Weekly Communtiy Chat

General Grant

Hey Y'all!

An Idea hit me the other night when I was chatting with what seemed like half of Hazzard County!

What do y'all think about having a weekly chat? For instance, every Sunday night at 7:00 pm CST. We can all try to agree on a day and time, if anyone thinks this is worth pursuing. If not, I apologize for the waste of space.

Hope to hear any comments or suggestions.

Catch y'all later, take care now, ya hear?!

General Grant

General,

I think that's a splendid idea! Maybe we could set up a time and keep that every week? Not everyone will be able to chat every time, but you will get a great variety of chatters.

So, yes, I love the idea. What day and time do you have in mind? I was at the chat too, and it was Sunday. I'm not sure what time it was.

What do others think?

Laura Duke

P.S. Thanks to everyone who chatted Sunday. I can't tell you how fun it was!

Hey Y'all!

Thanks for the input. If y'all want to decide on a different day and time, that's okay, too. But, if Sundays work for everyone, I guess that I will be hearing from you on Sunday. Does 7pm CST (8 EST) work for everyone?

DaisyMaeDuke: About the chat room. I don't know if it is the correct procedure or not, but after you get into the room, a grey screen should appear where the chat room would be. If you put your mouse on that grey area, it should say "click to activate and use this control" well, click on the grey screen. And, then wait for a little bit (usually takes a minute or two) and that should pop the chat room up. But, I am not a computer whiz. That is just how I do it, and it gets me there.

I apologize Roger, if it was confusing. I was getting confused. By the time I thought of what to say in response to someone else and got it typed, four or five people typed!

Anyway, if everything goes right, I'll catch y'all at the meetin'! I'll bring the frosted mugs if Roger brings the eggnog and buttermilk!

Oh, and Lori... Don't forget about the meeting!

General Grant

General Grant, the confusion that you're talking about is what made it so fun. It's like being in the same room and listening to several people giving their opinion at once. At first it's frustrating because you can't understand anything. Then it becomes funny because it's so confusing and Hazzard is all about fun. And yes, I'll bring the buttermilk and egg nog. (I'll be drinking all the egg nog but I'll be generousely sharing the buttermilk)

I hear ya, Roger!

I know, at first I was getting upset because I simply couldn't keep up with the conversation, which only added to the confussion! But, then, I started having fun with that, because , like you say, Hazzard is plain confussing sometimes. So, I think we represent that well-- we can be confussing at times, but we are havin' fun doing so!

Anyway, it sounds like everyone wants it Sunday at 7PM CST (8 pm EST)

If anyone wants anything different, please don't hesitate to suggest a time!

Otherwise, I'll catch y'all at the meetin' Sunday.

General Grant

Hi Everyone!

This sounds like fun! I will sure try to be there on Sunday!

That was really fun chatting last week, so I'm definately looking forward to that again. We will have to slow down for Roger and General, though. :)

Sorry to hear that you won't make it Lori, I hope next week you can, though.

DaisyMae, I don't know if this will help, but I don't use the pop-up chat room because it just doesn't work well. I recommend a separate page for the chat room. When that page pops up, there will be a grey box with a picture of a coffee cup on the top left corner. Take your mouse and hit the grey box, and in a few moments it should work just fine.

I hope it works and you will be able to make it on Sunday.

Well, I'll talk to you all then-I can't wait! :)

Laura Duke

Hey North_of_Border1!

I hope to see you tonight chatting! Don't worry, I am sure that you will do much better than I will! I am horrible at chatting, but I have a blast doing it. I feel sorry for everyone on the receiving end of it. I am always inseting my comments late!

Anyway, I am sure you and I will know what the other is saying!

General Grant

I'll catch y'all tonight!