HazzardNet Monthly Meetings

RogerDuke

Is it just me or does it seem like we're drifting apart a little bit here on the HazzardNet? I suppose it's only natural. Families tend to do that in these busy times.

But it's about time we reversed the trend. Starting Thursday Sept 1st we are going to be holding a monthly chat room meeting to keep better in touch. It's not going to be easy considering we have folks in Europe and folks on the United States Pacific Coast but we just can't sit back and see ourselves drift apart like we've been doing.

I'll post a reminder a couple days before every month's end. Then, on the first day of every month, I'll be in the chat room at 7:00 pm EST hoping to talk to some of my Hazzard County friends. If only one other person shows up that's fine. It only takes two people to hold a meeting. If a dozen folks show up that's even better....the more the merrier.

I might log in a little earlier to talk to our relatives "across the pond" but I'm not sure how much sooner I can get on. We'll have to deal with that on a month by month basis.

I look forward to Thursday evening. It's going to be like a Hazzard County Reunion!

Hmmmm, what's the difference if we clicked on "chat" or "flash chat"?

Hmmmm, what's the difference if we clicked on "chat" or "flash chat"?

You may recall, Roger, when we did our Christmas shenanigans we used the new flash chat as various folks were having problems with the regular chat room due to the java script. I think the Flash chat room worked out pretty good for everyone. You can use either chat function but the regular chat seemed to have the most issues.

A note to everyone, to use either chat room you must have either Java installed or Adobe Flash. Either one of these softwares is a free download.

Great idea to do the monthly chats, Roger. Just let us know which room you wanna use (or which one you normally use) and I'm sure they will come. (I'm gonna try to be there this Thursday! I'll bring the popcorn, heh! :popcorn:)

Thanks MaryAnne.

We'll be meeting under Flash Chat in the Boar's Nest.....

Thursday evening September 1st 7:00 Eastern Standard Time.

Feel free to log in anytime after that. I'll be there at least an hour. If the party's really hopping I might be there three hours!

Roger, this is a great idea. Unfortunately I can't attend this one but I'll try to catch it next week. I'll also mention it in on the home page for next week. Try to keep MaryAnne out of trouble in the meantime. You get her into these group chats and things turn into chaos.

We had a great time at the meeting. It was attended by MaryAnne, Hoss, James and myself. MaryAnne was the last one out the door so I hope she wasn't too mad having to clean up the mess that James and Hoss left. Next monthly meeting: October 1st.

Glad to hear it went well. Ya know, if it's always going to be once a month, I might make the Fan o' the Month announcement at the meetings and then follow up with the postings to the homepage and Forums. In the odd chance the recipient is at the meeting, they can enjoy the live salute from us.

Or, I might forget by Oct 1st that there's a meeting, so you'll need to remind me.

Meantime, MaryAnne and I might make our administrative meetings public once in awhile. Pretty much we sit around and bicker about our to-do list and throw pies at each other. We usually accomplish this (and less) in AIM; we would be just as ineffective in the HNet chat.

We had a great time at the meeting. It was attended by MaryAnne, Hoss, James and myself. MaryAnne was the last one out the door so I hope she wasn't too mad having to clean up the mess that James and Hoss left. Next monthly meeting: October 1st.

I had a great time with y'all! And the mess wasn't too bad! Now if Brian had been there...well, I'd still be cleanin' the place up. :D

With some proper promotion (or proper explotation, as Elwood Blues would say) we'll have more folks there on October 1st. Mark your calendars folks, it's a Saturday. Brian, I'll make sure to remind ya before then.

Now, as for holding our admin meetings publicly once in awhile... well, I suppose HNet citizen's have a right to see their HNet government inaction. It'd be better than watching C-SPAN coverage of that other inactive government....because we have pie throwing on the side. Not much would get accomplished but it'd be down right entertaining! :popcorn:

Now, as for holding our admin meetings publicly once in awhile... well, I suppose HNet citizen's have a right to see their HNet government inaction. It'd be better than watching C-SPAN coverage of that other inactive government....because we have pie throwing on the side. Not much would get accomplished but it'd be down right entertaining! :popcorn:

If all else, it puts more pressure on us to actually get stuff done that we're talkin' about, which ain't a bad thang. Since I'm on vacation for the next few days, maybe we should hook up in chat next weekend to get back on track.

That'll give me time to get some pies ready, too. :neener:

With some proper promotion (or proper exploitation, as Elwood Blues would say) we'll have more folks there on October 1st.

I know about that stuff, I've been exploited all my life.

We're goin' up north to put the word to the streets.

You, on the motorcycle! ... you two girls, tell your friends. Free parking. 2 dollar cover charge only folks. That's a lot of entertainment for two dollars ... and October 1st is ladies' night at the HazzardNet chatroom.

GeneralSpeaker.jpg

If all else, it puts more pressure on us to actually get stuff done that we're talkin' about, which ain't a bad thang. Since I'm on vacation for the next few days, maybe we should hook up in chat next weekend to get back on track.

That'll give me time to get some pies ready, too. :neener:

Hmmm.... you may be on to something there. Public accountability and all that.

Awright then, let's plan to have a meeting in the chat room next weekend. You name the date and time. We'll open the doors to the public and see who wants to watch!

I gotta git busy gettin' my own pies ready.... :-P

Awright then, let's plan to have a meeting in the chat room next weekend. You name the date and time. We'll open the doors to the public and see who wants to watch!

I'm getting worried just imagining what it will be like. I might need to be heavily medicated to attend. To quote Billy Bob Thorton from Slingblade "I might end up back in the nervous hospital."

Heh! First of all, I dig that megaphone-enhanced General Lee. Never know what Hoss is gonna come up with next.

Roger, don't worry. The administrative meetings that MaryAnne and I have, are no worse than the posts you see on HazzardNet. (but not any better, either.) Besides, this could be your chance to weigh in on discussions in progress. Or simply spy on us.

Ok, it's on! MaryAnne and I will have a town-hall type meeting on Saturday Sept 10th, at 8:00 p.m. Eastern time. This is a very informal meeting of the minds (or mindless) where we will discuss current HazzardNet projects, items from the suggestion box, and whatever else is on our bucket list.

We'll be in the flash chatroom, "Boar's Nest", so anybody interested is welcome to attend. It's your chance to see HazzardNet administration behind the scenes.

:swordfight:

• 2 weeks later...

Just to keep the bases covered... we are planning an informal writer's meeting this Saturday night. I'm too lazy to re-type the details so please look at the chat post I did here.

Also hoping that Roger is going to continue the monthly open chats when he returns from his computer break. Next one should be Oct 1st if I'm understanding the new tradition correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

Shucks, this stinks. I'm not going to be by a computer October 1st. If you folks want to keep this new tradition alive go ahead without me. After all, I was the one who said it should be on the first day of every month so I don't deserve to get in on the fun since I can't make it. As a plan B I'll be in the chat room Tuesday the 4th at 8pm EST

Sorry about that.

Thanks to everyone who participated. Hoss gets the extra effort award for staying up until 3 AM (Ireland time). I had fun and I hope everybody else did too.....even though I did have to clean up the mess. That's okay, I've been sneaking out of that job for years. It's about time I did something.

• 2 weeks later...