Planning a trip to Cooter’s Place

Burl Tolliver

I'm hoping to take my family to Cooter's place soon.  I saw that Catherine Bach is going to be in Luray on May 14/15.  There is also a car show that weekend.  I'd love to meet both Cooter and Daisy on the same trip, but I'm a little concerned about the crowds.  Have any of you been to one of these events, and if so, how were the crowds.  If it's so busy that you can't get through the line to meet Daisy or Cooter, then maybe it would be better to go on a "non special" weekend and just meet Cooter in a more relaxed atmosphere.  What do you guys think?  

Option 2 is to go to both Pigeon Forge and Luray on one of the weeks that Cletus is in Pigeon Forge.  I'm in central Kansas, so Pigeon Forge is almost on the way to Luray.

Other things I plan to do are Monticello, Mt Airy, and the graveyard of NA$CAR (North Wilkesboro).  Any other can't miss stops along the route?  Thanks in advance.

Sorry about the font. I can’t log into the forum on any computer and can’t type well on my phone. So I typed it out and emailed it to myself and then cut and pasted on the phone. I guess the font got messed up. 

If you highlight the text it becomes readable. 

Edited by Burl Tolliver

If you have to cut/paste again, there should be an option to 'Paste as plain text instead' at the bottom of the reply window immediately after you paste the text. Click this and it should remove all text formatting (color font etc.).

Several members including myself have had trouble logging in since the last software upgrade. The issue should be fixed now, but you may have to clear your browser cache and login again.