Sign in to follow this  
RogerDuke

2018 NFL

Recommended Posts

This is the thread where everybody posts how fun it is to be a Steelers fan and Garrett posts how depressing it is to be a Bears fan.

How many fantasy teams are you in Garrett and how are they doing? I'll finish second in one and am in the playoff hunt in the other. Sunday is a big day for us fantasy players. Good luck Garrett!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Garrett, I picked up your Bears QB this morning as a back up if Big Ben gets hurt. I was surprised he was available. I also have Trey Burton who I always play and your Bears WR Robinson who I never play but makes a good back up. Do you have any Steelers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Hey Garrett, I picked up your Bears QB this morning as a back up if Big Ben gets hurt. I was surprised he was available. I also have Trey Burton who I always play and your Bears WR Robinson who I never play but makes a good back up. Do you have any Steelers?

I'm in 5 leagues this year...but am only winning in one. So I have hope for one league.  And in those leagues,  I dont recall having any Steelers.  Will have to check. I have Burton and Trubisky in a few leagues, dont think I have Robinson.  But he would be a great one to have.  Good luck in your leagues Roger. 

Oh and by the way its not depressing this year to be a Bears fan. This is the best year they've had in like forever! LOL. They beat the Rams last night. They are sitting pretty at number one in their division. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the game last night Garrett and your boys really looked like Super Bowl contenders by beating the Rams who only had one loss. My Steelers lost to a terrible team, the Raiders, who only had 2 wins. I bet you enjoyed last night! Congratulations!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I watched the game last night Garrett and your boys really looked like Super Bowl contenders by beating the Rams who only had one loss. My Steelers lost to a terrible team, the Raiders, who only had 2 wins. I bet you enjoyed last night! Congratulations!

Lucky you Roger.  I dont have cable and my TV doesnt get NBC for some reason so just had to check  my phone. Was really surprised when I woke up and saw they won. So happy...they may actually have a chance this year. 

Sorry your Steelers lost. The Bears lost last week to the Giants who only won three before their game...so I feel where you are coming from.  

Which was why I was fearing their game against the Rams. Am glad they bounced back when it counted the most. Hopefully your Steelers will too. (Just be grateful the Bears got Kahil Mack when they did from the Raiders...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

. (Just be grateful the Bears got Kahil Mack when they did from the Raiders...)

Thankfully the Bears are in a different conference. That way they can't stop the Steelers from making it to the Super Bowl. I finished second in one of my fantasy leagues but in the other I had a miracle win tonight. I was up against 4 other teams for the last playoff spot AND I needed more total season points as well. I ended up winning 143.08 to 142.24. The third best team this week only had 111.98. Minnesota's RB Cook had a last second TD that almost caused me to lose. It can't get much closer than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2018 at 11:07 PM, RogerDuke said:

Meadowmufn is a big Seahawks fan. Their defense looked amazing tonight against your rival Vikings Garrett.

I saw they were playing the Vikings and was so happy the Seahawks won. Kasey Kahne likes the Seahawks too. ;)

Congrats on your fantasy teams Roger. That is great. 

Yeah its probably best they aren't in the same division as the Steelers...you'd probably have me deleted from HNet. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, both our teams won today.....big wins for both of them. This means that we are one step closer to a Steelers win against the Bears in the Super Bowl. Seriousely though, the way your Bears are playing they have a better chance of making it than mine team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2018 at 10:17 PM, RogerDuke said:

Well, both our teams won today.....big wins for both of them. This means that we are one step closer to a Steelers win against the Bears in the Super Bowl. Seriousely though, the way your Bears are playing they have a better chance of making it than mine team. 

They played good last weekend.  They play Jeff Gordon's 49ers on Sunday. (Gordon favorite team) and then off to the Vikings first their last season game. 

Have to admit,  I came into this season not expecting much since the last two years have been pretty tough. But they proved me wrong. So glad to be wrong. I think Matt Nagy adds alot to the team as the new coach...and Kahil Mack woke up out defense. And Mitchell Trubisky is stepping up as the QB. Fingers crossed they have a great playoff.

Hope your Steelers will do good for you too. 

Tho with two games remaining for the season...that means only a game or two left for fantasy.  Then I have to wait for NASCAR season to start up for any more fantasy...ugh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless I get a miracle next week my Steelers won't be going to the playoffs *uncontrollable sobbing in background* which means I'll be a Bears fan in the post season. Congratulations Garrett. Is yahoo doing fantasy NASCAR this year?

Edited by RogerDuke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Unless I get a miracle next week my Steelers won't be going to the playoffs *uncontrollable sobbing in background* which means I'll be a Bears fan in the post season. Congratulations Garrett. Is yahoo doing fantasy NASCAR this year?

I saw that about your Steelers and thought of you. Hope they have a perfect game next week. Tho I'll be excited to have you be a Bears fan!

 

I will have to check on Yahoo. Last year they didn't and I did fantasy NASCAR  through nascar.com which was fun, but not the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ended up with a second place in one fantasy league and third in the other. No champions this year. The Steelers still have a chance but need to win the last regular season game and the Browns to beat the Ravens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I ended up with a second place in one fantasy league and third in the other. No champions this year. The Steelers still have a chance but need to win the last regular season game and the Browns to beat the Ravens. 

I was doing so good in o e of the five leagues I'm in. But didn't do so well this week I guess. I went from first to fourth. My Bears better win the Super bowl this year...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I'm sorry to hear about your Bears Garrett. At least they went further than my Steelers. NASCAR and baseball will be here before you know it.

Thank you Roger. It was a rough way to lose the game. But they had the best season since forever.  I mean they went from 5-11 last year to 12-4 this year. 

I thought of you too when I heard the Steelers didn't make it. Guess we'll have to wait til next year for our Bears and Steelers Super Bowl.  ;)

 

I so cant wait for NASCAR and baseball season. Life will be good again. 42 more days until Daytona 500!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

 

I so cant wait for NASCAR and baseball season. Life will be good again. 42 more days until Daytona 500!

And Major League pitchers start organized practices in February. That's next month! There is hope around the corner. Unfortunately for me your Cubs will probably be a lot better than my Pirates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2019 at 9:07 PM, RogerDuke said:

And Major League pitchers start organized practices in February. That's next month! There is hope around the corner. Unfortunately for me your Cubs will probably be a lot better than my Pirates.

There is hope and something to look forward to.  It just cant get here soon enough!  Never lose hope in your Pirates...tho I'm hoping for a 2016 repeat from my Cubbies! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this