Do you separate the Coy & Vance episodes from the Bo & Luke episodes?

Philip_Duke

I think I only seen the Coy and Vance season a time or two. They had great themes or plots for them, but it was definitely not the same as Bo and Luke. I think if they got actors and made them their own characters, it would have worked better. I felt like they were replacements for Bo and Luke with just different names. . .and not as cute as Bo and Luke.  It definitely got better when Bo and Luke returned from the circuit. Except maybe for "The Strange Visitor" episode...anything was better than that one, I feel like. Just my two cents worth...lol

21 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

It depends. If I am just looking to watch an episode I wouldn't normally put Coy and Vance in. If I want to watch the whole series in order I have to watch them of course. They really aren't that bad. In fact I like most of them....and the good thing is that the rest of the cast are just as fantastic as ever! 

For the first time watching the show, sure, but afterwards it's just optional.

I watched the whole of Married With Children, the early seasons were absolutely fantastic although the later ones were really hard to stomach as it wasn't really that funny, if anything, it just felt unpleasant and rude. As if they had forgotten about comedy.

Think it was Seasons 1-7 (or 8), and afterwards it went downhill.

The Dukes were never that bad, thankfully.

On 9/15/2024 at 5:57 PM, Philip_Duke said:

I watched the whole of Married With Children, the early seasons were absolutely fantastic although the later ones were really hard to stomach as it wasn't really that funny, if anything, it just felt unpleasant and rude. As if they had forgotten about comedy.

I never saw that but I can guess how it went because the same thing happens to all situation comedies. The first 2 years are funny. Then they run out of material and the next two years are jokes about sex. Then the next 2 years are even nastier jokes about sex. The Dukes did the opposite. You never heard anybody joking about Enos's virginity or how many illegitimate kids Luke had, except in the first few episodes. You never see something get cleaner nowadays. I'm glad the Dukes did.