Songs in the movie - not on the soundtrack.

The music made this film even more fun to watch .. It was like the perfect songs at the perfect time....

1. Mississippi Queen - Mountain - gave me goosebumps when the General was first born and it's lights came . Then in slow motion with Mississippi Queen famous guitar riff.....Awesome

2. My Wife Thinks Your Dead - Junior Brown - The Balladeer had to have a song in there. Boss Hogg is boiling crawdads and it's the song heard in the background.

3. Shoot To Thrill - AC/DC - Another great moment and perfect song when Luke is hanging out the General's window shooting his bow when they are getting chased

4. Busted In Baylor County - Shooter Jennings - Too good .Loved the song as Luke was getting dragged on the safe.

5. La Grange - ZZ Top - As they are getting chased in Atlanta

Just awesome thay included Waylon Jennings - Good Ol' Boys to open the film. That brought a tear to my eyes.....

I know there are songs that I missed so please post them. I know there is another AC/DC song -If You Want Blood (You Got It) is the song I think, not sure though....

I'm gone

Darrell

The music made this film even more fun to watch .. It was like the perfect songs at the perfect time....

1. Mississippi Queen - Mountain - gave me goosebumps when the General was first born and it's lights came . Then in slow motion with Mississippi Queen famous guitar riff.....Awesome

2. My Wife Thinks Your Dead - Junior Brown - The Balladeer had to have a song in there. Boss Hogg is boiling crawdads and it's the song heard in the background.

3. Shoot To Thrill - AC/DC - Another great moment and perfect song when Luke is hanging out the General's window shooting his bow when they are getting chased

4. Busted In Baylor County - Shooter Jennings - Too good .Loved the song as Luke was getting dragged on the safe.

5. La Grange - ZZ Top - As they are getting chased in Atlanta

Just awesome thay included Waylon Jennings - Good Ol' Boys to open the film. That brought a tear to my eyes.....

I know there are songs that I missed so please post them. I know there is another AC/DC song -If You Want Blood (You Got It) is the song I think, not sure though....

I'm gone

Darrell

I loved the music so much in the movie, wish the soundtrack was better put together, but i ordered my own custom CD from wal-mart that I named Dukes soundtrack with my own selection plus a few extras i would like to see in a dukes movie or that relate to moonshine.

Custom Dukes Soundtrack

20 songs; 01:10:16 total time

Song Listing:

1. Theme From The Dukes Of Hazzard (Good Ol' Boys) - Waylon Jennings

2. Down South Jukin' - Lynyrd Skynyrd

3. Mississippi Queen - Mountain

4. Busted In Baylor County - Shooter Jennings

5. Guitar Man - Jerry Reed

6. Flirtin' With Disaster - Molly Hatchet

7. Them Good Ol' Boys Are Bad - John Schneider

8. Just Good Ol' Boys - Moe Bandy and Joe stamply

9. If The South Woulda Won - Hank Williams, Jr.

10. Outta Hell In My Dodge - Lynyrd Skynyrd

11. Are You From Dixie (Cause I'm From Dixie Too) - Jerry Reed

12. Ballad Of Thunder Road - Jim & Jesse (wish they had the mitchum version)

13. Copperhead Road - Steve Earle

14. White Lightning - George Jones

15. Revenooer Man - George Jones

16. The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down - The Band

17. Daddy's Moonshine Still - Dolly Parton

18. Promised Land - Elvis Presley

19. Call Me The Breeze - Lynyrd Skynyrd

20. The South's Gonna Do It Again - Charlie Daniels Band - Charlie Daniels Band

I loved the music so much in the movie, wish the soundtrack was better put together, but i ordered my own custom CD from wal-mart that I named Dukes soundtrack with my own selection plus a few extras i would like to see in a dukes movie or that relate to moonshine.

Custom Dukes Soundtrack

Song Listing:

i was dissapointed in the soundtrack as well .... when the AC/DC songs and Mississippi Queen were played i had chill bumps. also i think these two songs should have been somewhere in the movie as well ..

"The boys are back in town" - Thin Lizzy

"Highway to Hell" - AC/DC

i was dissapointed in the soundtrack as well .... when the AC/DC songs and Mississippi Queen were played i had chill bumps. also i think these two songs should have been somewhere in the movie as well ..

"The boys are back in town" - Thin Lizzy

"Highway to Hell" - AC/DC

• 2 weeks later...

Nah, THe boys are back in town and Highway to Hell would have been too cliche.

I thought that the music used for the chase scenes was picked beautifully. The only song I would have added was Rock and Roll by Led Zeppelin. I mean, come on, he is wearing a Zeppelin shirt the last half of the movie. The only place I would have put it is in the scene where they use Flirtin with Disaster. But lirtin with Disaster was still a cool choice.

Who knows, I will keep my fingers crossed for another movie that they will be able to use it in.

I was a little dissapointed in the sountrack myself. I really wished they had put some Creedence Clearwater, like "Bad Moon Risin'" Or "Up Around The Bend", That would have added a nice touch.

They could have atleast put in "Mississippi Queen" instead of Jessica's song...

Oh well, I was happy with the movie and the soundtrack.

Over And Out,

General :o

Hi, I'm new to the forums, but have followed the website for a long time. Thought I'd give a link to the version for the song Black Betty that was in the Dukes movie trailer. It's by a band called Spiderbait.

http://www.chaylock.net/haberler/news/info.asp?ID=358

Just right click and save the target link. I'm not sure if this is a legal download or not. I just typed "spiderbait black betty mp3" in yahoo and it was like the 3rd hit. Anyway, hope this helps someone. I know I was dissappointed with the original version of Black Betty on the soundtrack because I knew it wasn't the one on the trailer.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I thought the soundtrack was pretty dead on.

I could've done without Jessica's song, mainly since I'm a diehard Nancy Sinatra fan and I cringe at ANYONE who does a cover of her stuff, since I deem it "untouchable".

I think my favorite song on the soundtrack was "Black Betty". I've been listening to it in my car for weeks now, and it never gets old. Also, The theme song is great, as usual, and Willie Nelson does a great job! He's fantastic.

I was hoping for something by the mavericks. Also Blues Explosion was a great addition to the soundtrack. There were some definite adrenaline pumping songs that fit the mood of the film. I liked the soundtrack.... could've dealt with more soundtrack and less dialogue....

I thought the idea ya'll had of making a custom soundtrak was a good one. I started downloading my own off of itunes to include the songs mentioned above that were in the movie but not on the official soundtrak. However I could not find any original ac/dc songs, are they there and I just can't find them, is anyone else having the same problem?

• 3 months later...

I know this is an old post, but I watched the movie yesterday and was looking for information on "Mississippi Queen" and found this. One question:

How do you put your own set of music together w/ Walmart?!

Custom Dukes Soundtrack

Song Listing: