This Is How You Do It

Bo looked up with a grin on his face as Luke spoke to him, not really hearing what his older cousin was saying. He held up his little finger with the ant on it.

"Lookit! Lil' bug! It's liddle like me!"

He shrieked happily, his eyes going a little cross eyed as he watched the ant start to make his way up his arm.

"Tickles..."

"Almost, why dont you three go get yerself washed up?" Lavinia said with a smile to them, just putting the last few bits on the sandwiches.

"Auntie! I founded a liddle ant, I founded lots of liddle ants and one cwaled up my arm and it tickled and it was liddle but Wuke made me put it back."

Lavinia smiled patting the little girl on the head gently, as she set three glasses of lemonade invitingly on the table.

Luke, meanwhile, had gone to the bathroom with Bo, turning on the water to a comfortable temperature and helping the four-year-old onto his stool. "Make sure ya use soap," cautioned Luke squeezing some into his cousin's hands as well as his own. "You know how funny girls can be bout stuff like that..."

Bo walked with Luke as he led him to the bethroom, still chattering on about his ant...what he'd call it, how long it would live, what he would feed it. He didn't care no one was listening, he was quite happy just chattering about it to himself, not stopping until they reached the bathroom and he had to stop to concentrate to get up on the stool.

Watching as Luke squeezed the soap into his hands, he giggled and rubbed his hands together....creating a bubbly lather...before clapping his hands together gleefully and making them fly all about the bathroom and into Luke's hair.

"Wheee!!"

"Why you little..." began Luke, grabbing hold of Bo and tickling him, holding him tightly so he couldn't get away.

Lavinia laughed shaking her head at Daisy's inquiring look. "Boys will be boys Daisy-girl...sooner you make up yer mind t' that the better. Why don't you eat...sounds like those twoo might be a while," she added with a chuckle.

Bo chuckled, shaking his head.

"Now that ain't entirly true...I listened and did what you said when it really really mattered..." he countered back with fondness. He would always listen to Luke when there was something important on the line they needed to do. He trusted Luke to lead him to do the right thing although now he was starting to be able to do it himself.

Bo smiled a little at that, more than anything he had always wanted to make his Uncle and his Aunt proud of him. Through his life they were the only parents he had ever known and to him there was no one else better suited to raise him. As long as they were proud of him, as long as he did right by them then that was all he was worried about.

"She'd be proud of you too Luke....and Daisy."