The only show worth rememberin'

Here's a story I thought would be fun to share.

The other day I was driving down the road and during my journey I passed an Amish man in his horse and buggy. This incident brought back a memory.

Several years ago(maybe seven or eight) I worked at a walmart store for a couple of years. During that time there was an Amish guy named Andy who also worked there. Andy was hired around the same time as I was. He did not work in the same department as I did, but I seen him a lot because he worked maintenance and stock which pretty much ment he went all over the store where ever he was needed. Andy was a very friendly person and he would talk to anyone about just about anything.

Well one day, out of pure curiousity, I was asking Andy about the Amish way of life; their customs, beliefs, that kind of stuff. He was happy to talk about it and answer all my questions.

Anyway, he told me that when a child is born into an Amish family that they are not officially Amish at birth. Apparently, when the child reaches an age some where between their late teens and early 20's(exact age to be decided within the family) it is up to them to make a consciouse decision on their own to either remain Amish or not. In order to make this decision, they are to leave the Amish community for one year during which they are to experience the world. At the end of that year they may either go back to their Amish community and become members of their church and officially be Amish or they can decide that the Amish lifestyle and beliefs are not for them and go their own way.

Reguardless if they decide to remain Amish or not, they may do anything the rest of might do during their year to experience the world. During that time, they can drive cars, use a computer, watch tv; use or experience any modern convenience or technology that they wish.

Well, I asked Andy what all he had done during his year to experience the world and if he had watched any tv and if so, what shows had he watched.

Andy said he had watched tv during that time. He said he watched a lot of different shows but he couldn't tell me what they all were except for one called the dukes of hazzard which he said was the only one he could recall because it was the only one "worth rememberin"!

It seriously is. It's got religion,family,good humor and some really fast cars.

I may not have been born in the '70's but I'm pretty sure that the dukes of hazzard was a show that the whole family would just sit down together and have some popcorn and have a good time.

It just goes to show that you don't need sexual situations or death or any of that crap to have a good show.

• 11 months later...