'The Dukes of Hazzard' Theatrical Trailer

wLc

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the trailer was great. They seem to have 2 new takes on the theme tune. The one that was done by Willie Nelson which sound just like the TV theme tune and a rock one,which I like. I think the new cast and crew have done well and if the film is as good as the trailer then it will be a big hit at the ciinema.

Just as I suspected, a stupid Jackass meets Supertrooper ripoff.

With some Road Trip and American Pie thrown in...

Lame Stifler jokes...etc.

Smokey and the Bandit my ass.

The only thing that saves this POS is The General.

Even then, I hate the fact that those two bozos were behind the wheel.

As they say in Louisiana, we need a redeaux.

YEEEEHAAAA!!!!!

Man that makes me wish it was August already. I can't wait to see this movie. I know some of that made Bo seem Stifler like with his jokes but it was funny as hell. That was Waylon's theme song playing during the trailer. And Oh how I love those shorts. :D:D

It sounds to me like Waylon but you can't tell for sure. I know Shooter just released an album but I haven't heard him sing yet. If he sounds like his dad then maybe it's him. But I agree I've got to get those songs somewhere. I know they're releasing a sound track CD for the movie cause Willie's recorded a version of the them sound and he's redone Skynyrd's "Call me the Breeze" for it. Plus I've heard Simpson is gonna sing a song or two on it. Hopefully it won't be pop like all her other stuff. I'll be checking Best Buy occasionally to see if they have it.

i have watched that trailer like 10 times, and it just makes me more excited to see the finished product. I am really glad to see that they put that much effort into the chase scenes i.e. the cool camera work. For everyone saying that this looks like super troopers meets jackass, i don't know what they smoked before they watched the trailer, but there isn't any sign of that in there. From what is shown in the trailer, this movie is very much in the original spirit of the show, just modernized a little.

For those of you asking about the music. The first song is Black Betty. It is a remake and i think that ram jam did it. THe second song is the original theme, and the last song is the re-recorded theme. I don' know who has re-recorded it...but i am going to do some digging. It doesn't sound recognizable, but i can tell its a duet with someone.

I can't wait till we can see the nxt trailer which will probably come out end of june or early july.

Not too thrilled with the actors' scenes. "Let's put another shrimp on the barbie!" makes me think that a page from the script for Dumb and Dumber somehow got shuffled in since they use that EXACT same joke.

However, the guys who said that this movie, even if it's bad, will deliver on the scenes with General Lee were right on! Man, that car is awesome and will be the movies saving grace.

I think the re-recorded theme towards the end of the trailer is Shooter Jennings. I think. LOL. I say this because it sounds like the same verison CMT used during the closing credits of their Inside Fame program.

Definetly they have Waylon's original single release version of the theme in the background. It was good to hear that.

The stunts alone are gonna carry this movie. THANK GOD they went with real stunts and not computer generated crap. YEEHAA!

The didn't actually use the same joke. In DUmb and Dumber, the line was like this.

Woman: I'm from Austria

Jim Carrey: Well then, G'Day mate...lets throw another shrimp on the barbie.

What makes that funny is because the woman isn't from Australia at all.

However, I won't write off your statement completely because the first time I saw the trailer and that part came up, my mind also went to dumb and dumber.

The action scenes look like a full-throttle hellride. That much of it rocks.

The characterizations still fall short. Bo Duke in a Led Zepplin t-shirt? BAHAHAHAHA!! Rock ON with yer bad self, Bo. Stairway to where??

Willie looked cool, though. Burt still looks like Burt, no matter what character he plays. Man, I'd laugh my head off if he's behind the wheel of a Trans-Am at any point in this film.

I still think this movie will require a 3-beer toxify before viewing, just to get through the insipid dialogue. But when viewed from an alternate-universe perspective, it might be interesting to see Bo and Luke as edgy, wayward, rebels-without-a-clue. They're grittier, nastier, and dumber, but when their main purpose in the movie is to get shook around in the car like two peanuts in a tin can, who cares?

Brian

The characterizations still fall short. Bo Duke in a Led Zepplin t-shirt? BAHAHAHAHA!! Rock ON with yer bad self, Bo. Stairway to where??

Stairway to Hazzard Brian.... *chuckles*

I agree with much of what you said, its the highflying aspect of this movie that might make it a hit. If Jessica's denim panties don't bring the box office numbers yet, the action certainly will. And youre right about the characterizations, Bo and Luke are certainly a tad brainless, kind of like Dumb and Dumber goes to Georgia. I think the 3 beer requirement might have to be booted up a little just to sit through the movie itself.

Alex