New Movie

katz112

Hi fans,

I am new to this forum....but have been watching the show since new....I wanted to put my 2 cents here about the movie. I just saw it last night due to a free TX that I got from the purchase of a video set. I unfortunately, have to say I hated the movie. It had no plot line, no follow to the show, and to top it off- it put the dukes in a position of being the mean ones. (I mean as far as wrecking everything). I found the movie to be just for the men who wanted to see Jessica Simpson strut her body around. I give it a thumbs down...fans.

I wish they could do a movie with as many of the origionals as they can get and put that on the big screen!

Anyway....I will always love the show...as I have been for 30 years...OOOOOPPSs....did I just give away my age?

Since I am a new forum person here....my faves are: John...he is always HOT!! and loveable James Best.....he as Roscoe...gets me right there.....(Pointing to the heart).

Thanks fans!

• 3 months later...

I just talked to a good friend of mine who just watched the '05 big-screen version of 'The Dukes of Hazzard' for the first time last night. He said that he found some parts of the movie entertaining and downright funny, but didn't feel that the movie could be compared with the televsion series. Overall, he said that he felt that Jonny Knoxville did the best job in the movie and felt that Burt Reynolds portrayal of J.D. Hogg absolutely was horrible. Overall, he said that while he enjoyed certain aspects of the film, he felt that they could have come up with something a lot better.

GADuke01

I just talked to a good friend of mine who just watched the '05 big-screen version of 'The Dukes of Hazzard' for the first time last night. He said that he found some parts of the movie entertaining and downright funny, but didn't feel that the movie could be compared with the televsion series. Overall, he said that he felt that Jonny Knoxville did the best job in the movie and felt that Burt Reynolds portrayal of J.D. Hogg absolutely was horrible. Overall, he said that while he enjoyed certain aspects of the film, he felt that they could have come up with something a lot better.

GADuke01

Great statement. Don't compare it to the TV show. That is all there is to it. Thank the Lord that the movie was different than the show anyway....

I'm gone

Darrell

I stopped by and visited my friend and his wife last night. I asked him again about as whether or not he liked the movie. He said that it was fair for what it was, but it was also disappointing because it just wasn't anything like the television series he grew up with. His wife told me that she quit watching it after about 20 minutes into the film.

GADuke01