Double Duke Trouble

BoJamesDuke

The blank look in Bo's eyes however remained. He didn't respond to Luke's touch, only blinked slowly as he saw everything happening in front of him again. He could see the men walking around, discussing what they were planning to do thinking Bo couldn't hear in the sick state they had put him in....but he could hear everythin. Everything was so clear that was why they had made the threats when they had realised that he could.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Luke took his hand he quickly clamped his own round it, needing the support although his look was still blank. He wanted nothing more than t run from that place, nothing more than to run the General through the small shack and destroy every single memory that would always reside here. But his body felt like it had been filled with lead. He couldn't move, rooted to the spot through fear and an inexpleciable feeling of sorrow.

And yet, something inisde of him was telling him to force himself to stay, telling him that by running away he was letting them win, he was letting them take a fear supported grip around his life again. He never wanted to feel like that again...

Luke feels the tight girp on his hand but this time he can't even begin to imagine the things that are running through Bo's head. God only knows what the vamits did to him while he was here,this thought causing a rage in Luke like no other he'd ever felt before. Luke's mind is made up as he pulls a little more firmly on Bo's hand trying to get him to move,he's going to talk to Mr. Flatt about destroying this old dilapidated cabin. Certain that the owner will gladly get rid of the building that has caused so much pain for the Dukes especially Bo.

"Bo we need ta get home Uncle Jesse'll be out lookin for us. We been gone too long already."

At the sharper pull on his hand and the mention of a member of his family, Bo jolted and blinked like he'd been stung. He looked over at Luke finally, his eyes swimming with new tears as he realised that it was indeed all over. There was no one in the cabin except him and Luke, no one tying him up, no one drugging him to make him ill....no one except the one person who was always beside him through everything, who would always keep him safe...

"Luke....."

Bo's need for reassurance that he is safe makes luke smile.Kind of reminding Luke of when Bo was a kid and had nightmares. Always needing Luke's reassurance that the monsters in the night wouldn't get him. Giving Bo a squeeze Luke shakes his head against the side of Bo's head. Then pulling Bo back slightly so that his younger cousin can see into his intent baby blue eyes and read the depth of the words there.

"Nope they ain't nobody gonna get ya nomore, my word as a Duke! Your safe now Bo I ain't gonna let nobody ever do this kind of thing to you ever again."

He swallowed and fought back more tears as he saw the promise shining in Luke's eyes. Bo nodded his head and smiled gratefully at his older cousin. If Luke had given him his word as a Duke, then it was enough to make Bo believe for now when he needed it the most that Luke could keep him safe from anything and that he really would be alright.

Seeing the trust in Bo's eyes Luke swears to himself to keep that promise at all cost. He'd not be letting Bo out of his sight until Bo himself had decided he was ready to do things on his own again. Luke smiles one more time at Bo before putting an arm around his shoulders with a chuckle

"Let's go see Cooter and get them parts this place gives me the creeps."

Luke wraps a protective arm around Bo's waist guiding him across the room,flipping off the light switch and out the door. Outside in the bright sunlight Luke squints his eyes waiting for them to adjust to the change in light. Stopping at the passenger side of the General Lee,Luke gently helps Bo slide in the window before scrambling across the hood to climb in the driver's window cranking the powerful motor and pulling out heading for Cooter's.

Slinging some dirt and sending the General airborne again. Not saying anything just letting Bo think things over and really come to terms with the fact that an end to his torment was indeed true.

Bo barley even recognized that they were in General Lee as Luke powered up the engine. Leaving the hut without his hands bound, without the feel of warm blood trickling down the side of his face, without the horrible sick feeling running through him really hit him hard. He really wasn't a prisoner anymore, the two guys who had held him really weren't anywhere near him.

As Luke sent the General over the jump again, Bo felt all his worries, all his cares, all his fears soar away with the General except they didnt come back down with him. He grinned wildly as he felt the weight life of his shoulders and never return.

Luke looked over at Bo grinning at the return of the carefree wide grin on Bo's face and the first totally at ease look in his eyes that hadn't been there in forever it seemed. Sliding around the curves toward the garage feeling at ease again himself. As they go through the town Luke slides the General Lee to a stop in front of the garage.

"Hey Cooter ya here?"

Bo slid happily out the General and called out to the mechanic too. EVentually his head popped out from underneath a car hood in the garage.

"That you buddyroe's?"

He moved out from under the bonnet and grinned widly letting out a whoop of joy as he saw both the boys looking as good as ever.

Bo couldnt help but laugh a little and embrace his enthusiastic friend, gently slapping him as his arms squashed his still healing chest a little.

"HEy cooter, lemme go....can't breathe when ya do that..."

Cooter apologetically released Bo from the bear hug. Boi just grinned and, while quickly recovering his breath, slapped Cooter gently on the back, showing no hard feelings.

Cooter grinned and nodded at Luke's question

"Well o'course ya didn't think I'd let them just go ta anyone else now did ya? They're right out back, i'll go grab 'em fer ya."

With that he hurried to the back, searching around in the numerous boxes he had aqquired.

Luke grins as Cooter disappears,he knew that Cooter wouldn't let parts meant for the General go to anyone else.

"See Bo I tole ya Cooter wouldn't let nobody else have the parts for General Lee"

Seeing Cooter come back with a box,Luke takes it from him and sticks it in the window of the General on the backseat.

"Thanks Cooter...How's business,without us findin ya jobs?"

B.L. slumps against the bar as things slow down for a minute. It'd been a busy day but a profitable one for her. Not being a regular employee so not having to give Boss a portion, she'd been sticking the tips folks gave her in her pocket.

Cooter grinned at the boys, leaning against the car he had been working on.

"Well how do ya think buisness is? You's two are the only ones I know that can wreck enough cars in one day to put a mechanic to work for a week."

Daisy sighed and leant on the bar, not tires being used to all this work, but glad that B.L seemed to be enjoying herself. She loved working here, loved seeing all the folks of HAzzard and nearly always was the information gatherer for Bo and Luke's plans from here.

Luke laughs it being a running joke with alot of truth to it that he and Bo were Cooter's main source of income. Either wrecking the General or causing Hazzard's police force to need towing and a good deal of the time fixing which always resulted in Boss Hogg nearly getting a vapor lock when he got the bill for the county.

"We'll try to do better now that Bo's up and around"

B.L. sighed working here at the Boar's Nest had been as much fun as it always was when she came with the Duke boys or Cooter who was more apt to loosen the reins than her older brother L.B. She'd not even had much chance to think about Daisy's asking her if she'd like to ask Boss Hogg for a job. But thinking about it now she was defenitely game as soon as Daisy's shift was over before they started back to the Duke farm.

Cooter laughed.

"You better do or I's gonna be out of this garage quicker than Boss Hogg can eat lunch."

Bo laughed and put his hand over the heart

"As soon as I can drive again I swear I'll wreck Rosco's car three times over."

Daisy smiled over at B.L, getting ready to close up the bar by doing the last rounds. She could tell her friend had had fun and that she hadn't faired too badly from the tips either.

Luke laughs at both his friend and Bo. He almost believes Bo will wreck Rosco three times over. Putting his own hand over his heart like Bo he grins at Cooter while pointing at Bo with the opposite hand

"On my word as a Duke Bo'll wreck both Rosco and Enos three times over"

B.L. pushes away from the bar smiling back at Daisy as she starts to do the last rounds. Coming out from behind the bar now that everyone was gone she starts to help Daisy clean up.

Bo laughed and playfully grabbed his cousin's finger and twisted so that Luke's arm ended up wrenched gently behind his back.

"And I swear I ain't gonna let him anywhere near the driving seat once I can get in it again so you have more buisness than usual."

Cooter laughed and had to sit in the open passenger side of the car he had been working on.

"Yeah I guess that'd work."

Bo nodded still laughing.

"Yeah...Luke's a little too tidy when gettin' rid o'Rosco and Enos."