2011 Nationwide Series Race results

Garrett Duke

Well today was the Nationwide Series Daytona race and sadly I missed it. Oh well guess I probably won't catch 'em all anyway, but Daytona would have been nice. Though I can gaurantee you that I will be watching the Daytona 500 tomorrow. :D (GO GORDON GO!!!!!!!!!!)

Here is the top ten finishes of today's race:

1. Tony Stewart

2. Clint Bowyer

3. Landon Cassill

4. Dale Earnhardt Jr

5. Reed Sorenson

6. Jason Leffler

7. Kyle Busch

8. Ricky Stenhouse Jr

9. Michael Waltrip

10. Trevor Bayne

Once again, I missed the Nationwide Series race...am not doing very good at watching them as I was hoping. Looks like I may even have to miss the Cup race today :( very disappointed about that.

Anyway, Kyle Busch seems to be hot this weekend. He won the truck race at Phoenix and then won pole for the Nationwide Series race...and went on to win it.

Here is the top ten for the Nationwide Series at Phoenix:

1. Kyle Busch

2. Carl Edwards

3. Kevin Harvick

4. Ryan Newman

5. Reed Sorenson

6. Joey Lagono

7. Ricky Stenhouse Jr

8. Justin Allgaier

9. Brian Scott

10. Kenny Wallace

Well...after two races into the season, I am once again venting on how NASCAR allows Cupr drivers to race in the Nationwide Series races. Once again, the top five drivers that finished last night's Nationwide Series race are Cup drivers...well except Sorenson and he use to drive Cup. So at least half of the top ten is made up of Cup drivers...how are the younger drivers to learn by losing to the Cup drivers? The Cup drivers have years of experience behind them to win races and so forth...

Anyways, that's how I feel about it. :) Onto the Cup Series race this afternoon at 2:30 ET on Fox...

Well the Nationwide Series raced at Las Vegas today and again, I missed out on it. Guess I probably won't be catching them this year unless I get a Saturday off sometime. HA HA.

Here is the top ten finishes:

1. Mark Martin

2. Justin Allgaier

3. Brad Keselowski

4. Danica Patrick

5. Trevor Bayne

6. Carl Edwards

7. Denny Hamlin

8. Ricky Stenhouse Jr.

9. Jason Leffler

10. Kenny Wallace

Wow...52 year old Mark Martin won the Nationwide race today. Perhaps that will boost his confidence for tomorrow's race. :) Am impressed with Danica Patrick's fourth place finish...could be wrong, but do believe that is the best finish she's had in the Nationwide Series. Last year she didn't do very good or at least didn't have good finishes, a top five finish isn't too bad.

Tomorrow will be the Sprint Cup race at Las Vegas - prerace show starts at 2:30 ET on Fox.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I think I am giving up on the idea of watching the Nationwide Series this year...seeing how I have yet to watch one. That idea didn't last too long. Oh well I guess.

Here is the top ten finishing drivers at Bristol today:

1. Kyle Busch (led his 10,000 Nationwide Series lap today.)

2. Kasey Kahne

3. Dale Earnhardt Jr (hopefully he can do this good tomorrow ;) )

4. Elliot Sadler

5. Joey Lagano

6. Kevin Harvick

7. Carl Edwards

8. Jason Leffler

9. Brad Keselowski

10. Aric Almirola

Once again, I am thinking it proves my point that the Sprint Cup Series drivers shouldn't be racing in the Nationwide Series. Seven out of the top ten are Sprint Cup drivers...Elliot Sadler ran full Sprint Cup Series the last few years but opted to drive the Nationwide Series this year...he'd make eight. To me it seems you can't see where the real talent is in the up and coming drivers when they are racing against someone who has been racing for awhile in the top tier of NASCAR...of course they'll have the upper hand over the younger drivers. That's only my opinion, of course. Would love to hear what y'all have to say about the topic.

• 3 weeks later...

OK I highly apologize for letting this thread slide as I have had. Not only have I not watched the Nationwide Series as I had hoped to this year, but have had a hard time writing the results of the race as well due to the lack of time. I am considering myself lucky to watch the Sprint Cup races...

They raced tonight at Talledega and it looks like it had a wild finish with Joey Lagono pushing team mate Kyle Busch to his first Nationwide Series Talledega win.

Here is the top ten finishes of tonight's Talledega race:

1. Kyle Busch

2. Joey Lagano

3. Joe Nemechek

4. Brad Keselowski

5. Elliot Sadler

6. Trevor Bayne

7. Justin Allgaier

8. Dale Earnhardt Jr

9. Reed Sorenson

10. Aric Almirola

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday was the Nationwide Series race at Dover. Of the video that I saw, with fourteen laps to go, Carl Edwards and Joey Lagano were going at it for the win. On the final restart for a green white checkered restart, Carl spun the tires and Joey got the lead back from Carl. A little while later, Joey looked like he wiggled a bit and Carl used it to pass him to take the lead. After Carl passed him, Joey slammed into Clint Bowyer who went onto two wheels and the accident collected several cars and instantly red flagged the race. Carl Edwards went on to win the race and went and talked it over with Joey.

Clint Bowyer has seemed to have the knack to be in the wrong place at the wrong place. Last week he got collected in the feud with Kyle Busch and Kevin Harvick in the Sprint Series and now this last night...

Here is the top ten of the race:

1. Carl Edwards

2. Kyle Busch

3. Reed Sorenson

4. Ricky Stenhouse Jr

5. David Reutimann

6. Elliot Sadler

7. Kenny Wallace

8. James Buesher

9. Aric Almorilo

10. Mike Wallace

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

OK...I apologize. I have done an HORRIBLE job at watching the Nationwide Series and keeping up with it on here. :( Shame on me!

Well I watched over half of the race tonight at Iowa and it was a fun race to watch...just wish I was t here to watch in person! Carl Edwards led the most laps and Ricky Stenhouse Jr was up front for some of it...who won last time in Iowa this year. Trevor Bayne was doing a good job until he had tire problems...over rand over. He was at least seven laps behind.

At one point Carl and Ricky got into each other and Ricky got upset at Carl for how he raced him. They are both team mates in the Nationwide Series.

David Meyhew raced his first Nationwide Series race tonight and came home tenth! Did a great job racing his first race.

But got to admit, they had a very surprising ending to the race. Stenhouse Jr was leading and Carl Edwards was second and when the white flag dropped, there was little Carl could do to pass Ricky Stenhouse Jr at the end. But just before before the finish line came into view, Stenhouse Jr's engine blew, Edward's brakes or steering or something froze and he shoved Stenhouse Jr to the finish line! Never seen anything like that before. Either Stenhouse or one of his crew thanked Edwards for pushing them to the win. HA HA. Was hoping Edwards would have won, but oh well...second isn't too bad, is it?

Here is the top ten:

1. Ricky Stenhouse Jr

2. Carl Edwards

3.Elliot Sadler

4. Josh Wise

5. Aric Almorila

6. Reed Sorenson

7. Kenny Wallace

8. Steve Wallace

9. Michael McDowell

10. David Meyhew

• 2 weeks later...

After watching the end of the Camping World Truck Series am now watching the Nationwide Series race...they have yet to go green. They are road racing at Montreal...the only race outside of America that NASCAR races at...and it could be their last race at Montreal due to money issues.

As always, several cup racers are in the race today. Carl Edwards forgot his passport at home so after qualifying at Michigan for tomorrow's race, had to go home and get his passport and drive his own plane to Montreal. Talk about a stressful weekend.

Jacques Villeneuve and Alex Tagliani are on the front row of today's race and are both from Canada.

The green flag just flew...am ready for a great race. (Looking forward to the Sprint Cup race at Michigan tomorrow afternooon!)

What an awesome today's Nationwide Series race was in Montreal! Lot of bumping and sliding today....with the worry of rain. It was Patrick Carpetier's last race and was doing pretty well until the end when something happened to his car and he ended up parking it off of the track and watching it on a stand...he is from Canada so he was a home favorite to win. Sad to see him go out like that. He took it pretty well, though. Robby Gordon was racing a good race til just after Patrick's accident when he ran too hard and ran into the back of another guy to take him out. Could tell he was really frustrated. Trevor Bayne had a off and on race as well. He got into a small accident when a rookie spun out and went back out on the track (around a blind corner) and had to go into pits to repair his car. He rebounded and with ten to go he was fifth or so. He finished 23rd or somewhere around there so something must have happened to him.

Disappointed for Bayne. He's such a good kid and would love to see him succeed at more than just Daytona. But was very excited to see Marcos Ambrose win his first Nationwide Series race. Last week he won his first Sprint Cup Series race at Watkins Glen and he has followed it up with his first Nationwide Series win today! So happy for him. He is just always so positive, always has a smile on his face. Both races are road races...he was a road racer before coming to NASCAR so he knows a thing or two about road races ;). Now for him to win at an oval...

Here is the top ten finishers of today's Nationwide Series race:

1. Marcos Ambrose

2. Alex Tagliani (from the Montreal area...)

3. Michael McDowell

4. Steve Wallace

5. J.R. Fitzpatrick

6. Scott Speed (Driving for Harvick...great finish for Speed!)

7. Carl Edwards (great finish for Edwards after forgetting his passport at home! Hung out around fifteenth place all day. Snuck in to get a top ten!)

8. Justin Allgaier

9. Jason Leffler

10. Elliot Sadler

Sprint Series will be racing at Michigan on channel ESPN at Noon central time! Enjoyed watching some of the truck series at Michigan where Kevin Harvick won his second truck race in a row. Enjoyed, more so, the Nationwide Series race at Montreal since I knew more of the drivers. But most of all, am looking forward to Michigan tomorrow for the Sprint Cup. All I have to say is, it better NOT rain!!!!!!!

... Enjoyed, more so, the Nationwide Series race at Montreal since I knew more of the drivers.

I actually recognized quite a few. There was a good mixture of old and current IndyCar drivers as well as those from Sprint Cup. Jaques Villeneuve even drove F1 (the Montreal circuit is named after his father). Drivers don't really compete in different series concurrently over here.

I actually recognized quite a few. There was mixture of old and current IndyCar drivers as well as those from Sprint Cup. Jaques Villeneuve even drove F1 (the Montreal circuit is named after his father). Drivers don't really compete in different series concurrently over here.

A few of 'em were also road racers...like Boris Said and Ron Fellows. Robby Gordon does good at road races as well. . .as is Marcos Ambrose as I stated earlier. Jeff Gordon is known as the road course king on the Sprint Cup...so too bad he didn't make an appearance for today's race. HA HA. Don't know if that is why you would know 'em or not, Hoss. Just thought I'd make note of it. There are a few others that are probably good at road courses as well, just don't know for sure or not. :)