmer although you could still see the hard shaking of his shoulders even from that distance as he tried to come to terms with what was happening. Turning back to Bo and Daisy he wondered if he was making the right decision leaving the feeding tube in,but he didn't know how much longer Bo could hang on with or without nourishment,he wasn't prepared to let Bo starve if he lived for days.

Jesse nodded and hugged Luke tighter.

"I know.... I know...and I hate to say it but....its true....I think Bo really is waiting for your acceptance before he....moves on....he loves ya Luke and if you asked him to hard enough he would hang on for as long as he could....but you can't ask him to do that Luke....it isn't fair to ask him to keep holding on...."

Daisy pulled Bo's head and shoulder's into her lap gently and cradaled him softly, wondering how much longer she would be able to do this for....how much longer her little cousin had left before he vanished from their lives for good...

Luke nods again sniffing and wiping away the tears mentally preparing himself for the hardest thing he's ever had to do. Standing up shakily,shoulders slumped in a defeated way.

"I think I'm ok ta talk to Bo now,he weren't none to happy about that feedin' tube it scared him he's afraid to talk afraid it'll hurt like before with the breathin' tube I saw it in his eyes."

trudges slowly back to the porch stopping with his hand on the screen door gathering all the courage he had for what the conversation he was about to have with his youngest cousin probably be their last. Going inside Luke moved slowly down the hall almost creeping into the room having to bite his lip to keep from crying as he saw Daisy craddling Bo's head and shoulders in her lap. He stood there just watching them for now,Daisy needed time with Bo just as much as he did.

Amos quietly exited the room leaving the three cousins alone. He needed to find Jesse and see if he was ok,finding Jesse still in the yard where he'd been with Luke staring off across the land Amos puts a hand on his shoulder.

"Ya gonna be ok Jesse?.......Is there anybody I can call for ya?"

Jesse shook his head lightly, just looking out over the land...

"No....I'll be fine....I better start plannin' the wake and the f...funeral...."

Daisy gently held Bo close, wishing that things didnt have to be this way. It was so hard to be holding Bo knowing his life was just slipping away with each second that passed.